Login

russian armor

The new 2019 commanders will use the OFFENSIVE theme

1 Jan 2019, 13:50 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Atention:

***This is a speculation thread about the new commanders*** :snfQuinn:

According to Capiqua who datamined all the commanders in the last patch files (right Capiqua? ), theres a indication to the new 2019 commanders will be using the OFFENSIVE theme (and a Sherman Commander to US ? ).

There's already abilities for this commanders too. I don't remember to see this commanders in the past in any alpha or closed beta files. So YES, this is a good indication about this.

Capiqua's commanders panel:

Offensive Doctrine: https://www.coh2.org/file/17365/wer-eng.jpg

Offensive Tatics: https://www.coh2.org/file/17367/sov-eng.jpg

Sherman Commander: https://www.coh2.org/file/17369/usf-eng.jpg

source: https://www.coh2.org/topic/15832/tree-army-coh1xcoh2

Theres another indication about this, because RELIC gave tips about that in a blog:

American mortar for the new British doctrine? Possible. Panzer II in the new Wehr doctrine?

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2018/07/03/commander-updates

But Relic gives a hope for the community to choose this new commanders with a community panel:

a community panel will be helping to weigh up the best ideas, test things out, and make necessary changes

So, whats happened to the community panel? The OFFENSIVE theme is already chosen?

GG and Happy new year guys. :sibHyena:
1 Jan 2019, 14:08 PM

Hmmmm, looks like a 250/1 or something to me for the Wehrmacht as well as crew repairs or something and maybe my idea of advanced bunkers being a retreat point and having an a repair station upgrade, no idea.

As far as the Sherman Commander goes it has a weird shield emblem at the middle which reminds me of the All Units mod upgrade of giving tanks additional defense with an HP/Armor boost of some sort.

I mean there is little they can really do with the Sherman unless they introduce the Sherman Jumbo which I don't believe they will.

I am guessing that anything ranging from Sherman variations like the E8, 76(W), 105 and Flame Sherman are possible. Ability wise maybe they'll take ideas from the American Armored Company from CoH with raid tactics, the M8 Greyhound, War Machine and so on.

Edit: Looking at the Ost commander again it looks more and more like the Panzer Elite 250/10 Light AT Halftrack : http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Light_AT_Halftrack

But they did say no new models, maybe they're gonna port over the ones from CoH unless they are already hidden leftovers in the files like the emplacements and stuff, just give it a fresh coat of paint and voila.
1 Jan 2019, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2019, 13:50 PMnigo
Attention:

So, whats happened to the community panel? The OFFENSIVE theme is already chosen?
GG and Happy new year guys. :sibHyena:

Well, you should include the whole quote:

"Our second update should be super cool. Each faction in the game will be receiving a brand new commander! In a nutshell, community members will be invited to submit ideas, outlining the theme, units and abilities, and how this commander would improve the faction."

IMO that means that the community have to make suggestions for commander themes with concrete ability ideas FIRST and AFTER that the mod team will be helping to weigh up the best ideas, test things out, and make necessary changes

I hope the approach to the new commanders would look like this:
1. Mini patch to fix the issues after the revamp patch. Now the base is set to design the new commanders.
2. The community panel defines the parameters of the new commanders, for example how many cross over abilities or call-ins can be used.
3. Community members can now post their own themes incl. abilities and explain them.
4. The community panel identifies the most convincing ideas, test them and make necessary changes. Commanders can go live after that.
Optional step: The panel identifies the best ideas (2 per factions) and the community can decide via poll about the free commander. Step3 would follow then.

I dont want to go to far ahead but lets assume that the community could decide over 2 different commanders per factions. Would it not be super cool if the most popular commanders would be free for all players and the runner-ups would be made available via DLC?

I would see a win-win-win situation here:
1. Relic keeps his promise and the community get 5 new commanders for free.
2. All players who want to use the runner-ups can buy them via DLC
3. Relic earns additional money.

The only ones who had reason to complain would be the members of the community panel because they had to test 10 instead of 5 commanders:). But hey, sacrifices have to be made in war!:)

1 Jan 2019, 14:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I dont believe im stepping out of line whatsoever by simply coming out and saying that absolutely NOTHING about the new commanders has been decided yet. Im flattered that you think those of us on the "community panel" could have worked fast enough so as to have implemented the patch we did AND planned the new commanders already, but we're not quite THAT good.

After this holiday season closes (so soon? TM), I imagine we'll be looking to officially gauge feedback on the patch (you know, the stuff that didnt start fires at the relic office and incite riots across the world, requiring hotfixes) and make the necessary fixes. Im sure we all already know a few units that are probably getting changed.

Once this patch is (by most standards) balanced/fixed, planning will start on the new commanders, and an ideas/planning thread will be posted on public forums (no reason to do it that much differently than the revamps, in my opinion).

Again, Im not Andy, so what I said in this post about future proceedings isnt certain, its just my understanding about how things are going to go (though, again, that does mean that the part about nothing about the new commanders being decided is true).

Finally, thank you to everyone who gave ideas for the revamp commanders and USF teching, tested these new features, and gave feedback in the forums. I hope we can create some great commanders in the new year together! :)

Edit: changed true to not true; cant believe i forgot the not :/

Edit edit: removed the "not" because I realized I had it correct the first time... im going to stop editing even if that means the grammar will be poor...
1 Jan 2019, 14:35 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Well, you should include the whole quote

Dont worry, I will make a thread SOON™ about the community panel. The focus in this thread is the THEME about the new 2019 commanders.
1 Jan 2019, 14:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Im flattered that you think those of us on the "community panel" could have worked fast enough so as to have implemented the patch we did AND planned the new commanders already, but we're not quite THAT good.

Please dont go on defensive. Im not against you, your friends or your hard work. :)

In the end, Im asking in general about RELIC`s TRANSPARENCY.

So the speculation about 2019 new commanders is about RELIC`s TRANSPARENCY, not modders hard work.

Lets focus on the 2019 COMMANDERS theme, not Relic procedures.

1 Jan 2019, 19:04 PM

Offensive themed?
Prepare for CavRifles in another USF Commander.

PD: Also that Sherman Icon looks like a "Command Tank" to me.
1 Jan 2019, 19:20 PM

Offensive themed?
Prepare for CavRifles in another USF Commander.

PD: Also that Sherman Icon looks like a "Command Tank" to me.

Why cav rifles?
Might just as well be rangers or 2nd pershing.
1 Jan 2019, 20:11 PM

Love the artstyle on those, some of the old ones (mainly ost and sov) are so generic and boring, could really use a facelift. The new ones looks terrific though
1 Jan 2019, 20:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

How about we just keep posting in the new commander suggestion thread instead of making a completely speculative one?

and remember that " Both of these updates will revolve around units and abilities already in the game (either multi player or single player)"
1 Jan 2019, 21:04 PM

Why cav rifles?
Might just as well be rangers or 2nd pershing.

I like them!

I don't think we are gonna see Pershing in another Commander, if Armor didn't got it in it's rework, we'll see though.
1 Jan 2019, 21:26 PM

Panzer III Ausf. M for Wehr and I'll come on my keyboard.
1 Jan 2019, 21:39 PM

I wonder if it's possible (technically) to add the Jagdpanther to the game, with same look and sound files like in vCoH and copy paste of the King Tiger voicelines
1 Jan 2019, 23:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post for excess flame
2 Jan 2019, 01:31 AM

I wonder if it's possible (technically) to add the Jagdpanther to the game, with same look and sound files like in vCoH and copy paste of the King Tiger voicelines

If not Relic allows us to use stuff of CoH1 and put this blueprints etc. into the code this will not happen. It would be possible, back in time there were more old material in the tools available.

But, we can use the things we still have and make something new out of it. Like:
-Hetzer AT-Version
-M45 Quadmount emplacement (any emplacement, spawning a M5-FlaK with invisible vehicle)
-Pantherturm (normal Bunker, spawning stationary Panther only turret is visible so we get an build-animation)
-dreagon-teeth
-old CoH1 trench
-unused vehicle versions like T34/76 with extra armor or 251 with netting.
-etc.

2 Jan 2019, 04:52 AM

Can we have a Soviet commander with Shock troopers and T34/85?

I didn't remembered we have such a combination.
2 Jan 2019, 05:40 AM
Senior Caster Badge

i think new commanders will be offensife. So we can tell people "i'm offended" and then game is won
2 Jan 2019, 06:23 AM

For usf it will be another e8 commander i guess because then we can rework rifle company a little bit, but my dream is to get another priest commander for usf
2 Jan 2019, 06:59 AM

Well in that regard I would like to say that the tiger ace commander need some tweaks like it the tiger ace is a very powerful tank no dought but the thing is if it gets killed you can't recall another and that also fine and calling it put penalties on manpower and fuel that is fine but my point is if the penalties can be time bound like after calling tiger ace you have those penalties applied for next 10 min or 15 min and after that it backs to normal and increase the cost of the call like 1000mp for 200fuel. What do you guys think about this change? Cause tiger ace can't be called at the 10th min from the start of a match and a match may be last for 30 to 40 min or longer so I think this will give tiger ace a very good offensive commander role or else it's the last thing anyone will use to save a match.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★