Login

russian armor

Why such a short range of IS2?!

8 Dec 2018, 15:29 PM

IS2 when fighting a Panther hardly destroy it. In spite of IS2 main gun is powerfull (on history; not in game) panther can damage or destroy IS2 (if a small error on IS2´s micromenageament) or even so retreat very fast and has a fast more range then IS2.
I would like that IS2 had more maingun range and more speed...
8 Dec 2018, 15:32 PM

IS-2 Heavy Tank
vet 1 Unlocks the 'Secure Mode' ability
vet2 +50% weapon rotation speed, +25% range, +20% accuracy
vet 3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration
8 Dec 2018, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2018, 15:32 PMVipper
IS-2 Heavy Tank
vet 1 Unlocks the 'Secure Mode' ability
vet2 +50% weapon rotation speed, +25% range, +20% accuracy
vet 3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration

I push a lot with IS2. I use it many times. Sometimes i can change a match from allmost defeat to a win. But I hardlly get vet 1, only a few times vet 2, and only about 3 times vet 3 during those years of playing...
8 Dec 2018, 15:46 PM
Donator 11

IS-2 was a subject to many ballance changes during the lifespan of the game. It is in its sweet spot ballance wise, but very far from historical original. And this won't change I suppose, as community values ballance much higher than historical accurancy. The game is not historically accurate and is not supposed to be. You just have to live with that.
8 Dec 2018, 15:52 PM

The game is not historically accurate and is not supposed to be.
Maybe yes maybe not.
The game is historically accurate on what regards to the design of troops, weapons, tanks... and how they look like and move. For sure it can be a bit historical accurate on balance, commander skills... and other aspects.
8 Dec 2018, 15:53 PM

If we're gonna bring up historical accuracy, it should also have a 20-30 second reload time.

8 Dec 2018, 15:55 PM

If we're gonna bring up historical accuracy, it should also have a 20-30 second reload time.

Same to axis tanks?
8 Dec 2018, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

Same to axis tanks?

Historically, the is2 took much longer to reload than any other tank of the time, becouse its shells were too heavy to be loaded at once and thus were loaded in 2 parts. That was the downside of the design with 122mm gun.

On the other hand, it is not a historical section but ballance one, so I feel this discussion doesn't belong here.
8 Dec 2018, 16:02 PM

Same to axis tanks?

You mean the Axis tanks that have 7,5cm or 8,8cm guns that actually did reload in 6-10 seconds?
Ingame only the Jagdtiger and Brummbär have artificially low reload time.

Anyway the point was that you can't claim historical accuracy for only some aspects while ignoring others. There has to be a balance between realism and gameplay. The game is historically flavoured, not historically accurate.
8 Dec 2018, 16:26 PM

I push a lot with IS2. I use it many times. Sometimes i can change a match from allmost defeat to a win. But I hardlly get vet 1, only a few times vet 2, and only about 3 times vet 3 during those years of playing...

IS-2 is facing Panther that have range 50.

Tiger starts with range 45 and face SU-85/M-36/FF with range 60.

You should be asking the same about the Tiger.
8 Dec 2018, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2018, 16:26 PMVipper

IS-2 is facing Panther that have range 50.

Tiger starts with range 45 and face SU-85/M-36/FF with range 60.

You should be asking the same about the Tiger.

There is no reasoning behind tiger range buff in the patch notes and it got penetration buff in the same patch, I hardly doubt that both were needed since it was still a buff at a time when allied TDs did jack shit to heavy armor and Tiger already penetrated all of them 100% of the time.

Moreover, tanks should NOT be able to contest their own counters through range bonuses and that includes is-2 vs panther, however contrary to panther, allied TDs can't stand the pressure of Tiger dps against them, panther not only can take 2 more shots from IS-2, but can also deflect them.

Bonus range to help vs their own counter makes as much sense as giving brummbar 45-50 range, so it can stomp on ATGs easier.

Tiger more likely got bonus range to go up against Comets better, but since that time, comet was stomped into the ground and pounded some more through nerfs, so I'd argue 45 range for tiger at vet0 is no longer needed, vet2 bonus up to 50 is fine.
8 Dec 2018, 17:14 PM

There is no reasoning behind tiger range buff in the patch notes and it got penetration buff in the same patch, I hardly doubt that both were needed since it was still a buff at a time when allied TDs did jack shit to heavy armor and Tiger already penetrated all of them 100% of the time.

Moreover, tanks should NOT be able to contest their own counters through range bonuses and that includes is-2 vs panther, however contrary to panther, allied TDs can't stand the pressure of Tiger dps against them, panther not only can take 2 more shots from IS-2, but can also deflect them.

Bonus range to help vs their own counter makes as much sense as giving brummbar 45-50 range, so it can stomp on ATGs easier.

Tiger more likely got bonus range to go up against Comets better, but since that time, comet was stomped into the ground and pounded some more through nerfs, so I'd argue 45 range for tiger at vet0 is no longer needed, vet2 bonus up to 50 is fine.

For around the 100 time, PLS stop quoting me if you response is completely irrelevant to what I have posted. It creates the wrong impression that I have suggested something that I have not.

If in you opinion Tiger need a range decrease PLS make a thread about, I am pretty sure allot of people with disagree with you thou.
BB and have a nice day.
8 Dec 2018, 17:17 PM

And the high-explosive projectile is more powerful than the King Tiger projectile three times.
8 Dec 2018, 17:36 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invis'd a post for excess flame and 1 follow up post. If you can't refrain from insults take it to another forum.
8 Dec 2018, 21:36 PM

There's been a lot of talk about heavy tanks lately, even though in the current meta they don't impact that much, balance wise they all do fine except the King Tiger.

IS2 is fine, the short range is mostly due to it's purpose as an assault tank, and that it prioritize the use of zis at guns.
9 Dec 2018, 01:56 AM

And the high-explosive projectile is more powerful than the King Tiger projectile three times.

The size of the shell and its charge, is not nearly as important as velocity. Unless said charge is shaped, but as far as I'm aware, only Germans and British used shaped charges in WWII.
9 Dec 2018, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 01:56 AMNaOCl

The size of the shell and its charge, is not nearly as important as velocity. Unless said charge is shaped, but as far as I'm aware, only Germans and British used shaped charges in WWII.

Yes and no to the velocity thing. The payload is immensely important. The kv2 for example had enough explosive to simply obliterate whatever it shot at despite is lower velocity.. The gun of the is-2 was selected BECAUSE of its explosive capability as it was a hybrid between hard and soft targets. It was intended to be able to smash Bunkers and tanks alike. It's ROF wasn't an issue because a single shell should be sufficient regardless of penatration
9 Dec 2018, 02:34 AM

It's ROF wasn't an issue because a single shell should be sufficient regardless of penatration

Unless there were several targets, it missed, or nearly missed. Its multi part ammunition also forced its amunition capacity to be very low.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 15
United Kingdom 44
unknown 7
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W