Login

russian armor

About upcoming new commanders

2 Jan 2019, 10:23 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

All this talks about upcoming new commanders push me to this question: Do Red Army and Ostheer need new commanders? They have over 20 commanders each, and several of them really blank and non-popular or have better counterparts.

During last revamp, these factions, in fact, got new commanders - NKVD and Infantry doctrine. Both got new abilities and looks mainly unique, like it should be. And that's why i am thinking about upcoming new commanders. No doubts, western factions have less number of commanders (8 for each), and new commanders would be appreciated for them.

But, what if eastern factions, instead of one more commander, will get one more revamped commander in the same way, as last revamp was? I would like to get some opinions about it.
2 Jan 2019, 11:01 AM

All this talks about upcoming new commanders push me to this question: Do Red Army and Ostheer need new commanders? They have over 20 commanders each, and several of them really blank and non-popular or have better counterparts.

During last revamp, these factions, in fact, got new commanders - NKVD and Infantry doctrine. Both got new abilities and looks mainly unique, like it should be. And that's why i am thinking about upcoming new commanders. No doubts, western factions have less number of commanders (8 for each), and new commanders would be appreciated for them.

But, what if eastern factions, instead of one more commander, will get one more revamped commander in the same way, as last revamp was? I would like to get some opinions about it.

+ 1
I think a further revamp instead of a complete new commander would make a lot of sense for obvious reasons. Both factions have some commanders with interesting themes (Wehrmacht's storm doctrine for example) which could be really good with a revamp
The only problem i see with this idea is that Andy / Relic already promised that EVERY faction would get a new commander. But if the community would back up your idea it wouldn't be a problem i guess.

2 Jan 2019, 11:06 AM

If you revamp Commander X into Commander Y, you're left with Commander Y.
If you make Commander Y as a new commander, you've got both Commander X and Commander Y.

The only way I see a revamp being better than a new commander is if you want to get rid of the original commander.
2 Jan 2019, 11:40 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 11:06 AMLago

If you revamp Commander X into Commander Y, you're left with Commander Y.
If you make Commander Y as a new commander, you've got both Commander X and Commander Y.

The only way I see a revamp being better than a new commander is if you want to get rid of the original commander.

Ok, what the poing to have Anti-Infantry Tactics? This commander have zero unique stuff and have counterparts as Terror Tactics and Shock Rifle Frontline or even Counterattack with better synergy.
Or what about german Festung Armor Doctrine?

I am not saying they are bad, but they are outshadowed by other doctrines. What the reason to make a new commander and leave these unclaimed commanders. And again, Red Army and Ostheer have over 20 commanders each, what the reason to make this list even bigger, if not all commanders are used by players?
2 Jan 2019, 11:48 AM

This makes sense if they revamp 2 commanders instead of adding 1 new one in my opinion.

Regardless it's whatever to me as long as there is new stuff added.
2 Jan 2019, 11:57 AM

On the issue of commander imo one should start by removing OP combinations like Elephant/reckon plane/stuka dive bomb.

Commanders should either have Super heavies/premium mediums or powerful off map not both.

Commanders should either have Super heavies/premium mediums or weapons upgrades not both.

That would make increase the number of commander in the meta allot more than revamping a single commander.
2 Jan 2019, 12:28 PM

This makes sense if they revamp 2 commanders instead of adding 1 new one in my opinion.

Regardless it's whatever to me as long as there is new stuff added.

Giving Soviets / Wehrmacht 2 additional revamp commanders and designing 1 new commander for the other factions would be the dream scenario.
2 Jan 2019, 12:55 PM

Ok, what the poing to have Anti-Infantry Tactics? This commander have zero unique stuff and have counterparts as Terror Tactics and Shock Rifle Frontline or even Counterattack with better synergy.
Or what about german Festung Armor Doctrine?

I am not saying they are bad, but they are outshadowed by other doctrines. What the reason to make a new commander and leave these unclaimed commanders. And again, Red Army and Ostheer have over 20 commanders each, what the reason to make this list even bigger, if not all commanders are used by players?

I'll put it this way. If Relic decided to delete the six least popular OST/SOV commanders, would you be in favour of that?
2 Jan 2019, 13:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 12:55 PMLago

I'll put it this way. If Relic decided to delete the six least popular OST/SOV commanders, would you be in favour of that?

No. Imho, it's not the right way to make situation better. The right way - make them more interesting and unique, like it was made with NKVD. It's looks like brand new commander for me after revamp.
2 Jan 2019, 14:36 PM

No. Imho, it's not the right way to make situation better. The right way - make them more interesting and unique, like it was made with NKVD. It's looks like brand new commander for me after revamp.

If you assume no third option is on the table and it's a choice between leave them as is or delete them, which do you go for?
2 Jan 2019, 14:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

+1

NEVER MORE COMMANDER OVERLAP

https://www.coh2.org/topic/11064/commander-overlap-a-serious-problem
2 Jan 2019, 15:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 14:36 PMLago

If you assume no third option is on the table and it's a choice between leave them as is or delete them, which do you go for?

What kind of a question is that? It's not connected with the thread at all. Just say it directly - you disagree with my idea. It's easy. :)
2 Jan 2019, 16:00 PM

Í'll be honest but 1 new commander for OKW/USF/Brit feel the same. They could focus on revamp 2 more commanders per faction and that would be 100x greater than 1 new toy.
Can't speak for OKW or UK but revamp Tactical and Riflemen commanders would do greater than one new I-don't-know commander.
2 Jan 2019, 16:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Its good idea to reavamp vanilla factions commanders, better make them more unique then add just new. But who dont like presents from us :D.
2 Jan 2019, 16:39 PM

What kind of a question is that? It's not connected with the thread at all. Just say it directly - you disagree with my idea. It's easy. :)

I was trying to establish in principle if you think underused commanders should be removed. It's very difficult to get a straight answer out of you on that.

The only difference in practice between your idea and Relic's current plan is in yours an old commander gets removed from the game.
2 Jan 2019, 17:14 PM

i guess they cant sell revamped commanders
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 8
United States 2
South Africa 0
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W