Login

russian armor

StuG IIIE

28 Sep 2013, 17:33 PM

Here are some hard stats on the the stug E i pulled from the files, since the COH2 stats site has not been updated last time I checked

gun
Damage: 80
Penetration: 45
AOE distance: 1.25
range: 50
reload: 4 seconds

health
HP: 320
Armor: 120

It does have slightly larger AOE distance than the stug (which has 0.75), but the unit does seem to be lacking

i have all these stats listed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc#gid=5

AOE radius is actually 2.5, what youve listed for both stugs is actually the far AOE distance (typically, half of the AOE radius). also, the stug G has a reload of 4, the stug E actually has a reload of 5.25.

it is worth mentioning its scatter though as that is quite important for AI tanks. 2.15 distance scatter and 7.5 angle scatter, identical to an ostwind.
28 Sep 2013, 22:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2013, 04:26 AMTri86

do you have any replays on hand?

Only 1 or 2 after the hotfix. The other ones are not watchable I guess(?)

One of these games was a pretty bad stomp I think, won't have too much of a meaning. Not even sure what the other game is, atm. Haven't played more after the hotfix.
28 Sep 2013, 22:12 PM

I haven't played too much with the unit but my initial impression is that while cheap, it feels pretty weak. Doesn't soak damage well, doesn't do well against vehicles and its infantry damage doesn't really make up for its lack of mobility.
29 Sep 2013, 13:34 PM

I used it against a mg in a house ... after 10 shots no deaths and very little damage to the building...mah

against infantry pretty much does one death every shot
29 Sep 2013, 14:12 PM

Permanently Banned
I really really wish I could comment, but since I havent bought the DLC, and am playing different games atm, I cant... :(

Shame to hear such reports on Stug3 though. Sounded like a good stopgap to sort of fill the light tank hole in Ost roster. Guess it aint though.
29 Sep 2013, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 14:12 PMNullist
I really really wish I could comment, but since I havent bought the DLC, and am playing different games atm, I cant... :(

Shame to hear such reports on Stug3 though. Sounded like a good stopgap to sort of fill the light tank hole in Ost roster. Guess it aint though.

Altho nobody believes me here, I would really say it is a really viable unit. Use it correctly, as a support unit with sniping abilities and the ability to withstand some dmg. I just love how you can quickly get 2 of them for nearly no manpower, right after you got your P4. Your enemy will be totally shocked that you suddenly got 3 tanks that are all able to deal massive dmg.
29 Sep 2013, 18:03 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 17:57 PMTrainzz
Altho nobody believes me here, I would really say it is a really viable unit. Use it correctly, as a support unit with sniping abilities and the ability to withstand some dmg. I just love how you can quickly get 2 of them for nearly no manpower, right after you got your P4. Your enemy will be totally shocked that you suddenly got 3 tanks that are all able to deal massive dmg.

Lot of hyperbole in there...

But thanks. I suppose fielding them AFTER PIV, as cheap and early backup, sounds viable.
29 Sep 2013, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 18:03 PMNullist

Lot of hyperbole in there...

But thanks. I suppose fielding them AFTER PIV, as cheap and early backup, sounds viable.

Well, sniping ability is a bit relative, but it deals quite a good amount of dmg to them. Nearly no manpower is true, 120mp is nothing, compared to 200mp pios e.g. And I can tell you that I won a lot of games just by getting 3 tanks at nearly the same time, while your opponent is not prepared for it. Massive dmg is the obvious consequence when you have 3 tanks driving around while your opponent has little anti-tank.
29 Sep 2013, 19:29 PM

Played against a dude who fielded two of them today...so:
1.Their damage sucks,shot at Conscript squad for 30 seconds and just two dead...
2.Weak armor,I think two AT nades took around 60% of it's health
3.SU85 practically two shots the thing...how much does it cost?
29 Sep 2013, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 18:35 PMTrainzz

Well, sniping ability is a bit relative, but it deals quite a good amount of dmg to them. Nearly no manpower is true, 120mp is nothing, compared to 200mp pios e.g. And I can tell you that I won a lot of games just by getting 3 tanks at nearly the same time, while your opponent is not prepared for it. Massive dmg is the obvious consequence when you have 3 tanks driving around while your opponent has little anti-tank.

hmm... it deals quite good amount damage? you manage to use that ability with 45 penetration to penetrate a tank? or just a light vehicle, if u use on light vechicle it just sad, a tank need to use a skill on a light vechicle, also i have try use it on a T70 and it bounce off the T70 armor, so i don't know how u manage to use that ability to "deals quite a good amount of damage"

well i don't believe you since you even state the cost of Stug 3E wrong, it cost 160MP 55FU same as T70 and SU76, it is been stated like many times in this thread and u still saying it is 120MP (like 2-3 times already), if u really using it so much and won many games with it, you should know its cost like the back of your hand. so stop saying how this unit is so good and how it cost is so low while you have no clue how much is this tank cost
29 Sep 2013, 20:06 PM

Played against a dude who fielded two of them today...so:
1.Their damage sucks,shot at Conscript squad for 30 seconds and just two dead...
2.Weak armor,I think two AT nades took around 60% of it's health
3.SU85 practically two shots the thing...how much does it cost?

Stug 3E cost 160MP and 55FU same as T70 and SU76, yet SU76 can take it head on and win easily and T70 can circle it to death, both T70 and SU76 has more AI ability than Stug 3E at moment, Stug 3E have same penetration as a T70. Stug 3E's ability and cost is same as Stug 3G with penetration of 45, so it pretty much bounce off from any tank great way to waste MU
29 Sep 2013, 20:32 PM

I don't understand why anti-inf tanks in this game needs to be so accurate. Why not just give StuG E bigger splash like the StuH in vCoH?
It makes no sense that shorter barrel guns are so accurate that they snipe infantry.
They should act more like anti-blob weapons imo, not snipers.
29 Sep 2013, 21:36 PM

hmm... it deals quite good amount damage? you manage to use that ability with 45 penetration to penetrate a tank? or just a light vehicle, if u use on light vechicle it just sad, a tank need to use a skill on a light vechicle, also i have try use it on a T70 and it bounce off the T70 armor, so i don't know how u manage to use that ability to "deals quite a good amount of damage"

I am not talking about the weird vet ability (if it even gets one). Just its general anti-inf skills.

well i don't believe you since you even state the cost of Stug 3E wrong, it cost 160MP 55FU same as T70 and SU76, it is been stated like many times in this thread and u still saying it is 120MP (like 2-3 times already), if u really using it so much and won many games with it, you should know its cost like the back of your hand. so stop saying how this unit is so good and how it cost is so low while you have no clue how much is this tank cost

Yeah you're right, was wrong on the cost. Doesn't change the fact that I had great success with it (altho, I have to admit that I would have won all of these games with another commander as well). My point stands, it is a viable unit in certain situations. It's a support tank and all in all, I don't think it needs a buff in any way. Especially not since the commander it is in has already really strong abilties.

If you want a stronger unit, you will have to make it as expensive as say a KV-1 or so, and honestly, I would not like that change considering you are already low on manpower when you use this commander.
30 Sep 2013, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 20:32 PMQvazar
I don't understand why anti-inf tanks in this game needs to be so accurate. Why not just give StuG E bigger splash like the StuH in vCoH?
It makes no sense that shorter barrel guns are so accurate that they snipe infantry.
They should act more like anti-blob weapons imo, not snipers.

agreed. it should have a giant splash damage area instead of being a sniper.
30 Sep 2013, 17:43 PM

