Login

russian armor

I want to know the British bread and butter

17 Dec 2018, 04:58 AM

Well, now that UKF isn't a handicapped faction anymore I wanted to try them

I'm quite lost with how their units work because they got changed quite a lot in the lifespan of the game. So I want to know which role each one (or at least the key ones) fulfil and how they synergize with each other

What do I know:
-tommies have rate of fire bonus when in cover, green the better
-RE used to be a screening unit for the tommies and were quite capable at cqc, but they got nerfed
-Cromwells have a hard time hitting anything
-Emplacements are out of favor, except occassionaly the mortar pit.

Im specially troubled dealing with guarrisons and snipers
17 Dec 2018, 05:05 AM

countering Garrison (early game) Wasp... to counter sniper u either get another sniper ot Vic UC.. mid n late game i have no idea
17 Dec 2018, 05:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It would be usefull to know how to solve sertain situations like
- Countering guarrisons
- Countering snipers

1. Sniper

2. Sniper

Otherwise dip into the commanders for mobile mortar, flamers, and commandos.
17 Dec 2018, 19:18 PM

What about build orders?

Brits have so many buttons to press on their structures

17 Dec 2018, 23:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Against OST I think you go 3x IS (starting one included) into tech.
Vs OKW I personally go 2x vickers into 2nd IS into tech. UC if you like since those are pretty abusive vs OKW as well.

Brits vs OST is pretty funky matchup. They have tools you don't, and if they exploit your weaknesses like being unable to clear garrisons early or with mortars, you'll run into trouble.

OKW is on life support vs brits currently. At least with volks builds, unsure about JLI. They struggle with vickers and well micro'd UCs. No fausts, flame nade takes awhile to come online. You can really put them down in a couple good engagements if you play them correctly.

Mid game is entirely what you make of it. snipers, commandos etc.
20 Dec 2018, 02:46 AM

Against OST I think you go 3x IS (starting one included) into tech.
Vs OKW I personally go 2x vickers into 2nd IS into tech. UC if you like since those are pretty abusive vs OKW as well.

Brits vs OST is pretty funky matchup. They have tools you don't, and if they exploit your weaknesses like being unable to clear garrisons early or with mortars, you'll run into trouble.

OKW is on life support vs brits currently. At least with volks builds, unsure about JLI. They struggle with vickers and well micro'd UCs. No fausts, flame nade takes awhile to come online. You can really put them down in a couple good engagements if you play them correctly.

Mid game is entirely what you make of it. snipers, commandos etc.

Biggest thing to watch out for against okw with that opening is double isg though. Really impossible to deal with unless he goes afk or something, especially once schwerer goes up.
22 Dec 2018, 04:47 AM

How do you deal with valiant assault?
Vickers don't have time to kill or supress and then just rush you down at close quarters and force you out
22 Dec 2018, 05:59 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I really like having at least 3 IS and on open map I almost always go for a UC with vickers against OKW, but they struggle so much with countering it.

If possible I try to make do with an AEC, 1-2 AT guns and a generous portion of mines untill I can afford anvil tactics and a Churchill tank. Sometimes I get a centaur if I'm ahead or my opponent has overinvested in infantry, but I'm not a huge fan of neither the cromwell or firefly.

If you can't handle a push with the valiant assault, just give ground. It costs them 100 munis and only lasts 30 seconds, so it's better to temporary give ground rather than suffering wipes. But yeah, it's a very strong ability.
23 Dec 2018, 04:11 AM

How do you deal with valiant assault?
Vickers don't have time to kill or supress and then just rush you down at close quarters and force you out

Lots and lots of grenades or tanks. I even try to crush them if they're blobbed up (as they tend to be with valiant assault).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • Ostheer flag miragefla
  • Soviets flag -HOI-廖钧
uploaded by miragefla

Board Info

153 users are online: 10 members and 143 guests
Farlon, richarddear, Smartie, Raggs, PMC_Down, CombatWombat, Grim, aerafield, blvckdream, SlayeR_
205 posts in the last 24h
981 posts in the last week
4953 posts in the last month
Registered members: 28127
Welcome our newest member, CarlaoFleming
Most online: 805 users on 28 Oct 2018, 01:04 AM