This post contains everything you need to know if you're new here or new to modding COH2 in general.
We're happy to help you out with all your modding questions, but we have some very simple guidelines for posting in order make that as easy as possible - please try to follow them and your questions will be answered more quickly.
Before you post:
1. Read our tutorials. You can find them in the next section. They will answer most basic questions.
2. Use the search function. Many questions have been answered before.
3. Do you still need help? Then start a new topic in this forum.
- Make one topic for each question.
- Give every topic a helpful title.
- Describe your questions in detail.
If you're new to modding COH2, this is the best place to start.
- Getting started with the official tools by Janne252
- Modding Company of Heroes 2 by eliw00d
- Modding Commander Abilities by Planet Smasher
- 25-pounder Emplacement by SneakEye
- Workarounds by SneakEye
- Squad AI by Lugie
- Unused Infantry Models - by Dar
- Merge patch with outdated tools - by SneakEye
- Attaching to moving entities - by Sie_Sayoka
- Make OKW forward HQ mobile again by SneakEye
- Modding Wiki by Relic
- SCAR documentation by Relic, updated by eliw00d
- SCAR UI Control API by eliw00d
Apart from Relic's official modding tools, there are a few others that can be quite handy.
- COH2 UI Asset Browser by Janne252
With this tool you can browse UI assets such as icons and portraits.
- CheatCommands Mod II by Janne252
This is a small mod that allows you to "cheat" so you can easily test your own mod.
- CELO by SturmTigerNeffarion
This is not a modding tool, but an application that allows you to view player information when starting a COH2 match and to manage things like past replays and matches.
Once you have read and watched all the tutorials, the best way to learn is to make a mod. Start your own and share it here in the modding forum, or have a look at the Modders' Job Board and join an existing team. Working with more experienced modders is an excellent opportunity to learn!