Login

russian armor

USF in 2v2

20 Dec 2018, 17:26 PM

I am getting rekked currently.

Usually, at least one of the opponents is OKW. While we're waiting for the hotfix for the obviously OP JLI, what can I do to hold my own? Assume no Pershing.

Rifles do not trade cost efficiently versus the Volks+JLI combo at any range. 50 cals die after half a burst and the double cloaked raketen means any time my Shermans and Jacksons are not screened by infantry 20 meters in front of them, it is a matter of time till they blow up out of nowhere. Later, Panthers come to mop up any vet0 armor I may have just rebuilt, and Sector Assault has made me religious.

Now I know this is a lot of theorycrafting and I am not saying it is impossible to win. But I am 6 ranks behind with my USF compared to all other armies, so there must be something I am missing.

I'd welcome any advice.
20 Dec 2018, 18:01 PM

USF is just really weak early currently in 2vs2.

Even with the tech revamp to get that officer sooner you are at the mercy of OKW, unless they make a mistake you can capitalize on, as their infantry can hold their own against yours which should be your biggest strength. Best advice I can give you is go Mechanized for the transports, to try to make him bleed too and hopefully get wipes, you'll need to get them or OKW will eventually have enough MP for 2 MGs and 2 Raketens and then you'll be toast.

Jaegers just make it easier for them to keep seal clubbing you, it's fairly easy for them to deny you even the points outside your base, once again Mechanized is your best hope vs OKW Cheese.
Something like Rifle-Rifle-Truck (If you want to use it) into LT+CavRiflemen(.50 caliber if you didn't go truck).
20 Dec 2018, 21:21 PM

Guess you should make a pack howie

Its either gonna bleed them a bit eventually and if he gets a Stuka… well, at least you know what will be targeted

As for doctrine, certainly mechanized, unless u get Trois Ponts/Semoisky/Ettelbruck where u should go Armor
20 Dec 2018, 22:49 PM

Try cheesing Pathfinders into both officers. A large infantry composition is where USF excels.

Open maps try utilizing light vehicles from LT, M20 + Stuart. Makes it easy to swarm Raketens and spearhead large pushes.
20 Dec 2018, 23:43 PM

I am getting rekked currently.

Usually, at least one of the opponents is OKW. While we're waiting for the hotfix for the obviously OP JLI, what can I do to hold my own? Assume no Pershing.

Rifles do not trade cost efficiently versus the Volks+JLI combo at any range. 50 cals die after half a burst and the double cloaked raketen means any time my Shermans and Jacksons are not screened by infantry 20 meters in front of them, it is a matter of time till they blow up out of nowhere. Later, Panthers come to mop up any vet0 armor I may have just rebuilt, and Sector Assault has made me religious.

Now I know this is a lot of theorycrafting and I am not saying it is impossible to win. But I am 6 ranks behind with my USF compared to all other armies, so there must be something I am missing.

I'd welcome any advice.

I´d say you understood the essence of playing USF 2v2 against OKW pretty well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 16
United Kingdom 47
unknown 6
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W