Login

russian armor

King of the Hill | Season 3

15 Jan 2019, 12:31 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Your text..

King of The Hill | Season 3

Last updated 31/03/2019 - All updated items are marked with a '*'

The King of the Hill is a ‘winner stays on’ competition which offers CoH2 players a chance to win prize money whilst promoting high-level play. The longer a player is able to keep their throne by winning consecutive games in a row, the more prize money they can win. In order to be the King, you must defeat the current King! Contesters to the throne are chosen before each game from a list of registered players in Twitch chat via various interactive methods.

Rules

When there is no King, 2 players will be voted by Twitch from the selection pool. The winner will be King.

Standard Game Rules

Game Mode - 1v1, 500 VPs. All games played in the current automatch patch.
Best of - All games are single elimination
Starting Positions - Allies start in position 1 or 2, Axis start in position 3 or 4
Bulletins - All bulletins are allowed
Commanders - Due to the recent patch, all commanders are allowed in the event again
Factions - All factions are allowed
Matchups - No mirror matches allowed. All games are Allies vs Axis
Observer Settings - Please set observer delay to 3 minutes
Disconnects - Any disconnect after 5 minutes OR squad loss is a loss
Trolling - Trolling by any participant will result in a full non-revokable ban for the rest of the season and player will not receive any outstanding payments

Each player may only contest the throne 1 time each week.
If the King is dethroned, he cannot contest the throne again in the same week.

In the event of a bugged unit, please continue playing the game. Moderators will make a decision at the end of the game as to whether this bug was the cause of a win or loss. If the bug clearly caused a win or loss, then the game will be replayed for double prize pool on this game only.

Game Setup

The map is selected by the Wheel of Fate.
The King selects their faction.
The Challenger then selects their counter faction.

Map Pool

Please ensure that you use the official automatch version of these maps unless otherwise stated:

Arnhem Checkpoint
Faymonville Approach
Crossing in the Woods
Crossroads
Lost Glider
Caen
Langreskaya
Kholodny Ferma
*Semoisky Winter has been removed from this event
Road to Tula (Monolithic Bacon)
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=907533390&searchtext=)
Novograd (Rosbone)
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1354471233&searchtext=)
Nexus (WhiteFlashReborn)
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1435868720&searchtext=nexus)
Bayeux (Spanky)
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=657287948&searchtext=bayeux)
St Omer Airfield (DevM & VonIvan from Tric's SMC)
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=907087512&searchtext=St+Omer+Airfield)
Hable V2 (Beagletank)
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850754504&searchtext=Halbe+v1.2)

Time Table

The tournament starts from Sunday 27th January.

The tournament is scheduled for most Sundays at 16:00 BST. This may change occasionally and I will communicate this via Twitter & Discord but please check the weekly schedule posted on my channel for more information (www.twitch.tv/stormless).

This tournament is designed to encourage high-level play in the community. You must meet the following eligibility requirements to sign up to the player's list:

• Ranked top 50 for at least 1 Allied Faction & 1 Axis Faction
  • Active Steam ID for a primary account
  • You must be able to play each week at starting time if you are the current King

Please register your interest to play in this tournament by posting your main account name and SteamID in the #koth-signup Channel - https://discord.gg/MbWRKAk

During the time you are signed up for the KOTH event, we request that you keep your Steam profile to the same name you have signed up with. The moderators are doing a lot of spreadsheet work and this helps them work faster without having to check mismatched names. Please also make sure your name is accurate to your gaming brand as we do not want to have mismatched names on screen to what who we are casting.

If your names don't match, you won't be signed as available to play on the spreadsheet.

Funding

The prize pool is entirely decided by donations and support. If you would like to help this event continue, please make direct donations to the stream (Please make sure that your message clearly states where you want your donation to go).

A big thank you to Relic Entertainment for sponsoring King of the Hill | Season 3. Relic have kindly sponsored the event with an initial £400.00 to start things off!

Twitch Cheers & Bits do not count as donations. These will all go directly to Stormless

*Prizes

The prizes for this tournament are as follows:

THESE PRIZES WILL INCREASE AS THE PRIZE POOL INCREASES

1st Game Win - Become King of the Hill
2nd Win - £40.00 Prize Pool (£20 from 1st and 2nd game)
Any subsequent win - £20.00 added to Prize Pool for each game won

Prize money will be paid out at the start of the next month in arrears. It is the players’ responsibility to keep track of what they have won although all payments and win data will be tracked on public spreadsheets.

Stream Information

The official stream will be broadcast at www.twitch.tv/Stormless

VODs will be available at www.youtube.com/StormlessUK

Casters for the event may change occasionally.

Process for playing

All eligible players must be present in the 'Stormless' Steam group if they are ready to play the next game - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stormlessUK

Please do not join this group unless you are confirmed as eligible to play. Players who join when they are not eligible will be removed from the group.

The Steam group will be used to track players who are available to play and also makes it easy for players to invite each other to the lobby if they are not friends on Steam.Once you are voted in to play, you will be invited from the steam group to the lobby where you will set up each game according to the rules stated in this document.

*Merchandise

King of the Hill has it's own brand of face plates for you to use for each faction thanks to RitaRush!

King of the Hill Faceplates

You can find these in the in-game store from the CoH2 menu! Please note that these Do Not contribute to the KOTH prize pool anymore
15 Jan 2019, 12:51 PM

did you consider making King of the Hill in 2v2 game mode? It could be very interesting and something new ;)
15 Jan 2019, 12:59 PM

KotH is back :hyper:

:banana::bananadance::banana::bananadance::banana:

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 12:51 PMStark
did you consider making King of the Hill in 2v2 game mode? It could be very interesting and something new ;)

you misspelled 3v3 :snfPeter:

15 Jan 2019, 14:04 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I've already got a 2v2v version of KOTH written up but 2v2 is harder to organise and fund. Depending on how KOTH S3 goes, we'll see what happens!
15 Jan 2019, 15:51 PM

KotH is back :hyper:

:banana::bananadance::banana::bananadance::banana:

you misspelled 3v3 :snfPeter:

if only umlululul wont kick u of the hill in that 3v3 mode.....

:clap::rofl:
15 Jan 2019, 16:38 PM

if only umlululul wont kick u of the hill in that 3v3 mode.....

:clap: :rofl:

:guyokay:
15 Jan 2019, 16:43 PM
Senior Referee Badge

HYPE NEW KOTH :hyper:

And yes i agree 2v2 version would be epic ^^

Still gonna sign up for this, would be nice if i can get some pak43 action in there :ph34r:
15 Jan 2019, 17:09 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Still gonna sign up for this, would be nice if i can get some pak43 action in there :ph34r:

Please give me some more of that Pak43 action ???? that was quality in GCS1 lol

The game has changed loads so I can't wait to see some of the hilarious stuff people are doing these days
15 Jan 2019, 17:25 PM

yea its been to long since pak 43 was in 1v1
16 Jan 2019, 13:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

yea its been to long since pak 43 was in 1v1

I'm pretty sure it's common around rank 2000 games but only the mighty GB | Hooligan can pull it off at top level apparently :clap:
16 Jan 2019, 13:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Sorry for little offtopic, but what with skins, which were created for previous KotH? Relic still not going to add them?
16 Jan 2019, 13:55 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Sorry for little offtopic, but what with skins, which were created for previous KotH? Relic still not going to add them?

We created faceplates which are still in the game at the moment. (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1203319411)There is one for each faction and proceeds from this still go into CoH2 events run by myself.

Unfortunately, Relic were not able to free up game space for the skins to my knowledge. They never entered the game for sale. It's something I'm going to chase up with them though this time around. Fingers crossed something might allow it now.
16 Jan 2019, 14:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

We created faceplates which are still in the game at the moment. (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1203319411)There is one for each faction and proceeds from this still go into CoH2 events run by myself.

Unfortunately, Relic were not able to free up game space for the skins to my knowledge. They never entered the game for sale. It's something I'm going to chase up with them though this time around. Fingers crossed something might allow it now.

Thank you, i crossed my fingers too!
16 Jan 2019, 16:28 PM

Why is semois in the map pool ? It's not even in the automatch anymore
16 Jan 2019, 21:18 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Why is semois in the map pool ? It's not even in the automatch anymore

There are a few maps which aren't in automatch anymore.

The idea of KOTH when it first came about was to showcase content that was outside of the automatch pool for a number of reasons:

1. It's more interesting than the same maps we see all the time
2. It helps mapmakers and players learn about maps and where they succeed or fail more
3. It promotes workshop content and gives a stage for content creators where they sometimes don't get seen

Semois has been reworked and we have assessed all the maps in the map pool so that we think they are competitive. IF any of the maps show to be noncompetitive during the event, we just change the map pool.
19 Jan 2019, 16:28 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Thank you, i crossed my fingers too!

Just to let you know, I have asked Relic about this and they are going to get back to me :)
19 Jan 2019, 16:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just to let you know, I have asked Relic about this and they are going to get back to me :)

Alright, i am taking my wallet. :lol:
P.S. if Relic agreed, will you make Allies v2.0 skins, like for Germans? Or it was like fixes?
Phy
19 Jan 2019, 18:59 PM

I've already got a 2v2v version of KOTH written up but 2v2 is harder to organise and fund. Depending on how KOTH S3 goes, we'll see what happens!

HYPE :hyper::crazy:
21 Jan 2019, 08:28 AM

Hey Stormless, nice to see KotH back. Might wanna ban "ghosting" with objects too since some people see it as unfair and could cause trouble ;).

Also might be a good idea to clarify what will happen if some kind of weird bug occurs like the ZiS gun bug.
21 Jan 2019, 19:18 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 08:28 AMLuciano
Hey Stormless, nice to see KotH back. Might wanna ban "ghosting" with objects too since some people see it as unfair and could cause trouble ;).

Also might be a good idea to clarify what will happen if some kind of weird bug occurs like the ZiS gun bug.

In a best of 1 format, there isn't really a fair decision that we can make in the rules because we don't know the impact. We will literally have to observe whether a bug like that was game changing.

I want to try and avoid making any judgement calls during games where possible
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS