Login

russian armor

Increase light jaegars price

PAGES (18)down
24 Dec 2018, 18:56 PM

If it is a munition snipe then its base performance would need to go up as well? It is only so broken with the 70%+ snipe, not because the rifles are particularly impressive.

Transform them into a light recon team. Camo, sprint, model snipe (what about something like the OST sniper vet round that gives a small stun? No aoe attack tho), maybe decap quicker? They could remain rather cheap if they are not such powerful force multipliers because as is a pair of JLI and a pair of volks is scarier than just 4 volks and is actually better on the munitions... Less powerful apart but devistating together.

Personally I think a price up to 280 is a good start, that and lower the crit slightly, again start with something like 60% and see how those pair of nerfs make them feel. Small steps for fine tuning not sledgehammer nerfs to remove the unit from the game
24 Dec 2018, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 18:27 PMTobis
The snipe is the only thing they have going for them, otherwise they are grenadiers with more RA and a bunch of abilities that are split between ost commanders.

Price to 280 mp
Make the ambush bonus not work against retreating units

Comparing them to obers is moronic. They are more equivalent to barred riflemen at 280 mp. Making them 280 mp leaves them effective without overnerfing them.

with a 45 muni sniper however the crit is soo insanely powerful it can delete penal squads and IS relatively easily...

as ive tested the sniper when paired with 1 volks can lay waste to 2x penals while the jagers didnt even lose a single man(!!!!).... 250mp + 250mp + 45 muni > 300mp + 300MP... therefore it is only logical to nerf the jagers to 340 mp or even more as 340 + 250 already = 590... which is still cheaper than 2 penals which by the way jagers exterminate
24 Dec 2018, 19:04 PM

But we need to overnerf things otherwise it does not satisfy my anger/ desire for revenge.

/s

6000 MP and CP50 I SAY!!!

waaah i want my overpowered unit to remain overpowered because i need them to win...
24 Dec 2018, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 19:02 PMgbem

with a 45 muni sniper however the crit is soo insanely powerful it can delete penal squads and IS relatively easily...

as ive tested the sniper when paired with 1 volks can lay waste to 2x penals while the jagers didnt even lose a single man(!!!!).... 250mp + 250mp + 45 muni > 300mp + 300MP... therefore it is only logical to nerf the jagers to 340 mp or even more as 340 + 250 already = 590... which is still cheaper than 2 penals which by the way jagers exterminate

340 is too much. They are not worth that without support and don't deserve to be priced as such. 300 would be the ABSOLUTE most they could be priced at. And I feel that is even too much without actually receiving a buff, at which point they would need to be pushed back in timing...
24 Dec 2018, 19:07 PM

340 is too much. They are not worth that without support and don't deserve to be priced as such. 300 would be the ABSOLUTE most they could be priced at. And I feel that is even too much without actually receiving a buff, at which point they would need to be pushed back in timing...

they took out 2x penals when paired with an accompanying volks squad... even at 340mp jager + volks STILL cost less than 2 penals...

if the combo can bully 2x penals like that... then make the combo cost like 2x penals..

tested on cheatmods btw...
24 Dec 2018, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 19:07 PMgbem

they took out 2x penals when paired with an accompanying volks squad... even at 340mp jager + volks STILL cost less than 2 penals...

tested on cheatmods btw...

At 340 you are saying that that squad is individually worth more than a penal squad, than a Sturm squad that it is compatible with guards, shocks and Obers. That is simply not the case. They are over performing, but without another squad to screen or deal the damage to allow the crit they wouldn't hold up at all against those units and shouldn't be considered in the same bracket. They are powerful force multipliers but not a force of their own.

Was you test invoking micro? Because should the penals be microed to focus fire the JLI those 12 models should be able to gun them down pretty quickly
24 Dec 2018, 19:15 PM

At 340 you are saying that that squad is individually worth more than a penal squad, than a Sturm squad that it is compatible with guards, shocks and Obers. That is simply not the case. They are over performing, but without another squad to screen or deal the damage to allow the crit they wouldn't hold up at all against those units and shouldn't be considered in the same bracket. They are powerful force multipliers but not a force of their own.

Was you test invoking micro? Because should the penals be microed to focus fire the JLI those 12 models should be able to gun them down pretty quickly

jli is a sniper squad... the purpose of the volks is a screening force to keep the penals from rushing the JLI in a similar way ost sov or brits use screening infantry for the sniper... but i get your point they need a screening force... but likewise snipers also cost 360 manpower for their performance... however critting much more powerfully than jagers do... by that logic snipers should get a cost reduction... as they dont hold up against obers or shocks and require screens just like JLI do...
24 Dec 2018, 19:32 PM

Transform them into a light recon team. Camo, sprint, model snipe (what about something like the OST sniper vet round that gives a small stun? No aoe attack tho), maybe decap quicker? They could remain rather cheap if they are not such powerful force multipliers because as is a pair of JLI and a pair of volks is scarier than just 4 volks and is actually better on the munitions... Less powerful apart but devistating together.

Personally I think a price up to 280 is a good start, that and lower the crit slightly, again start with something like 60% and see how those pair of nerfs make them feel. Small steps for fine tuning not sledgehammer nerfs to remove the unit from the game

giving them the ability to snipe models obsoletes sov and brit snipers... it would be even more cancerous than it is right now tbh... id say just reduce their crit to I&R pathfinder levels... they have similar levels of utility and survivability anyways...

thats assuming you want to retain the price... otherwise retain the crit and shoot the price up to sniper levels @340
24 Dec 2018, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 19:15 PMgbem

jli is a sniper squad... the purpose of the volks is a screening force to keep the penals from rushing the JLI in a similar way ost sov or brits use screening infantry for the sniper... but i get your point they need a screening force... but likewise snipers also cost 360 manpower for their performance... however critting much more powerfully than jagers do... by that logic snipers should get a cost reduction... as they dont hold up against obers or shocks and require screens just like JLI do...

Snipers are guaranteed kills no matter anything and operate beyond the range of return fire so its less comparable. They need a screening force but that's more for Los than needing something to sofen the enemy up for them. An unsupported JLI is underwhelming but even an unsupported sniper operates as intended. It will always drop a model no matter what it is or what is around.
24 Dec 2018, 19:44 PM

290. They're infiltrating Pathfinders.
24 Dec 2018, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 19:44 PMLago
290. They're infiltrating Pathfinders.

290 sounds good. What were they before? I don't recall
24 Dec 2018, 19:46 PM

They were 300. The patch dropped them to 250, the same as Volks.
24 Dec 2018, 19:48 PM

Snipers are guaranteed kills no matter anything and operate beyond the range of return fire so its less comparable. They need a screening force but that's more for Los than needing something to sofen the enemy up for them. An unsupported JLI is underwhelming but even an unsupported sniper operates as intended. It will always drop a model no matter what it is or what is around.

280 still is a bit too cheap for that though... they are several times combat efficiency of volks scripts etc and come packed with abilities like boobytrap sprint salvage while also having a vet 1 ability like snipers (medkits)... their inferior model sniping abilities is also vastly offset by the 4 man squad and the increased durability... plus its relatively easy for them to hit vet 5 by bleeding troops other OKW units cannot engage directly...

if you maintain the 70% crit the price has to go above 280...

280 with a reduction to 60% crit as you suggested might be better for balance however...
24 Dec 2018, 19:48 PM

290 sounds good. What were they before? I don't recall

Before the revamp?
Infiltrating pathfinders, but with sniper rifle out of the gate.

They got vet0 camo now and sniper rifle pretty much ignores heavy and garrison cover compared to any other weapon.

Oh, they also arrive much sooner then before at 1 CP instead of 2.
They used to cost 300mp as well.
24 Dec 2018, 19:50 PM

ohh yeah forgot to mention that... they used to cost 300mp before the patch... go figure a 300 or above price doesnt sound too crazy for their improved performance now...

-Must buy their sniper rifle for 45 munitions. Requires 1 truck to be deployed.
-Squad cost from 300 to 250.
-Reinforce from 37 to 31
-Reinforce time from 7.5 to 6
-Salvage ability now available; replaced by Thorough Salvage in Scavenge Doctrine.
-Veterancy requirements from 660/1320/2240/3520/4400 to 520/1040/2080/3120/3970
-Camouflage is now available at Veterancy 0
-Now has First-Strike Bonuses; increases accuracy by 50% for 5 seconds.
-JLI G43 Sniper Rifle light and heavy cover accuracy modifiers from 0.5 to 0.9.
-JLI G43 Sniper Rifle garrison accuracy modifiers from 0.5 to 0.9
-Booby traps standardized to the Soviet version; see Soviet Booby Trap above.

with those buffs 340 doesnt sound like a bad idea
24 Dec 2018, 19:53 PM

i say if 70% crit 300 or above...

60% 280...

50% 250...
24 Dec 2018, 19:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 19:53 PMgbem
i say if 70% crit 300 or above...

60% 280...

50% 250...

Bro chill, literally 25/155 posts in this thread are from you.

Stop spamming the same thing over and over in every thread.
24 Dec 2018, 19:55 PM

Yea, so I'd like to see what 280/290mp with a lowered crit feels like. 50/60%

If 50% what about having their vet 1 changed to a targeted snipe? Idk I really like the idea of munitions abilities to improve the skill cap and improve the attractiveness of munitions over fuel as a viable option outside once off perma upgrades.
24 Dec 2018, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 19:04 PMgbem

waaah i want my overpowered unit to remain overpowered because i need them to win...

Hadnt played OKW in a while, playing with shock + for mother russia atm :D

If you are not incapable of reading, you can see I did say "Unit need nerf", but not "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH knee jerk 6cp 380mp nerf into irrelevance Gbem style".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jokes aside, the muni snipe idea sounds interesting, would making it apply a "stun", or a lesser version of the stun effect rather than 1hko model be better though? Reinforces the fact that they are a supporting squad.
24 Dec 2018, 20:00 PM

Hadnt played OKW in a while, playing with shock + for mother russia atm :D

If you are not incapable of reading, you can see I did say "Unit need nerf", but not "knee jerk 6cp 380 mp nerf into irrelevance Gbem style".

340 mp and 6 cp makes them a lategame powerhouse DMR squad... note that even at 340mp they still murder penal quickly and cost efficiently so long as theyre screened by volks...

1 jager + 1 volks > 2 penals...

note that even if it did cost 340 mp the jager + volks combo is still cheaper than 2 penals..
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS