Login

russian armor

Mechanized assault build order

9 Jan 2019, 12:06 PM

I have been using mechanized assault doctrine for extended period of time now and i have tried few variations on same build using it. I wondered if anyone had something to change or better build order overall

i will ignore in what part i tech because it comes down mostly when i have resources for it.

first when i have my pios i build barracks while purhaching mg 42, after if i call of assault grenadiers and then get 2 grenadiers and from there i get either mortar if i map has many buildings or campy enemy or second mg 42 if enemy has more infantry than expected. after it i generally tech up and get at gun. Sometimes i got 222 if my enemy had annoying scout car or panzergren 250 call in if i floated resources. Then depending on my resources, i get stug e if i had cps close to tiger and start to save for it. Otherwise i went with double panzer 4s and tiger later on if resources allowed.

so in short

mg 42
assault grens
2 grens
mortar/mg42
tech 1
at/scoutcar/ mech assault group
stug e (situational)
tech
x2 pnz 4

is there something that could be improved?
10 Jan 2019, 09:03 AM

What game mode do you play? 1v1 or team games?

I don't know if this is exactly better per se, but if you want to try and mix things up you could potentially skip t1 entirely and rush for t2 with scout cars and flamer ht, before your opponent realistically has any good counters.

I've both used this and had it used against me to good effect :)
10 Jan 2019, 10:17 AM

I'd get the assgrens as first unit so you can be a bit more aggressive at the start of the game, which is normally pretty hard as Ostheer.

Generally grens as second unit, which can deter early light vehicles and comes slightly earlier than an MG42 (20MP cheaper and T1 is closer to the battlefield than HQ).

Then 1 more gren and an MG42, with the order depending on how important the MG42 is for you. Often, the MG42 should be your third unit, so you don't get overrun.

You now have a good basic army composition, so you could get any unit you like. You could get either a sniper, another gren, second MG42 or 1-2 mortars, depending on what you need. A third gren is always useful.

If I go mech assault, I like to skip T2 and stall for the 250 with pgrens. The pgrens offer decent AT capabilities if you upgrade them with shrecks, while the 250 can act as shock unit when garrisoned by pgrens / LMG grens / flame pio. Not making the T2 building saves you 200mp and 20 fuel, so you basically only pay 290mp for pgrens, while getting a free shock unit with it. 3 CP should be in time for the T70, but you'd probably have to bare through an AAHT or AEC. Backtech to PAK40 if something really bad happens (AAHT pushes you back to base at < 3CP or pgren squad dies).

Next, tech T3 for a quick panzer 4, which has both good AI and AT. You could get another unit before getting T3 if you float. Sometimes, getting a second 250 really pays off.

The stug E could come after the P4 if you like using it, (I don't think it's effective as first tank). This makes a strong early combination against infantry and AT guns, especially with the light arty strike, while also providing good AT.

The next units you get depend entirely on what you need. For tanks you could either make more P4's, tech T4 or stall for tiger, (mind that a tiger easily gets countered by tank destroyers).

So generally: assgren - gren - mg42 - gren - gren/sniper/mortar - Med bunker - (T2 tech for LMG/nade) - 250 with PG's - T3 - P4 - Stugie - more P4's/T4/Tiger

As bulletins, I'd advise: faust range, MG42 vet (earlier incendiary rounds) and 50% faster PAK40 buildtime (in case of emergencies).

If done correctly, you should be able to deal lots of pressure at most stages of the game.

I don't like skipping T1 as Mech Assault, because Assgrens get countered too easily on their own. I rather use Osttruppen for that.
10 Jan 2019, 11:55 AM

What game mode do you play? 1v1 or team games?

I don't know if this is exactly better per se, but if you want to try and mix things up you could potentially skip t1 entirely and rush for t2 with scout cars and flamer ht, before your opponent realistically has any good counters.

I've both used this and had it used against me to good effect :)

I mostly play 4v4 and 3v3 buit i have moved towards 2v2s
10 Jan 2019, 13:21 PM

I'd get the assgrens as first unit so you can be a bit more aggressive at the start of the game, which is normally pretty hard as Ostheer.

Generally grens as second unit, which can deter early light vehicles and comes slightly earlier than an MG42 (20MP cheaper and T1 is closer to the battlefield than HQ).

Then 1 more gren and an MG42, with the order depending on how important the MG42 is for you. Often, the MG42 should be your third unit, so you don't get overrun.

You now have a good basic army composition, so you could get any unit you like. You could get either a sniper, another gren, second MG42 or 1-2 mortars, depending on what you need. A third gren is always useful.

If I go mech assault, I like to skip T2 and stall for the 250 with pgrens. The pgrens offer decent AT capabilities if you upgrade them with shrecks, while the 250 can act as shock unit when garrisoned by pgrens / LMG grens / flame pio. Not making the T2 building saves you 200mp and 20 fuel, so you basically only pay 290mp for pgrens, while getting a free shock unit with it. 3 CP should be in time for the T70, but you'd probably have to bare through an AAHT or AEC. Backtech to PAK40 if something really bad happens (AAHT pushes you back to base at < 3CP or pgren squad dies).

Next, tech T3 for a quick panzer 4, which has both good AI and AT. You could get another unit before getting T3 if you float. Sometimes, getting a second 250 really pays off.

The stug E could come after the P4 if you like using it, (I don't think it's effective as first tank). This makes a strong early combination against infantry and AT guns, especially with the light arty strike, while also providing good AT.

The next units you get depend entirely on what you need. For tanks you could either make more P4's, tech T4 or stall for tiger, (mind that a tiger easily gets countered by tank destroyers).

So generally: assgren - gren - mg42 - gren - gren/sniper/mortar - Med bunker - (T2 tech for LMG/nade) - 250 with PG's - T3 - P4 - Stugie - more P4's/T4/Tiger

As bulletins, I'd advise: faust range, MG42 vet (earlier incendiary rounds) and 50% faster PAK40 buildtime (in case of emergencies).

If done correctly, you should be able to deal lots of pressure at most stages of the game.

I don't like skipping T1 as Mech Assault, because Assgrens get countered too easily on their own. I rather use Osttruppen for that.

Let's make a compromise then and suggest skipping both t1 and t2 #YOLO B-)
27 Feb 2019, 22:11 PM

What you do is build 2 assault grenadiers and put them in a 251 halftrack.
Then you time the flame upgrade with hitting the enemy position.
So what should happen is, you drive into the enemy position, unload the ass grens and have the flame halftrack upgraded, meanwhile you build another 251

The enemy should now retreat to the base, so you chase them with your flame halftack into their base, while your second 251 picks up the ass grens and starts upgrading flame on halftrack.

So now you have 2 flamehalftracks and 2 ass grens in their base.

Should be gg

25% build speed and reduced munitions flame upgrade for 251 bulletins.
3% hit for ass
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS