Do you want COH 3 ???

Do you want COH 3 ???
Option Distribution Votes
85%
15%
Total votes: 47
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
23 Dec 2018, 23:25 PM

Please respond if you want or not a new COH game.
23 Dec 2018, 23:47 PM

Not if it's got limited modding tools and is again used as a cow to milk for money.

I won't get into how and why CoH is superior and should just be remade and improved because I have been told many times that I'm just looking through some nostalgic glasses which is complete and utter bullshit if you ask me but I guess we're all entitled to our opinions and besides, I'm not here to change any hearts and minds. I'm here to tell the truth.
24 Dec 2018, 00:16 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Why would you not want CoH 3?
24 Dec 2018, 00:53 AM

Honestly, I'd be happy with a crowdfunding to overhaul the COH2 engine so that it scales in performance with modern hardware.
24 Dec 2018, 01:28 AM

I'm here to tell the truth.

Your opinion isn't the truth.
24 Dec 2018, 02:01 AM
Donator 11

Why would you not want CoH 3?

So mad man name GBPirate wouldn't :snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn:
24 Dec 2018, 07:24 AM

Your opinion isn't the truth.

An 11 year old game with about a thousand players daily online and a dedicated modding community begs to differ.

Did CoH2 improve the concept? Sure, but in reality it felt as if they took 1 step forwards and 2 steps back.

The DLC milking, bad campaign and broken Army design proves that.
24 Dec 2018, 14:09 PM

An 11 year old game with about a thousand players daily online and a dedicated modding community begs to differ.

Did CoH2 improve the concept? Sure, but in reality it felt as if they took 1 step forwards and 2 steps back.

The DLC milking, bad campaign and broken Army design proves that.

consider coh1 brits or perma cloak sniper wars or global vet upgrades for wehr inf + tanks (lost your manpower only vet 3 tiger? call in another manpower only vet 3 tiger!)
24 Dec 2018, 15:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Not if it's got limited modding tools and is again used as a cow to milk for money.

I won't get into how and why CoH is superior and should just be remade and improved because I have been told many times that I'm just looking through some nostalgic glasses which is complete and utter bullshit if you ask me but I guess we're all entitled to our opinions and besides, I'm not here to change any hearts and minds. I'm here to tell the truth.

I almost fully agree with this! However, I do think CoH1 should be left alone. Maybe instead of a remake, just sip a big hardware/engine update so the game runs and looks better on modern pc's. For some reason my pc can manage 100 men in CoH2 but not CoH1.

Adding some of my own thoughts, I hope CoH3 doesn't go down the route of the current CoH2 or dawn-of-war state. CoH is first and fore-most Real Time TACTICS. Basically, I want me squad-ai, higher weapon damage, random crits, and most of all, full-modability back. If more multi-player centric players dont want that, dont gut it from the game entirely. Have a toggle between a competitive mode and normal mode, or at the very least, leave it in single-player.
24 Dec 2018, 21:31 PM

consider coh1 brits or perma cloak sniper wars or global vet upgrades for wehr inf + tanks (lost your manpower only vet 3 tiger? call in another manpower only vet 3 tiger!)

1 Army broken out of 4 is stil better than 3 Armies broken out of 5.

Both the Western Front Armies and Brits have went through numberous buffs, nerfs and redesigns, especially the OKW and USF, with the UKF being the biggest offender I think because Relic had a lot of experience and feedback from CoH and they still decided to go with the old bullshit so that's entirely on them, they still managed to fix most of their problems but some still remains and are easily fixable but they refuse to do it, for one reason or another.

Perma cloak sniper wars I cannot comment on as I haven't experienced it that much but as far as the Wehr's vet goes yes, it was a bit gimmicky but they at least tried to make each Army's veterancy system unique compared to CoH2 where only the OKW have 5 vets out of which the last 2 were nerfed in their last redesign or whatever the fuck you wanna call it.

25 Dec 2018, 08:36 AM

I'm very very very glad that relic is still updating coh2 and that there are so many people still playing this game.
I don't want coh3 now.

But in some time maybe :)
25 Dec 2018, 10:28 AM

Every one of us will buy it when it comes out.
25 Dec 2018, 11:40 AM

I want a third game.
Take the good stuff from 1 and 2 and make the best RTS ever.
Easy to say but hard to deliver thou.
But Relic did it once (and a half) they can do it again.
Hope that AOE4 does that too.
25 Dec 2018, 14:29 PM

ww2 is over

stop making ww2 RTS

just make more unit and commander for coh2
25 Dec 2018, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2018, 10:28 AMGrumpy
Every one of us will buy it when it comes out.

I already paid a hundred bucks for the Collector's Edition of this game which was 50% useless so believe me, unless it's on a huge sale I will not be doing so.

Sunk another hundred or so into DLC like commanders on sale and the Army expansions.

I only bought CoH two and a half times and I still got more enjoyment out of it than this game which I believe is saying a lot.

Not to say that I haven't had enjoyable moments in CoH2, I've had many, but how Relic have managed to achieve that is in many ways worse than how they achieved it in CoH.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★