Login

russian armor

OKW Sector Assault needs to be fixed ASAP

16 Dec 2018, 23:26 PM

So here is the thing with this ability. You click it outside enemy´s base and it will obliterate whatever is inside the base. If your opponent has happened to retreat units at the wrong time everything dies.

Are people not testing stuff like this before it hits live? Just look at this clip and tell me that this is working as intended? I saw the red smoke and circle and retreated and it still killed 62 pop cap worth of army in one strike. I thought COH2 managed to get rid of off-maps into enemy base but no apparently not.

16 Dec 2018, 23:45 PM

Life is tough...
16 Dec 2018, 23:47 PM

No wonder I've started to see OKW actually use this Commander on 2vs2.
16 Dec 2018, 23:50 PM

But, but, but where is your aa?

Wait that was it's first past, wouldn't have done any difference.

Edit: now try 3v3 and 4v4.
ddd
16 Dec 2018, 23:50 PM

I saw it taking out 80% hp pershing with one drop today.
17 Dec 2018, 00:30 AM
Patrion 310

Being used alot in 4v4s, where more than 1 player picks it. You pre build AA, it will help but not stop it.
17 Dec 2018, 00:52 AM

I saw this was a common issue in the mod preview, I thought they were going to change it to area (+surrounding area) overwatch; similar to how sector artillery was updated where it only happens in these areas.

Eh, I guess I was wrong on that and well, I agree; it needs to be adjusted.
17 Dec 2018, 01:40 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Yeah, it shouldn't be like this at all
17 Dec 2018, 05:48 AM

Yeah this ability is still broken and the bombs will drop outside of the circle.
There is a bit of RNG at play, but it is devastating when this ability behaves in the way like the video posted.
This really needs to be fixed.
17 Dec 2018, 07:02 AM

Whats the problem? Any callin are not exclusivly in the area where it shown on the map. I lost a panther while staying in base and the p47 circle was in the middle from the map...they hunted it 3 screens wide from the circle.

It works like any other callin in this game....
17 Dec 2018, 07:10 AM

There are a lot of abilities are OP in 4V4 but totally balanced in 1V1 or in 2V2.

I don't think there is a way to balance these abilities.
17 Dec 2018, 08:33 AM

I have a game with my pals on 4v4 where we brought up 2 AA guns, and trying to spend other resources on AT and AI role infantry/tanks units. Is not enough when other 2 axis players using sector artillery with 4 LeFH barraging our end non-stop. I am wishing this can be fix as the resource allocation is unfeasible on the ally side.
17 Dec 2018, 19:00 PM
Donator 11

Like all circle abilities, whatever death they deal inside the circle, outside should be save or the actual bug is that the range of this ability doesn't fit whats showing on the ui. Maybe he targets target should be highlighted?
I think its a lot scarier and effective than P47s at the moment...

Just had this with a Pershing which was like a lot more outside the area than in this vid and also the Persh was inside the fow.
How does it work, does this thing snaps onto its target and follows it through the FOW?

slightly op 1

slightly op2

Choose if thats OP or not, but the attack on the Pershing doesn't really feel good...
>:(
17 Dec 2018, 19:17 PM

Like all circle abilities, whatever death they deal inside the circle, outside should be save or the actual bug is that the range of this ability doesn't fit whats showing on the ui. Maybe he targets target should be highlighted?

Just had this with a Pershing which was like a lot more outside the area than in this vid and also the Persh was inside the fow.
How does it work, does this thing snaps onto its target and follows it through the FOW?

slightly op 1

slightly op2

Choose if thats OP or not, but the attack on the Pershing doesn't really feel good...

I'd say thats a little more than slightly op lmao.
17 Dec 2018, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's make some things clear which even after 5 years it doesn't seem like it.

Loiter planes have 2 phases. Tracking and attacking.
Tracking: UI bugs aside, the plane will loiter around looking for targets inside the circle. Once it identifies a viable target, it will go to the 2nd phase.
Attacking: whatever the target position is (inside or outside the circle), the plane will proceed to strafe it.

slightly op 1

slightly op2

In both cases, you can see clearly in the minimap how the plane goes outside the circle in a straight line to start the strafing attack. In the first case, it goes for the AT gun and in the 2nd case it's the Pershing.

PD: just in case, i'm not emitting any type of balance opinion about it, even if it looks ridiculous. Just clarifying what is happening.
17 Dec 2018, 20:09 PM
Donator 11

And it is not possible to loose tracking once outside ? FOW does not count at all in this sutation?
A side note, in the the first vid the ability acually ended, but the plane smelled blood lol.

You've seen the hp on the Persh, i had to stop and repair somewhere. If there no save harbor on the map in situations like that...

It would be Ok, if a tank revealed it to finish him off while it was a sitting duck at my base entrance.

The real question is, should this happen on a regular basis and AA is a must have now (against this ofc.)? :help:

Just to clarify the game itself went wrong on many other occasions anyway, not complaining here.;)
17 Dec 2018, 20:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And it is not possible to loose tracking once outside ? FOW does not count at all in this sutation?

You have to lose sight when INSIDE the circle. Once you are tracked, it doesn't matter where you end up going. This applies to all loiter planes.

A side note, in the the first vid the ability acually ended, but the plane smelled blood lol.

The tracking phase ended. But the ability was already ongoing and you were already targeted. Look at the minimap, the loiter planes is doing a counterclockwise scout and it get's vision on the yellow AT gun. The plane does a weird turn towards south before going for the strafe.

You've seen the hp on the Persh, i had to stop and repair somewhere. If there no save harbor on the map in situations like that...

It would be Ok, if a tank revealed it to finish him off while it was a sitting duck at my base entrance.

I have my hypothesis (see below) about the issues with the bombing part of the ability, but if that were a normal AT stuka strafe plane, it wouldn't matter where would you had gone. That Pershing was dead.

The real question is, should this happen on a regular basis and AA is a must have now (against this ofc.)? :help:

Just to clarify the game itself went wrong on many other occasions anyway, not complaining here.;)

Yep, you see that commander in loadout and you see any clue that he choose it, go for AA.

ISSUE with sector assault: is this the first loiter plane which get access to bombs? The delayed effect of the loiter actually makes it more deadlier as people don't expect it to hit so far behind and with that much accuracy.
17 Dec 2018, 20:59 PM

This abilitiy is broken, same thing happens in 1v1, retreat wrong time and half of your army is gone, srly who creates all this stupid things? Why do relic always do nothing or do everything.
18 Dec 2018, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 20:59 PMbulatcr
This abilitiy is broken, same thing happens in 1v1, retreat wrong time and half of your army is gone, srly who creates all this stupid things? Why do relic always do nothing or do everything.

Exactly this, they either have stuff that does nothing unless you are lucky or everything with just a button press. Did noone test this and see just how bat shit OP it is?
19 Dec 2018, 02:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 23:28 PMLatch

Exactly this, they either have stuff that does nothing unless you are lucky or everything with just a button press. Did noone test this and see just how bat shit OP it is?

Who should have tested this ability then?

Edit: that is to say, who should have tested this ability and discovered how bat shit OP it was?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★