Stug 3E cost 160MP and 55FU same as T70 and SU76, yet SU76 can take it head on and win easily and T70 can circle it to death, both T70 and SU76 has more AI ability than Stug 3E at moment, Stug 3E have same penetration as a T70. Stug 3E's ability and cost is same as Stug 3G with penetration of 45, so it pretty much bounce off from any tank great way to waste MU

why are you comparing the stug and t70/su76 in a 1v1 fight? the stug is clearly an AI tank, its not really meant to fight tanks. a good player wouldnt leave a stug all alone in the first place, they would use it to support their infantry, so comparing them in a vacuum is pointless.

the stug E is quite good AI, much better than an su76. the only redeeming factor for the su76 is its very long range, better penetration and barrage ability. i dont think 60 munitions for a barrage makes it have "more AI ability", but it is better AT than the stug.

i will admit that the t70 is better AI than the stug though. thats not really an issue with the stug, but the t70. i think the t70 is too accurate, especially while moving. this is because moving doesnt affect scatter, so its just as accurate when moving or stationary. the stug will be moving and shooting far less since its slower and doesnt have a turret.

also, youre wrong about the stugs weak point ability. doesnt seem like youve ever used weak point before. that ability can never bounce. it penetrates 100% of the time and stuns its target.
30 Sep 2013, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2013, 17:43 PMwooof

why are you comparing the stug and t70/su76 in a 1v1 fight? the stug is clearly an AI tank, its not really meant to fight tanks. a good player wouldnt leave a stug all alone in the first place, they would use it to support their infantry, so comparing them in a vacuum is pointless.

the stug E is quite good AI, much better than an su76. the only redeeming factor for the su76 is its very long range, better penetration and barrage ability. i dont think 60 munitions for a barrage makes it have "more AI ability", but it is better AT than the stug.

i will admit that the t70 is better AI than the stug though. thats not really an issue with the stug, but the t70. i think the t70 is too accurate, especially while moving. this is because moving doesnt affect scatter, so its just as accurate when moving or stationary. the stug will be moving and shooting far less since its slower and doesnt have a turret.

also, youre wrong about the stugs weak point ability. doesnt seem like youve ever used weak point before. that ability can never bounce. it penetrates 100% of the time and stuns its target.

The SU76 barrage ability is free actually. It's still bad AI though.
30 Sep 2013, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2013, 20:36 PMlink0

The SU76 barrage ability is free actually. It's still bad AI though.

oh oops. youre right. for some reason the barrage ability file says it costs 60 munitions. did it have a cost back in beta? but even so, the barrage is really only useful if someone is camping
1 Oct 2013, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2013, 17:18 PMakula

agreed. it should have a giant splash damage area instead of being a sniper.

The StuH had a 105mm gun and that is the reason why it has an artillery style explosion.

The StuG III E has a short barrel 75mm gun. It's supposed to have an effect similar to any other 75mm or 76mm HE shell.

It should not have the same effect as the StuH.

I hate historical arguments as much as the next, but you guys are asking for way too much.

Also, for a unit that can come out early, and cost relatively little

Perhaps we should state which modes we're talking about since the number of players does affect when these things come out.

A StuG 3E in 1v1 might have more use where the resource and tech rate are pretty fixed, but things can get way out of control in team games, where a 3E can come out at the same time a bigger counter.
1 Oct 2013, 03:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2013, 17:43 PMwooof

i compare it because stug 3E felt less useful compare those two same price unit i use when i play soviet, i prob not good at that unit, barrage from SU76 is not only good when they camping but also good if their infantry is attacking your position.

ah.. i am wrong on the weakpoint then i use it couple times in battle but didn't pay much attention when it fired just notice enemy tank target hp seem didn't drop, i guess it is due to its low damage then, in my back of my head is compare it to stug 3G weakpoint.

anyway i will give this unit a try once they change the agren price again. right now i am not using this general for few days already since agren don't worth my 50mu in early game and stug 3E really don't shine in my hand so 2 out of 5 ability is useless to me so i stop using it.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Germany 14
South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak