Login

russian armor

[2v2], We got destroyed and I don't know how

3 Jan 2019, 22:12 PM

I was so utterly confused how we got curbstomped as hard as we did, and watching the reviews, I just can't understand what happened. Even looking at the graphs at the end their army value goes to the MAX on the graph in the first 10 minutes, and never stopped being maxed, while we were up and down losing infantry, guns, tanks, emplacements. They really could have rolled over us at any time but they decided to just taunt us while they sloooooowly won with two points instead of three. I'd really like some advice on what went so bad.
7 Jan 2019, 14:46 PM

Weeel to be fair, it seems like your team mate started and did most of the trash talking ^_^

But I'll see if I might be able to get around a review this week. I'll probably focus most on your approach as that is really the only thing you can ever change.
7 Jan 2019, 17:00 PM

Even looking at the graphs at the end their army value goes to the MAX on the graph in the first 10 minutes, and never stopped being maxed, while we were up and down losing infantry, guns, tanks, emplacements.

The graphs do not scale correctly in many cases. The graph will scale to your value so the enemy values will be clipped off and appear to "max" out.
7 Jan 2019, 22:57 PM

Weeel to be fair, it seems like your team mate started and did most of the trash talking ^_^

But I'll see if I might be able to get around a review this week. I'll probably focus most on your approach as that is really the only thing you can ever change.

I wasn't even aware the dialog is recorded. To my memory, the enemy just kept saying one word, which sounded like a Spanish name, and never explained themselves or attempted dialog. Maybe they didn't speak English, but I still don't know what the intent was.

I'd appreciate feedback because I cannot win on Minsk to save my soul. Every machine gun I place gets run around, every infantry I use gets pinned down and killed in a second.
8 Jan 2019, 02:22 AM

Only the ALL chat is recorded I believe.
Here is the chat from the replay section that was uploaded:

[00:14:41] Morgennebel: LOL
[00:14:46] Morgennebel: WHAT
[00:14:51] Morgennebel: NICE CHEAT
[00:14:54] Ossuna: uhh
[00:14:56] Morgennebel: good job
[00:16:27] Rett Mikhal: this couldn't be more one sided if we were blind
[00:16:36] Ossuna: osvaldo
[00:16:42] Morgennebel: nice maphack
[00:16:44] Rett Mikhal: what?
[00:16:47] Morgennebel: fuk cing noob
[00:18:03] Morgennebel: lol
[00:18:08] Morgennebel: never belive
[00:18:09] Morgennebel: report
[00:18:14] Ossuna: osvaldo
[00:18:19] Morgennebel: what
[00:18:19] Rett Mikhal: what does osvaldo mean
[00:18:26] Morgennebel: just delete game noob
[00:18:28] Ossuna: cuzinho
[00:24:55] Ossuna: osvaldo
[00:27:42] Rett Mikhal: why don't you just kill us already, christ
[00:27:53] Morgennebel: ya
[00:27:59] Ossuna: osvaldo
[00:28:10] Rett Mikhal: no one understands what that means
[00:28:10] Morgennebel: garden your mother
11 Jan 2019, 19:54 PM

Ok. Here's a review that I write as I watch. It's going to be tough luck, but I mean well so please don't take offense :)

-First off, you forgot to bring bulletins and your doctrines are not great. your ally chose, better so you might get inspired from him.

- You get 3 mg's of the bat, where I would probably recommend you get t1 and some grens in stead. Furthermore you use your mgs waay too agressively, which means that they don't do much and have to ecape. mgs are generally not used for capping and should be kept behind your own teams infantry, so they can supress before getting killed of.

- you lose your first mg to the enemy at the 3 minute mark. This is a disaster so early in the game. Looking a team weapon is almost like loosing two units, if your opponent manages to get it so your team is already quite behind.

- and sorry, but that bunker made no sense. First of it's way too early to spend manpower on mg bunkers, when you don't even have a medic bunker in base and secondly it is very ealily flanked and destroyed. Wait with using them untill later, and place them covering a strategic point from an angle where your opponent cant just walz around them with no problem whatsoever.

- blobbing sometimes work, but blobbing mgs like you did made no sense. in general you really have to reflect on how you use your team weapons and use them more as a supporting role.

- Your second mg lost before the 6 minute mark.. And this mainly because you are not using them right.

- 9 mins. your ally seems to be doing most of the pushes, and the few units you have left are kind of holding back. I can's read private chat, but it's important to communicate and make organized attacks on your opponents. From what I see it looks like you are each playing your own game. and both your opponent have more than twice the amount of units/pop cap as you guys at this point.

- the bunker strategy and stationary team weapon placement that you both are using is extremely bad against a brit player with mortar pits, which is the main reason why you guys are dropping manpower hand over fist. The counter to the brit defensive strat is high mobility and flanking. scoutcars and flamer halftracks could have wrecked havoc on them.

- 17:50 you know the white fizzy gas dropping on you? That's not normal smoke but poisonous phosphorous, which won't directly kill your men, but drop their health to 1 hp, which means that a hard sneeze from the opponent will kill them. don't run your men through it!

I'm sorry, but I don't think it makes much sense watching any more as the game is essentially over at this point.

What I think you should work on:

- Mg positioning. don't move them around in groups and keep them behind your normal infantry, so they can suppress without being flanked.

- bunkers. Don't build them before you have locked the specific area down and just don't build them within range of a mortar pit. The only bunker you absolutely DO want and which neither you or your opponent got, is the medic bunker in base that ensures you are not sending out severely wounded units and just serving up your manpower to your opponent on a silver platter :)

- make more diverse units. pgrens are insanely expensive to reinforce so grens will often me more reliable as a core combatant.

I hope this small review is of some use and if you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask :)
3 Feb 2019, 13:13 PM

Clipped for sanity

I appreciate the feedback. I've switched from Germans to Russians, so the bunkers are no longer an issue. I still use MGs aggressively as I feel their ability to cap and deny at the same time is useful. I use less MGs at the beginning as I know the enemy will also have them so I find an early mortar is pretty useful. I've moved past getting destroyed in infantry phase to getting destroyed in the armor phase, though.

I realize I didn't use bulletins. In the beginning I just thought they were a complete joke with the percentage. 3% more accuracy, whoop de do. I'm sure people will say if you fire 1,000,000 shots and normally miss half of them, you'll gain 30,000 more rounds on target but it still seems like pissing in the wind to me. I would bet good money the best player in the world could beat anyone without a bulletin installed. Having bitched about that, they are better than nothing, so I've begrudgingly installed them.
3 Feb 2019, 14:03 PM

I appreciate the feedback. I've switched from Germans to Russians, so the bunkers are no longer an issue. I still use MGs aggressively as I feel their ability to cap and deny at the same time is useful. I use less MGs at the beginning as I know the enemy will also have them so I find an early mortar is pretty useful. I've moved past getting destroyed in infantry phase to getting destroyed in the armor phase, though.

I realize I didn't use bulletins. In the beginning I just thought they were a complete joke with the percentage. 3% more accuracy, whoop de do. I'm sure people will say if you fire 1,000,000 shots and normally miss half of them, you'll gain 30,000 more rounds on target but it still seems like pissing in the wind to me. I would bet good money the best player in the world could beat anyone without a bulletin installed. Having bitched about that, they are better than nothing, so I've begrudgingly installed them.

about the bulletins, yes most are shit, but there are for example some nice 10% faster vet bulletins and that is something useful imo. in your case maybe the 10% faster vet on mgs xD

gl in your future skirmishes!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight