Login

russian armor

Replace Tiger Ace with King Tiger for elite troops?

Swap Tiger Ace for King Tiger in Elite Troops
Option Distribution Votes
63%
38%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Dec 2018, 22:48 PM

I was thinking that since the Tiger Ace is such a liability, replacing it with the King Tiger might be a good Idea.
The manpower and fuel drain mechanics really disincentives the use and all round utility of this unit at it's Cp cost.
In my opinion it is also a uncreative unit. It is just a vet 3 tiger with a in my opinion out of place looking camo scheme. It doesn't really stand out especially with the current trend of commanders getting new one of a kind units/abilities.
So the loss of the current Tiger Ace Would not cause me that much sadness as nothing is really lost.
Since lately it seems that swapping units between OST (Puma) and OKW(221) is done to give commanders unique players this should make the King Tiger not feel out of place in the faction. The unit is already balanced for cost and could still serve the Tiger Ace's purpose at 17CP as last ditch push unit in a late war themed OST commander.
I hope I explained my idea adequately and I would like to you guys opinion on it.
24 Dec 2018, 23:23 PM

Ironic that they did the same thing in CoH.

It makes sense and I agree with it.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a command tiger if I'm honest even tho a lot of people are against it for some reason, most often excuse I read was that they should fix the other command tanks first or something like that.
25 Dec 2018, 09:23 AM

But I wouldn't mind seeing a command tiger if I'm honest even tho a lot of people are against it for some reason, most often excuse I read was that they should fix the other command tanks first or something like that.

What is wrong with the current command tanks? they do their job dont they?
25 Dec 2018, 12:04 PM

Where would the tiger ace go?
25 Dec 2018, 12:09 PM

Or just give the Tiger Ace the same stats like the Kingtiger
25 Dec 2018, 12:16 PM

Where would the tiger ace go?

In a skip.
25 Dec 2018, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2018, 12:16 PMLago

In a skip.

Exactly, it's a uncreative and out of place looking unit.
To my understanding its a normal tiger at vet 3 with a ugly camo skin.
25 Dec 2018, 13:58 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I like this idea. A command tiger would be pretty awesome. Probably have to lower the CP cost on it though.
25 Dec 2018, 14:44 PM

What is wrong with the current command tanks? they do their job dont they?

Idk, ask the people who are complaining about it, not me.

I also suggested a Command King Tiger I think somewhere but that also got shot down.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2018, 13:58 PMTric

I like this idea. A command tiger would be pretty awesome. Probably have to lower the CP cost on it though.

Yeah what I imagine is something like the British Designate Command vehicle, standard Tiger but with lower accuracy and slower fire rate because of the "increased amount of radios inside the tank" so to speak.

You know, stick some antennas and maps on it to make it seem more like a "Command Tank" and also a Commander of course.
25 Dec 2018, 17:17 PM

I'm all for a KT for Ost. I might want to add that this all would have to include getting rid of the ressource penalty. That is broken game design. Being punished for keeping a unit alife isn't what this game is about.
25 Dec 2018, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2018, 17:17 PMButcher
I'm all for a KT for Ost. I might want to add that this all would have to include getting rid of the ressource penalty. That is broken game design. Being punished for keeping a unit alife isn't what this game is about.

This exactly what I meant with bad design.
So in conclusion I propose

-Swap Tiger Ace for King Tiger
-Remove call in recourse penalty
-Remove the one time call in restriction
-retain King Tiger manpower and fuel cost
-Move from 17CP to 13CP like all the other heavy tanks

It seems most people agree that this is a good idea.
What is the best way to get this to the people doing the rebalancing for testing?
26 Dec 2018, 06:19 AM

What is the best way to get this to the people doing the rebalancing for testing?

Well I don't know about getting it to the modding teams attention, but I went ahead and made a mod of it going by your suggestion word by word. Hopefully, people will subscribe to it and give their thoughts. Enough people support the idea by playing the mod, then maybe the team will catch wind of it.

Speaking of, here's the link to it: Elite Troops Doctrine: King Tiger

I tried it myself, felt pretty good to call in a KT as opposed to the normal vanilla Tiger. But I'm just a comp stomper, so I have no idea how it would play out vs a real opponent.
26 Dec 2018, 13:48 PM

Well I don't know about getting it to the modding teams attention, but I went ahead and made a mod of it going by your suggestion word by word. Hopefully, people will subscribe to it and give their thoughts. Enough people support the idea by playing the mod, then maybe the team will catch wind of it.

I tried it myself, felt pretty good to call in a KT as opposed to the normal vanilla Tiger. But I'm just a comp stomper, so I have no idea how it would play out vs a real opponent.

Thank you for taking the time to make this mod.
I tried it against a friend and we both agree it's an improvement.
26 Dec 2018, 23:52 PM

Yeah, the Tiger Ace looks ugly as fuck. All I'd would say to change give it a cool navy green camo or a battle-scarred one.
27 Dec 2018, 12:29 PM

I hate the Tiger Ace's skin.
I know it's a tiger skin (the animal) but why not a dolphin while you're at it? :)

Command tank is a sweet idea, also
27 Dec 2018, 13:15 PM

I hate the Tiger Ace's skin.
I know it's a tiger skin (the animal) but why not a dolphin while you're at it? :)

Command tank is a sweet idea, also

Yes, I also hate Tiger Ace skin. She looks so ugly, if she looked something like this:

it would be cool
27 Dec 2018, 21:07 PM

I think the TIGER ACE was an easy unit to make that gave variety to the game. Just adding vet makes it a whole new unit and is very easy to code.

Swapping it for the KT further normalizes the factions and makes the game more bland.

Just some thoughts. I dont care one way or the other.
27 Dec 2018, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2018, 21:07 PMRosbone
Swapping it for the KT further normalizes the factions and makes the game more bland.

Over-similarity between factions, especially the German ones, is definitely something we should watch out for. However, the Tiger Ace is poorly designed and a replacement is pretty much the only way to solve it. An Ost KT could be differentiated by having a totally different ability/veterancy set.

Very cool, I think this will make the idea more visible and make conversations about the change easier to talk about.

Before trying it, I have a feeling that it comes too early. ~15 would probably be appropriate. An overhaul of abilities and vet bonuses would be good as well.
27 Dec 2018, 23:12 PM

Would be cool if they could replace it with a command porsche tiger 1 or a tiger 1 ausf e. but knowing relic that is never going to happen
28 Dec 2018, 05:48 AM

Stop destroy commander's own concept

What is "elite troop doctrine"?

There is only one thing its called "elite troop", The tiger ace

already USF rifle company had lost its own concept because idiot relic nerf so much and forget it

u guys want to make rifle company MK.2 ?

just decrease Tiger ace resource penalty and give 1 skill to him
(TWP or mark target)

or commander tank buff to tiger ace

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment