Login

russian armor

Rifle Company Ability Rework

30 Dec 2018, 09:41 AM

Since everything is getting reworked eventually (hopefully), I thought I'd jot some ideas down.
No particular order, just chime in on what you think.

1. CQB Rifleman package
Gives rifles M1 Carbines and satchel charges (from Ardennes Assault). Would probably be 0 CP and locked behind any officer unlock. Takes up one weapon slot. Satchels copypasta from Penals and share a cooldown with frag grenades.

2. White Phosphorous Munitions.
Mortar can launch copypasta M21 WP barrage. 0CP locked behind first officer unlock. Sherman gets WP shell like the Comet?

3. Rifle defensive package. You know it, you love it. Sandbags, mines, fighting positions. Kind of odd it wasn't in RIFLE Company to begin with.

4. Rework fire up to be a normal sprint. Inflate the muni cost if you have to, but paying for a short sprint with a slowdown effect is stupid.

5. Riflemen Veteran Sergeants
One model swaps his Garand for a Thompson and gains better defensive stats like a mini officer model. Squad loses one weapon slot. Upgraded squads benefit from increased XP gain. Requires first officer tech.

I think E8 has no place in this doctrine. It doesn't fit thematically whatsoever with something that's supposed to buff riflemen. Offmap WP is also unnecessary given WP for mortars and maybe Shermans.
RE's getting flamers is also kind of pointless given WP mortar shells.

In the end this would be a fairly strong doc imo simply because of the options afforded the riflemen. With the USF tech revamp, I have a much better feeling about playing with the tools given in the base tech tree without relying on ludicrous amounts of callin units.

That's of course just my opinion. What's yours?
30 Dec 2018, 11:17 AM

I agree with most of this, just:

4) I´d rather remove the cost, but keep the after-penalty as it´s an interesting "think ahead" mechanic (of course remove the effect upon retreat, in fact no movement slow down should ever be applied to any retreating inf.)
30 Dec 2018, 11:17 AM

Really solid ideas, but I would want the E8 to stay in the game cuz it's a really good unit imo, especially if they would revert the moving scatter nerf from last year.

If fusing 1 & 5 together so there's room for E8 is no Option, then I would swap it with the 76mm sherman from mech doc cuz this unit is still damn pointless to me
30 Dec 2018, 11:23 AM

i wanted to see more suggestions but myin was E8 to stay i really liked the shell WP on mortar and shermans but removing E8 is bad
30 Dec 2018, 11:28 AM

Really solid ideas, but I would want the E8 to stay in the game cuz it's a really good unit imo, especially if they would revert the moving scatter nerf from last year.

If fusing 1 & 5 together so there's room for E8 is no Option, then I would swap it with the 76mm sherman from mech doc cuz this unit is still damn pointless to me

The "scatter nerf" should not be removed, E8 was the exception not having any probably due to oversight.
30 Dec 2018, 12:11 PM

Actually i would like to see the "Fire up" ability getting a buff. And what i mean by saying buff? Give immunity to suppression for the duration. After the ability is over, the unit gets increased received accuracy for 3-4 seconds and a 8 second movement penalty. Similar to CoH1
30 Dec 2018, 16:22 PM

So how can we see ez8?

ez8 and 76mm sherman have different stat

4 and 5 can be merge i think(veteran sergent ability skill)

or replace mecahnized company 76mmm sherman to ez8

30 Dec 2018, 16:30 PM
Donator 11

I think you could throw the ez8 into the CP 0 ability as its just built out of t4 anyhow. Would be nice to have solid building clears lol.

Rest of it seems fine and has decent trade offs and flavor.
30 Dec 2018, 16:52 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Rifle Company 2019:

0. Rifleman Field Defenses

1. Rifleman Training - Combine "Fire UP + Forward Observers + Rifle Flares + Rifles Smokes"

3. Cavalry Rifleman - Call-in the Cavalry Rifleman

3. USF Defense Post - Riflemans and RE can build the USF Defense Post. This Defense post can be upgrad to Machine Gun Emplacement or Medical Stations (like the CoH1 Medical Station).

11. Rifleman Reserves - Call-in Easy8 + 2 veterans Rifles squads with flammes (bit OP, but necessary for late game. Maybe only 3 models in this Rifles call-in instead 5 models)

30 Dec 2018, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 16:52 PMnigo
Rifle Company 2019:

1. Rifleman Training - Combine "Fire UP + Forward Observers + Rifle Flares"

3. USF Defense Post - Riflemans and RE can build the USF Defense Post from base. Maybe can upgrade this posts to Medical Stations (like CoH1 Medical Station)

11. Rifleman Reserves - Call-in Easy8 + 2 veterans Rifles squads with flammes (bit OP, but necessary for late game. Maybe only 3 models in this Rifles call-in instead 5 models)

Good changes but it makes E8 way too hard to get for what it can do
30 Dec 2018, 17:05 PM

The problem with bundles is you rarely need everything, and having unnecessary squads kills you in this game.

That's why they changed Recon's 800 MP double Airbourne bundle.
30 Dec 2018, 19:52 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, a lot of E8 fans around here it seems. :D

If something gets bundled I have no issue with it staying, but it needs some kind of adjustment imo. The 76mm in mech handily outperforms it.
30 Dec 2018, 22:11 PM

I actually really love all these ideas. Very cool and unique IMO and definitely able to be balanced.

I agree with most of this, just:

4) I´d rather remove the cost, but keep the after-penalty as it´s an interesting "think ahead" mechanic (of course remove the effect upon retreat, in fact no movement slow down should ever be applied to any retreating inf.)

Just removing the penalty on retreat would do wonders for the ability. I'd still honestly just rather see it as a normal sprint though. There's no reason it should have a debuff since it isn't better than normal sprints in any way.
30 Dec 2018, 22:35 PM

A straight "no" for making normal mortars fire WP.

There are locked behind Pack Howitzers and mortar halftrack so they cant just be spammed by every unit. Otherwise I would like to see Ost Mortars getting incendiary rounds by default too.

Everything else looks good though.
31 Dec 2018, 00:17 AM

A straight "no" for making normal mortars fire WP.

There are locked behind Pack Howitzers and mortar halftrack so they cant just be spammed by every unit. Otherwise I would like to see Ost Mortars getting incendiary rounds by default too.

Everything else looks good though.

Feursturm (incendiary leigs) is a thing. I think it'd probably be fine as long as it cost some muni.
31 Dec 2018, 01:26 AM

Feursturm (incendiary leigs) is a thing. I think it'd probably be fine as long as it cost some muni.

LeIGs cost much more than 240mp, is locked in T1 rather than available right of the bat, and is in a commander that is a "meme" rather than something of actual value.

WP is absurdly powerful when used correctly and I do not see a reason why it should be available outside of the pack howitzer, and the mortar halftrack.

31 Dec 2018, 01:47 AM

I pass, no more reworks on USF please...
31 Dec 2018, 03:04 AM

LeIGs cost much more than 240mp, is locked in T1 rather than available right of the bat, and is in a commander that is a "meme" rather than something of actual value.

WP is absurdly powerful when used correctly and I do not see a reason why it should be available outside of the pack howitzer, and the mortar halftrack.

Cost 270 as opposed to 240? Cost difference equivalent to 1 gren model is “way more”? And if you lock the rounds behind 3-4 cap it still comes much later than t1 anyway, making that part a moot point. USF mortar is also garbage compared to leig, and usf still has more trouble clearing garrisons than any other faction except maybe brits.

I don’t see any inherent significant problem with WP, as long as it can’t kill models (as none of it can), especially in barrage form. The fact that you can’t walk through it yourself for obvious reasons means that it’s not a no brainer for wiping or anything and still takes good strategy to pull off kills with it. Obers even have the same thing in grenade form, and can even follow that up with a bundled nade too.
31 Dec 2018, 21:16 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Update:

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 16:52 PMnigo
Rifle Company 2019 2.0:

1. Rifleman Training - Combine "Fire UP + Forward Observers + Rifle Flares"

3. USF Defense Post - Riflemans and RE can build the USF Defense Post. This Defense post can be upgrade to the Machine Gun Emplacement (same from the USF base - .50cal) or the Medical Stations (like the CoH1 Medical Station). After the upgrade you can use the ability "MAN TO THE DEFENSES" - bonus to all infantry in green cover in the area (from AA campaign).

My idea to this commander is mantain the original ideas from Relic (like the veteran rifles, E8 and flamme rifles) and give more utility to the Riflemans for all game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★