Login

russian armor

OKW overhaul discussion

PAGES (8)down
6 Jan 2019, 14:41 PM

A Volksgrenadiers makeover would be a very significant change and quite frankly does not belong in this discussion. If anything that's the next step after this overhaul.
6 Jan 2019, 15:46 PM

As viper said stuka zu fuss should be replaced by wermaht mortar halftruck i like this idea and i think we should make stuka doctrinal. With 2 idirect fire like leig and mortar ht okw will be on good place and i guess this kind of change will fix arty fest in 4vs4 mode. If u ask me all faction should have locked rocket arty in commander or maybe only vanila factions should have access to non doctrinal rocket arty. Because right now maps like red ball express are hell each axis player make one rocket arty bullshit.
6 Jan 2019, 16:43 PM

Well as I said before, this thread is not about replacing or completely changing units but rather is meant to work with what we currently have and just do some minor adjustments to make the faction more fun for everyone involved.

The only way I see any changes to the core of the faction getting accepted by Relic at this point is with a minor overhaul like the recent USF tech overhaul.
6 Jan 2019, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2019, 13:28 PMVipper

And it a far better design upgrade. It can simply be replaced with WP shell for puma or something else.

It is a worthless upgrade.

A single shock troop squad can stomp 2 MP40 volks squad (unsicentific test using cheat mod) and walk out with 1 model left.

Rangers and double bar rifles I imagine can do the same. All it does is convert volks into a worthless squad at all ranges.
6 Jan 2019, 23:28 PM

It is a worthless upgrade.

A single shock troop squad can stomp 2 MP40 volks squad (unsicentific test using cheat mod) and walk out with 1 model left.

Rangers and double bar rifles I imagine can do the same. All it does is convert volks into a worthless squad at all ranges.

I said it better designed not that it in the right spot. And shocks are op...
7 Jan 2019, 05:54 AM

Shocks op? Nah... assault engies prolly but not shocks... you actually pay alot for their effectiveness
10 Jan 2019, 14:44 PM

Added another suggestion - Sturmpioneer anti-building demo charge - to the list, to give OKW a chance to fight FHQs in team games as they currently stand little to no chance to counter those.

9. Sturmpioneer timed anti-building demolition charge
OKW has no real anti-garrisson (as in demolishing them) tools. There are some units/abilities that can be used to some effect but they either take a long time (ISG), a lot of resources (4-5 Volks flame nades), or both (Stuka or doctrinal SP Flamers). This means OKW is especially defenseless against FHQs in team games.
  • Ability "Anti-building demolition charge" added to Sturmpioneers.
  • Costs 80 munitions.
  • Only damages buildings.
  • If not possible: has a 10 second timer so demo can not be used against enemy units.

Thoughts by others?
10 Jan 2019, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Added another suggestion - Sturmpioneer anti-building demo charge - to the list, to give OKW a chance to fight FHQs in team games as they currently stand little to no chance to counter those.

So buff sturms even further by giving them even more utility even though theyre already concentrated cancer that beat mainline infantry
10 Jan 2019, 15:00 PM

Walking stuka levels buildings fast.
10 Jan 2019, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2019, 15:00 PMKatitof

No it doesn't, it can take up to 3-4 strikes to kill the larger stone buildings. And the 100 fuel for the Stuka is hard to get anyway when there are FHQs blocking the fuel sector(s).
10 Jan 2019, 15:26 PM

A few patches ago maybe, they arent really that good for demolishing buildings any more.
10 Jan 2019, 16:10 PM

Walking Stuka is terrible against buildings, because its barrage ends so fast that UKF don't need worry about their engineers while repairing it. That's why LeFH is so popular against sim cities, its barrage last a long time.
10 Jan 2019, 20:10 PM

Litterally the worst anti building rocket arty in game and the only one to need at least 3 barrages to kill stone buildings since the nerf to rocket damage but ok
11 Jan 2019, 00:43 AM

So buff sturms even further by giving them even more utility even though theyre already concentrated cancer that beat mainline infantry

Triggered much?

The suggestion is on point rather than your complaints. Even though srurm dont need more buffs its a good idea
11 Jan 2019, 03:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's not do that here, or the shoutbox.

You want to argue with each other like that, use the PM system.

Keep it civil.
11 Jan 2019, 04:39 AM

Actually rocket arty in general isnt the best tool for anti building... if you wanna take out structures use howitzers... otherwise the stuka is the best at the single role of building destruction
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS