Login

russian armor

Let's talk about the scott

PAGES (7)down
10 Dec 2018, 11:43 AM

In comparison with Priest they arn't op. I also don't understand the proble. s with scott.

I am sorry to offend you but I checked your ranks and the reason why you don´t have trouble with the Scott is because you don´t play vs high ranked USF players. That´s why I said Scotts need decent micro. They aren´t as easy to use as a Priest of Katy, they act more like a mini Brummbär. You need to ground attack with them to get the really OP results.

Also they weren´t seen much in the 2v2 tourney was because USF wasn´t picked much. If USF was better overall the Scotts would have already gotten nerfed. Now it´s somewhat ok because USF has so many other weaknesses.
10 Dec 2018, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 11:11 AMGrumpy

Relic just had a 2v2 tournament with COH2's largest cash prizes ever. Why wasn't there any of this top tier USF there? Nobody wanted the $10,000 that would've been so easy to take with double-Scott's and USF's shining late game?

Did you read his post? He said USF is bad overall because of bad early to mid game and being vulnerable to snipers and LV. Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he said USF would easily dominate. I sense a big learn to read issue here.
10 Dec 2018, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 10:32 AMVipper

Read post 8 the comparison with mortar is completely false. (orange and apples one might say)

I disagree.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 12:41 PMVipper
scott and mortars are completely different units, with different mechanics.

Scott uses low trajectory while mortars high.

The only difference here is shell flight time. Low trajectory gives Scott posibility to hit moving targets if you use attack ground. Besides, if you try to do barrage from behind shot blocker, Scott uses high trajectory.

Still both units are single shot indirect fire with low AoE, low range and high rate of fire (distinctive from MLRS and howitzers/field guns, but still both fall under same category of gun performance). Both capable of performing HE and smoke barrage.

Don't know why you try to argue about semantics so much. Looks like kinda waste of time to me because it doesn't add anything to actual argument.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 12:41 PMVipper

Their AOE is also different:
A Mortar kills entities only if the shot land on top of model since it has a kill radius of 0.

Scott on the other hand has 1.27 kill radius.

A bigger mortar is still mortar, I guess?
And of course it should be bigger, because of 70 fuel and top tier requirements.
10 Dec 2018, 11:55 AM

Did you read his post? He said USF is bad overall because of bad early to mid game and being vulnerable to snipers and LV. Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he said USF would easily dominate. I sense a big learn to read issue here.

Yes, I read his posts. Did you read what I highlighted? Do you often see high level teams lose 2v2's in the early to mid game? Most of those games are 40-50 minute slug fests with most of the decisive action being with late game units. The only big learn to read issue here is yours.
10 Dec 2018, 12:09 PM

In a discussion where CPU-standard is mention as example I think I am allowed to speak. Never had problems versus him.

And yes, Scott can be annoying and it would be more balanced if it would be more like old StuG E. Less damage, slower shell etc. because its range and turret. Also the map is important.
10 Dec 2018, 12:20 PM

In a discussion where CPU-standard is mention as example I think I am allowed to speak. Never had problems versus him.

And yes, Scott can be annoying and it would be more balanced if it would be more like old StuG E. Less damage, slower shell etc. because its range and turret. Also the map is important.

Ehh...CPU non standard is rank 85 and your best 2v2 rank seems to be 800+. Are you sure you know who you are talking about?? lol

10 Dec 2018, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 11:55 AMGrumpy

Yes, I read his posts. Did you read what I highlighted? Do you often see high level teams lose 2v2's in the early to mid game? Most of those games are 40-50 minute slug fests with most of the decisive action being with late game units. The only big learn to read issue here is yours.

I dont even want to answer to you. You are just being silly now. He said no one picks USF because they are not good and then you twist his words around and make it look like he said USF is OP and ez win. What´s the point?
10 Dec 2018, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 11:11 AMGrumpy
Relic just had a 2v2 tournament with COH2's largest cash prizes ever. Why wasn't there any of this top tier USF there? Nobody wanted the $10,000 that would've been so easy to take with double-Scott's and USF's shining late game?

So I guess the fact that (double) OKW was picked a lot in the tourney would indicate the Brummbär was fine and didn't need any nerfs? Besides, with top tier Axis tank micro being so deadly the USF late game simply can't do without Jacksons or the Pershing. In slower paced games (i.e. 95% of the games) ATGs and maybe one Jackson is sufficient AT and Scotts see a lot more usage there.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 08:50 AMGrumpy
I remember the name CPU-Non Standard from a couple matches. I don't remember anything else about him, but would bet that he isn't any higher ranked than you. Also, as OKW, you have plenty of options for dealing with Scotts.

That Nonstandard guy is a toxic ragequiter, in 3s and 4s he always leaves if he loses the first engagement.

Also, I'd like to hear what OKW's 'plenty' of options are besides Raketten stealth cheese and Panther dive.
10 Dec 2018, 12:35 PM

Funny, a while ago I asked in the State Office how to counter this unit. We relegated to OKW Raketen Cheese, JT/Elefant, Stuka CAS, or mass armor dives.

I would say that the M8A1 Scott is overpowered. It is too survivable for a unit with such a reliable main gun.

I propose that we remove the M8A1's ability to auto-fire and attack ground. To compensate for this, I would decrease the cooldown of both the regular and the smoke barrage.

This would increase the micro tax of using the M8A1, and remove its ability to kite infantry and so effectively target units on the move.

I would argue that this would reduce the overall destructive power of the Scott, but it would still remain survivable and effective as an artillery unit. It would also increase the possibility of counter-play, as you can react and move out of the barrage area.

Main problem of the unit is it's speed. You can't kill it when a good player is controlling it.
10 Dec 2018, 12:41 PM

Ehh...CPU non standard is rank 85 and your best 2v2 rank seems to be 800+. Are you sure you know who you are talking about?? lol

Sure, often play versus him. It is even a running jocke in my team if we play versus him and his rage-quits. lol
10 Dec 2018, 12:47 PM
Donator 11

Probably best not to get fixated on a named players behaviour as thread will get locked
10 Dec 2018, 13:00 PM

So I guess the fact that (double) OKW was picked a lot in the tourney would indicate the Brummbär was fine and didn't need any nerfs? Besides, with top tier Axis tank micro being so deadly the USF late game simply can't do without Jacksons or the Pershing. In slower paced games (i.e. 95% of the games) ATGs and maybe one Jackson is sufficient AT and Scotts see a lot more usage there.

Not sure if you can compare the pick rate of USF with Ostheer/OKW picking strategy.

Dual scott don't have real push power, scott isn't a shock unit that can turn tides when it hits the field unlike the brumbar, the sherman HE, the Pz4 or whatever with a bit of armor and good AI power. You can't and don't push with a Scott, you bleed your opponent from range like a mortar does.
It is true the scott has a great survivability but it is also true that any AT unit can counter it minus infantry AT units, you also need vet1 to get extra barrage range to shot at atgun from safety...
10 Dec 2018, 13:13 PM

I disagree.

You have every right to do so and you opinion is respected.

The only difference here is shell flight time. Low trajectory gives Scott posibility to hit moving targets if you use attack ground. Besides, if you try to do barrage from behind shot blocker, Scott uses high trajectory.

That is one difference, Scott will not autofire behind shot blockers

Still both units are single shot indirect fire with low AoE, low range and high rate of fire (distinctive from MLRS and howitzers/field guns, but still both fall under same category of gun performance). Both capable of performing HE and smoke barrage.

Yes but that does not make them the same the same way Leig or pack Howizter is not the same as mortar.

Don't know why you try to argue about semantics so much. Looks like kinda waste of time to me because it doesn't add anything to actual argument.

Well I don't know why you try to down play Scott by comparing with a mortar it is not a mortar or mortar half-truck. Mortars got a heavy nerfs in the recent patch and scott has not.

Bottom line is does not fire like mortar, it does more damage than mortar, typical counters vs mortar do not work against it, in sort it has nothing to with a mortar other that it provides support fire/smoke.

A bigger mortar is still mortar, I guess?
And of course it should be bigger, because of 70 fuel and top tier requirements.

Currently mortar are only good vs units in garrison. Scott if far deadlier and far more difficult to destroy.
10 Dec 2018, 13:27 PM

Don't know if it's because of this thread I opened but I seem to face many more USF players using Scotts now, like all of a sudden, it's really annoying.
As OKW, I don't suffer as much but if it's a Ostheer ally, they get seriously wrecked as their units have smaller squad sizes. I really feel bad for them.

Regarding the thread, I think the unit need nerfs to its ROF + scatter/accuracy in direct-fire mode, it's so effective at snipping squads that a unit has to retreat after taking a direct hit or risk being moped up by infantry.
ddd
10 Dec 2018, 13:51 PM

Since we all feel bad about squads wiped by indirect fire i hope you dont forget to nerf pwerfer and stuka wiping whole squads and weapon teams in one barrage. You are not this biased to request nerfs for a dead faction while defending op units that are present in every 2v2+ game, right?
10 Dec 2018, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 13:51 PMddd
Since we all feel bad about squads wiped by indirect fire i hope you dont forget to nerf pwerfer and stuka wiping whole squads and weapon teams in one barrage. You are not this biased to request nerfs for a dead faction while defending op units that are present in every 2v2+ game, right?

Works as intended.
Same with Scott.
ddd
10 Dec 2018, 14:01 PM

Works as intended.
Same with Scott.

Works as intended but according to our forum experts only scott deserves nerfs. Stuka and pwerfer every game wiping squads left right and center is fine.
10 Dec 2018, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 13:51 PMddd

If we're gonna have to mention and discuss all similar units whenever a single unit is brought up, it will become impossible to have a solid discussion and the forum would become a complete mess.

I personally think rocket arty in general should have their veterancy cooldown bonusses removed and regarding the Stuka I'd like to see a more spread out AOE that does reliable area damage rather than wiping entire squads. But this discussion is about the Scott. If you want to have a discussion about the Stuka or Panzerwerfer, make a thread about it.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 14:01 PMddd
Stuka and pwerfer every game wiping squads left right and center is fine.

Nobody claimed this. It's off-topic.
ddd
10 Dec 2018, 14:48 PM

If we're gonna have to mention and discuss all similar units whenever a single unit is brought up, it will become impossible to have a solid discussion and the forum would become a complete mess.

I personally think rocket arty in general should have their veterancy cooldown bonusses removed and regarding the Stuka I'd like to see a more spread out AOE that does reliable area damage rather than wiping entire squads. But this discussion is about the Scott. If you want to have a discussion about the Stuka or Panzerwerfer, make a thread about it.

Nobody claimed this. It's off-topic.

You are trying to justify nerfing usf only non doctrinal source of late game indirect fire while keeping axis source of late game indirect fire absolutely busted. See the problem now? As if usf LATE game strenght in TEAM games was the problem.
10 Dec 2018, 15:05 PM

That is simply not true, I strive for a balanced and fun game for everyone. The Scott is overperforming IMO, this thread is about the Scott, so I gave my opinion that it needed an ROF nerf. This thread has nothing to do with the Axis rocket artillery. If you want to discuss those, make a thread about them and I'll support it with my views that I have stated above.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS