Login

russian armor

USF rails and metal vs OKW

11 Dec 2018, 04:43 AM

Can someone help me with this? It feels impossible to win this match up from minute 0. I had 2 games in a row with the same match up.

So I got top 1st spawn, in charge of def natural fuel, and it just seems impossible to hold from the beginning of the game. OKW starts with car first and just rushes fuel,drives off rear echoleon, and bleeds rifleman mp,

rushes victory point cover with volks, and out trades riflemen. Eventually I have to retreat my units because they cant hit anything at long range and
I surrendered/rage quit, stats 5 kills 10 deaths.

Is this fight winnable somehow? I can def this spawn with Brits and Wher, but I am totally clueless how to beat this without a mg and with shit long range dps units like riflemen.

I am just so mad because this spawn should be really easy to def, I can def it easily with other factions, but because I cant with USF I just instantly lose the 2v2 game. The fact that this same match up happened twice in a row also pisses me off.

Can anybody suggest a way to win this?
11 Dec 2018, 04:57 AM

Rear Echelons or Riflemen can do enough damage to the kuebel now adays so its fine if you just sit at it and plink away.

Also if you are worried about a kuebel, cant you just keep the jeep doctrine in your loadout and rush it with it?

And if your on the top side with the north fuel, dont you have the cover advantage?

Also you can always post a replay, since anything said here is just theory.
11 Dec 2018, 06:23 AM

Rear Echelons or Riflemen can do enough damage to the kuebel now adays so its fine if you just sit at it and plink away.

Also if you are worried about a kuebel, cant you just keep the jeep doctrine in your loadout and rush it with it?

And if your on the top side with the north fuel, dont you have the cover advantage?

Also you can always post a replay, since anything said here is just theory.

the first two matches the kubel shreded my rear echelon hp, 1st while fuel was being caped and 2nd behind cover.

1st match i build sandbags on the vp and put 2 riflesquads behind it, fighting a volks and a kubel, but they ended up losing somehow, lot of hp dmg and the strum pio joined the fight so I retreated to the stug wreck, had a green cover to green cover shootout, my fresh rifle joined the fight vs another volks squad, and I just took way too much hp dmg and had to retreat everything.

11 Dec 2018, 07:08 AM

If u have trobles vs kubels, u may try to put light mines. They are cheap, but they stun kubel and blow half of the HP. U may bait kubel onto mines with yor RE. Sometmes it works well
11 Dec 2018, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2018, 04:43 AMUnited

Can anybody suggest a way to win this?

There is no rules that say you must rush your fuel with RE at the start of the game, specially with USF I'd say munition is as much as important or even more interesting early game to get fast bar.
Second point is to know that capping 4 neutral points gives you as much fuel as 1 fuel point + 1 munition point. So if your fuel is going to be contested, don't focus too much on it, cap everything else, cap your munition, cap the center VP, you'll be late on fuel but you'll have enough to tech captain and have ATG or lieutenant + zooks.

I can't help you a lot on Rail&Metal cuz I veto the map for being a corridor map but instead of rushing the fuel take the house with your first RE so the Sturm isn't going to take it and wait to have at least 3 RM to start moving around, make sure you cap your points.
You can build an early Position to defend the fuel point, the ground elevation make it difficult for ATgun to take it down.
11 Dec 2018, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2018, 06:23 AMUnited

the first two matches the kubel shreded my rear echelon hp, 1st while fuel was being caped and 2nd behind cover.

1st match i build sandbags on the vp and put 2 riflesquads behind it, fighting a volks and a kubel, but they ended up losing somehow, lot of hp dmg and the strum pio joined the fight so I retreated to the stug wreck, had a green cover to green cover shootout, my fresh rifle joined the fight vs another volks squad, and I just took way too much hp dmg and had to retreat everything.

If you are talking about the north side of the map, you should not be pushing or trying to hold the vp so early, if he is attacking or defending it strongly imo

Also mass retreating is not the best idea, retreat one at a time.
11 Dec 2018, 11:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Replays are way better.

USF vs OKW is a match up on which you are passive till you get out your first officer, try not to get pushed out by a P2 rush and you eventually win on the late game.

You will get outcapped and outnumbered till first officer. Play defensively and focus more on getting advantageous defensive positions (in this case north building) and focus on trading effectively against the SP rather than leaving single units to cap the backline. You really need that garrison and the following 2 rifles. Against OKW with USF, i wouldn't go for the "usual" 1v1 x 2 match up. You are better playing together with your partner in the same side.

11 Dec 2018, 15:42 PM

Welcome to the USF experience.
If OKW wants something, they will take it away from you, brute forcing their way in if they have to.
All you can do is hope to keep them from triple capping and get all the normal resource points you have. Eventually you will outscale them, if they don't push their advantage properly, or they don't go for a Commander with Lategame, JT on that map is hard to deal with.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★