Login

russian armor

Penals Versus Volks Micro Tactics

31 Dec 2018, 22:35 PM

Since taking on some of DevM's micro advice I'm being fairly successful with all factions except Soviet, where I'm getting repeatedly trashed by OKW.

I know the rough build order, but what are the micro tactics that make Soviet T1 shine against OKW? How do you set up the engagements well?
31 Dec 2018, 23:25 PM

Bumrush the volks and Sturmpio with a flamer m3 scout car as long as they dont have panzerfaust yet. Drive into them with 0 respect to push them out of cover.

Well and with penals it's a matter of knowing when you must use them carefully (cover engagement) and when aggressively.

There is no basic formula apart from: if there's a sturm or upgraded volks, it's suggested to use them carefully... if not or if the m3 charges in as well, then aggressively
31 Dec 2018, 23:25 PM

The first thing to make sure you do is not get your first penal into a bad fight, wait for the 2nd one before you do anything silly.

The second thing you need to keep in mind is that the best distance to fight with penals against volks is 6 (a sandbag has length 5), do not get up to their face if you dont need to take cover from some other squad or to try to leave some red cover, since if just 2 squads are fighting the cover dont apply (minimum cover range of 10).

The third thing i would recommend is making the scout car, which need to be used to either hunt for the Kubel if they built one, otherwise try to force a retreat on their sturms, but beware of mines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★