Login

russian armor

Give me back MP44 Storm Rifle upgrade option

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
14 Dec 2018, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 10:05 AMKirrik

Why do I get a feeling this is a troll thread?

PG's are basically pre-patch Stormtroopers with slightly worse RA, use them

Also if you run l33t tr00ps 24/7 you should know about that G43 upgrade which gives you weapons very similar to STG's and costs only 60 muni.

This is my passport: Mysterious Hero K

i understand, everyone feels this is troll thread even in game, but i have a reason to reach high tier games.

personally, i think we should learn by ourselves, not a replay by stranger. everything can happen

that revamp really killed stormtroopers. I want stg44 back. No mp40, no g43

14 Dec 2018, 10:38 AM

PS: if they not add stg44 back. i will play british ever. To troll every player even the top 1 by emplacement striking. if you can stop my emplacement striking, so be it!
14 Dec 2018, 10:51 AM

The issue I have with Storms is that the base Kar98s are the same as on Grens (not particularly great for such an expensive unit), the free MP 40 is thus a no brainer and must have. Basically its just the mod teams ways of giving the middle finger to Wehr not to spawn Storms out of the building to do something actually useful.

I would rather have the Ober Kar98s for the Storms as a base weapon, to have more varied builds and an actual choice between steady long range DPS vs. short range specialization.

I wouldn't mind even if the MP 40 "upgrade" would cost some munitions, but it shouldn

Also bundled Grenades should be also back (and preferably buffed vs buildings, emplacements, caches), the flame nade is both odd and not very useful, it can't really kill caches within reasonable time, so whats the point of it then?
14 Dec 2018, 11:58 AM

The issue I have with Storms is that the base Kar98s are the same as on Grens (not particularly great for such an expensive unit), the free MP 40 is thus a no brainer and must have. Basically its just the mod teams ways of giving the middle finger to Wehr not to spawn Storms out of the building to do something actually useful.

I would rather have the Ober Kar98s for the Storms as a base weapon, to have more varied builds and an actual choice between steady long range DPS vs. short range specialization.

I wouldn't mind even if the MP 40 "upgrade" would cost some munitions, but it shouldn

Also bundled Grenades should be also back (and preferably buffed vs buildings, emplacements, caches), the flame nade is both odd and not very useful, it can't really kill caches within reasonable time, so whats the point of it then?

Optional between mp40 & mp44, but mp40 only, no way
14 Dec 2018, 12:40 PM

Hahahaha, but we talk seriously.

its not funny

What did you expected really?

You compare MUCH more expensive squads with additional upgrades and the squads meant to lead the offensive to infiltration troops meant to fight from ambush.

You're comparing apples to oranges here and fail at that as well, expecting much cheaper squad with free upgrade to stand up to expensive squads without the utilities and with almost 100 muni weapon upgrades.

Only commandos are comparable to new storms and storms scale much better then commandos.
14 Dec 2018, 12:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 12:40 PMKatitof

What did you expected really?

You compare MUCH more expensive squads with additional upgrades and the squads meant to lead the offensive to infiltration troops meant to fight from ambush.

You're comparing apples to oranges here and fail at that as well, expecting much cheaper squad with free upgrade to stand up to expensive squads without the utilities and with almost 100 muni weapon upgrades.

Only commandos are comparable to new storms and storms scale much better then commandos.

I endorse this answer.
14 Dec 2018, 12:52 PM

It's because spawning extremely high damage CQC troops out of buildings is crazy powerful. The upgrade time is there to make you spawn them ahead of time so they can hide and upgrade, rather than just spawning them mid-fight.

Same rationale as Infiltration Commandoes spawning with 3 men with abilities on cooldown.
14 Dec 2018, 12:56 PM

Basically its just the mod teams ways of giving the middle finger to Wehr not to spawn Storms out of the building to do something actually useful.

[…]

the flame nade is both odd and not very useful, it can't really kill caches within reasonable time, so whats the point of it then?

You can't have units infiltration spawn at full elite strength because they'd easily wipe retreating squads. This (alongside with direct access to grenade) was removed a long time ago. Commandos spawn with 3/5 models, Stormtroopers spawn with 4/4 models but with Gren rifles. No middle finger, just following healthy game design.

The Stormtrooper flame grenade is specifically designed to take out caches in combination with a bit of small arms fire. This is to prevent instantly killing caches, or would you think it's fair Stormtroopers could just infiltrate spawn from a building, throw a grenade and retreat and kill a 250MP cache without any chance for the enemy to defend themselves or retaliate?
14 Dec 2018, 13:11 PM

haha, the fact that u got allied hero katitof defending the mp40's shows u how weaker storm trooper have become.

They used to be able to 1v1 and beat almost any inf in the game, now they lose most engagements unless they ambush, and still lose to other CQC units yh defo much better
14 Dec 2018, 13:17 PM

If you want PGrens, just build PGrens. They won't cost you a small fortune in muntions for the benefit of arming.
14 Dec 2018, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 13:11 PMAlphrum
haha, the fact that u got allied hero katitof defending the mp40's shows u how weaker storm trooper have become.

They used to be able to 1v1 and beat almost any inf in the game, now they lose most engagements unless they ambush, and still lose to other CQC units yh defo much better

haha, the fact that u got axis fanbois crying out loud for buffs of a unit with 80 DPS shows u how bad axis fanbois have become.

They will 1v1 all squads in game, even more expensive ones, because they will always shoot first because of cammo, now thanks to that they win most engagements unless they don't ambush in which case you use them wrong, they lose only to much more expensive other CQC units, yeah defo much better :romeoMug:

How about you wipe your tears, blow your nose, log into the game and use the unit first, before whining?
14 Dec 2018, 13:33 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Has anyone of you actually tried the new stormtroopers? They are frickin' amazing. The MP40 upgrade happens really quickly and is possible even in enemy territory. Put them in cover (prefereably next to a red cover road), wait for an opponent, rightlick the unit and press F and enjoy a wipe. Your opponent needs really good retreat timings to counter that. Self healing helps alot at vet 1 and the cloak is good enough to be out of cover for a short time. I think they are amazing and really fun to play around with. Finaly some MP40s which are not shooting duds (looking at you Pios).
14 Dec 2018, 13:40 PM

Why not somewhere in the middle?
Giving two models mp40 and two models mp44

Or like 1 and 3 ratio or 3 and 1. I dont care. I guess 2 and 2 would be fine.
I would actually think a small amount of muni would be fair. Not 60 because the weapon upgrade is pretty mandatory.

But something like 15-30 muni maybe?
14 Dec 2018, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 13:33 PMluvnest
Has anyone of you actually tried the new stormtroopers? They are frickin' amazing. The MP40 upgrade happens really quickly and is possible even in enemy territory. Put them in cover (prefereably next to a red cover road), wait for an opponent, rightlick the unit and press F and enjoy a wipe. Your opponent needs really good retreat timings to counter that. Self healing helps alot at vet 1 and the cloak is good enough to be out of cover for a short time. I think they are amazing and really fun to play around with. Finaly some MP40s which are not shooting duds (looking at you Pios).

they are bad
14 Dec 2018, 14:02 PM

they are bad

Says 4v4 main.
Ofc they are bad in tank spam no skill game mode.
Try them in 1v1 or 2v2.
14 Dec 2018, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 14:02 PMKatitof

Says 4v4 main.
Ofc they are bad in tank spam no skill game mode.
Try them in 1v1 or 2v2.

whatever you say, you said you are allied hero?
so you better become axis hero now.
i play british ever until they turn it back
14 Dec 2018, 14:16 PM

they are bad

That sure is some solid argumentation to disprove a statement given by one of the best players of the game.
14 Dec 2018, 14:27 PM

whatever you say, you said you are allied hero?
so you better become axis hero now.
i play british ever until they turn it back

Its 100% irrelevant which side you play, if you spell bullshit, you will be called out on it.
You look at balance through pov of no skill, all spam mode.

OBVIOUSLY you will see a unit that actually requires most basic micro to success as bad, especially if your skill starts and ends on spamming emplacements.
ESPECIALLY if you never even used it and just prising to the choir.
14 Dec 2018, 14:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 13:33 PMluvnest

they are bad

Why top players don't really actively contribute to the forums, in two quick posts.
14 Dec 2018, 14:41 PM

Why top players don't really actively contribute to the forums, in two quick posts.

These pesky top 10, 80% win ratio, 1v1 players, thinking they know better then 500+, struggle for 50% wins, 4v4 master race players.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS