Login

russian armor

New units for the new commanders

3 Jan 2019, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2019, 04:53 AMgbem
This would be soo OP it would be stupid

You misinterpret, I mean it should have 5 levels of veterancy rather than Ostheer's 3 levels but not spawn with veterancy obviously. Just a stock (vet 0) late war Tiger that has some upgrades over Ostheer's Tiger and vet 5 potential, no Ace.
3 Jan 2019, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2019, 05:22 AMgbem

The normal tiger ace is pretty damn strong as it is so long as its use as a shock weapon is valued... a VET 5 TIGER ACE might aswell be an okw i win button

That wasn't my point. The actual Tiger-Ace is lika a normal Tiger if it has 5Vet. Some mome hp and more sight.
3 Jan 2019, 13:22 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

When u are sill looking for some weapons:
- 12cm Granatwerfer 42 -> It is the german copy of the famous soviet 120mm heavy mortar.
- 3,7cm Pak 36 and/or 4,2cm Pak 41 (konisch) -> A reskinned soviet 45mm at gun could do the job.

Could be solide weapons for a german commander, or ^_^
3 Jan 2019, 13:40 PM

Since we're talking about copied equipment, what about captured one?
Soviets used even captured king tigers, but I'd settle with a simple panther and 222. Maybe of one faction heroes will have them used against them in correct way they'll learn to appreciate them :snfPeter:
(no seriously, I'd like to experiment with captured tanks use with maybe different vet so base is the same, but scalability plays to the faction it'd be in.
3 Jan 2019, 15:38 PM

Soviets used even captured king tigers, but I'd settle with a simple panther and 222. Maybe of one faction heroes will have them used against them in correct way they'll learn to appreciate them :snfPeter:
(no seriously, I'd like to experiment with captured tanks use with maybe different vet so base is the same, but scalability plays to the faction it'd be in.

A captured KV2/KV1 for for Wehrmacht would be nice or a grenadier squad with ppshs.
3 Jan 2019, 16:36 PM

When u are sill looking for some weapons:
- 12cm Granatwerfer 42 -> It is the german copy of the famous soviet 120mm heavy mortar.
- 3,7cm Pak 36 and/or 4,2cm Pak 41 (konisch) -> A reskinned soviet 45mm at gun could do the job.

Could be solide weapons for a german commander, or ^_^

It isn't possible to make skins for PaKs I think. ://

The only logical captured tanks would be allii vehicles for Germans, because of numbers. Beside Maybe MP40 and Faust for Soviets Partisans instead of PPsh and AT-grenade.

T34/76 with extra armor would be a great thing. (When Osttruppen-Commander was redesigned I was for a T34 instead of the air-drop)
3 Jan 2019, 17:29 PM

I'm also against captured equipment to avoid mirror-match situations. PPSh for Ostheer would be about as far as I'd want it to go, because that was very common.
3 Jan 2019, 17:30 PM

12 men Conscripts squad, but the additional six are unarmed, so DPS is the same, but survavilability doubled

If you have seen Enemy at The Gates or played CoD1, you know the drill
ukfukfsovietssovietssovietssoviets"The man with the rifle shoots! The one with ammo goes with him. And once they kill the one with the rifle, the one with ammo picks it up and shoots!"ukfukfsovietssovietssovietssoviets
3 Jan 2019, 19:11 PM

12 men Conscripts squad, but the additional six are unarmed, so DPS is the same, but survavilability doubled

If you have seen Enemy at The Gates or played CoD1, you know the drill
ukfukfsovietssovietssovietssoviets"The man with the rifle shoots! The one with ammo goes with him. And once they kill the one with the rifle, the one with ammo picks it up and shoots!"ukfukfsovietssovietssovietssoviets

Just stop, I'm already sick of it. There is not a single documentary confirmation that the USSR had soldiers without weapons. Yes, during the formation of the People's Militia, all available weapons were used, but it was armed. In the report on the interrogation of the Soviet Sergeant - a training instructor who prepared the Leningrad militia - they were well armed and dressed in uniforms. Tula militiamen who came from the factory workers used SVT-40s which they produced.
3 Jan 2019, 20:11 PM

Just stop, I'm already sick of it. There is not a single documentary confirmation that the USSR had soldiers without weapons. Yes, during the formation of the People's Militia, all available weapons were used, but it was armed. In the report on the interrogation of the Soviet Sergeant - a training instructor who prepared the Leningrad militia - they were well armed and dressed in uniforms. Tula militiamen who came from the factory workers used SVT-40s which they produced.

There is no documentation of many things, but that dont mean it wouldnt make a fun thing/ability in the game
3 Jan 2019, 22:54 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Multiple offtopic posts invised.

This thread is about new units for the upcoming commanders, not Soviet portrayal accuracy. If you'd like to discuss that, I suggest a new thread.
4 Jan 2019, 01:28 AM

Zook rangers like in COH1! bring back veteran riflemen! add recoil-less rifles for paratroopers!

Lower greyhound CP cost to 3-4!

4 Jan 2019, 03:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

We've talked about adding captured equipment units and no one has suggested this yet? Tobis is displeased with us all.

4 Jan 2019, 03:36 AM

STG for Rifleman!

Seriously, a new USF Doc with Infrared STG-44 Cavalry Riflemen will be interesting. And we already have them in campaign.
4 Jan 2019, 05:40 AM

You misinterpret, I mean it should have 5 levels of veterancy rather than Ostheer's 3 levels but not spawn with veterancy obviously. Just a stock (vet 0) late war Tiger that has some upgrades over Ostheer's Tiger and vet 5 potential, no Ace.

Actually i think a doctrinal tiger is a good replacement for the cancerpanther... might be a good idea for a swappie
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★