Login

russian armor

Which faction is the worst in the game? USF or UKF?

4 Dec 2018, 03:20 AM

A lot of people seem to think its UKF but I've always had decent luck with them. USF is the terrible one, that faction is practically designed to get it's ass kicked.
4 Dec 2018, 04:43 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

We'll see what comes of this in time I suppose, at the very least though this doesn't belong on the Strategy desk. I think the balance section would be better here.

/Moved to CoH2 balance
4 Dec 2018, 05:23 AM

USF is better than UKF in 1v1, UKF is better than USF in 2v2

Literally anything works in 3v3 and 4v4
4 Dec 2018, 06:06 AM

Even if the USF is not so hot right now it's getting a rework, while UKF's "fix" was half-assed for one reason or another with no proper explanation as to why when they had a plenty amount of ways to give them a mobile mortar while keeping them unique. Instead Andy gave a very vague answer in my opinion, I continued to bring up the question as to why they won't fix it to only have people dodging it so I gave up. I just don't see why or how the UKF is in such a hopeless spot, I mean if anything I expected Relic to care more for the Brits seeing as how the UKF is an improvement over the old British together with the fact that Relic themselves are Canadians. I mean if Churchill were still alive he'd probably be very much ashamed of how poorly the British are represented, it's not enough that they are not even in most WW2 games and films, being overshwdowed by the US because of Hollywood but now this as well, it's just sad really. It doesn't do justice to those who fought and gave their lives so we can be here today.
4 Dec 2018, 12:19 PM

UKF by far has more limitations on its gameplay. USF is hard because it’s a different game with them - you gotta maneuver a lot and keep shelling the enemy and throwing smoke for full advantage.
4 Dec 2018, 12:26 PM

USF in its current state is usually overshadowed by SOV. The reworked USF should hopefully be about on par, at least as far as 1v1 is concerned.

That being said, USF'll probably always be a bit harder to play with its highly mobile play style, just like OST is usually more intensive to play than OKW.

Comparing OST/OKW to SOV/USF/UKF is difficult because they face different opponents, units and vehicle timings.

That, and it usually degenerates into a certain group of players wailing 'red units OP' instead of admitting their play has room for improvmement.
4 Dec 2018, 12:57 PM

What did you guys have are you crazy?

UKF is the most broken and busted faction in the whole game, there is no comparison even, UKF in 1V1?

You can even see how people you have never known or some decently ranked players just "happen" to crack top 50 with brits...
4 Dec 2018, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2018, 12:57 PMCresc

UKF is the most broken and busted faction in the whole game, there is no comparison even, UKF in 1V1?

You can even see how people you have never known or some decently ranked players just "happen" to crack top 50 with brits...

Brits are much easier to be higher rank in because they have a much smaller player base. Rank is only relative to the other players in the faction. That also means that the faction's win rate is not taken into account.

Brits 1v1 are bad.
4 Dec 2018, 18:56 PM

Brits are much easier to be higher rank in because they have a much smaller player base. Rank is only relative to the other players in the faction. That also means that the faction's win rate is not taken into account.

Brits 1v1 are bad.

Maybe that's why it seems like I do better with UKF. All I know is I win more games with them and it's easier early game for me. I'm level 7 with UKF and 4 with USF.
4 Dec 2018, 19:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

USF is better than UKF in 1v1, UKF is better than USF in 2v2

Literally anything works in 3v3 and 4v4

Aaaand thread.
4 Dec 2018, 19:16 PM

4 Dec 2018, 19:32 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2018, 18:56 PMCODGUY

Maybe that's why it seems like I do better with UKF. All I know is I win more games with them and it's easier early game for me. I'm level 7 with UKF and 4 with USF.

I'm afraid win rates has nothing to do with the power level of a given faction. This is actually more a function of matchmaking/what players you typically will be matched with.

Likewise, the levels say nothing about faction balance as it compares you to the other players within a given faction. Level 7 means you are about an average UKF player. Level 4 means that you are better than the bottom 20% of USF players. Seems like the UKF suits your playstyle better than USF...
4 Dec 2018, 19:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Weekly reminder that I was top 10 with brits for a day, if that tells you anything :snfBarton:
4 Dec 2018, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2018, 12:57 PMCresc

Well, there are about 50 brit players in total in 1v1 so....
4 Dec 2018, 20:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2018, 19:39 PMTobis
Weekly reminder that I was top 10 with brits for a day, if that tells you anything :snfBarton:

First 10 qualifying games ? :D
4 Dec 2018, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2018, 19:39 PMTobis

Was this after all the Sim City players went from top 25 to 500+ in a week after advanced cancer commander was nerfed :snfBarton:
4 Dec 2018, 21:55 PM

Andy is doing good work so I don't think it's fair to lump the blame on UKF all on him when most of the nerfs were before him or the balance teams time. UKF are slowly getting better, croc buff and AT snare will help. Their tanks just need a bit more teeth, the comet and cromwell are hopeless and even USF tanks make them look trash.

Some pathing changes to make them a bit less glitchy to use would be welcome, comet especially has been very strange since they messed with the rotation and speed.
5 Dec 2018, 00:17 AM

Andy is doing good work so I don't think it's fair to lump the blame on UKF all on him when most of the nerfs were before him or the balance teams time. UKF are slowly getting better, croc buff and AT snare will help. Their tanks just need a bit more teeth, the comet and cromwell are hopeless and even USF tanks make them look trash.

Some pathing changes to make them a bit less glitchy to use would be welcome, comet especially has been very strange since they messed with the rotation and speed.

I am not blaming anybody, I just don't see why they either gave vague answers or ignore the questions entirely.

And I do believe that they had plenty amount of time and solutions to just give the Brits a mobile team mortar while still keeping them unique but they just refuse to do it for one reason or another which just doesn't make sense, it's basically the only thing keeping the Brits underperforming right now and you can see a lot of people agree with me on these forums, you can even look for yourself if you don't believe me.
5 Dec 2018, 00:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2018, 12:26 PMLago
USF in its current state is usually overshadowed by SOV. The reworked USF should hopefully be about on par, at least as far as 1v1 is concerned.

That being said, USF'll probably always be a bit harder to play with its highly mobile play style, just like OST is usually more intensive to play than OKW.

Comparing OST/OKW to SOV/USF/UKF is difficult because they face different opponents, units and vehicle timings.

That, and it usually degenerates into a certain group of players wailing 'red units OP' instead of admitting their play has room for improvmement.

USF is supposed to have a "mobile play style" but then they have no starting vehicles and no infantry carrying vehicles outside of a few doctrines. It's laughable they are called the "mobile faction". OST is more mobile than USF LOL
5 Dec 2018, 01:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2018, 00:32 AMCODGUY
USF is supposed to have a "mobile play style" but then they have no starting vehicles and no infantry carrying vehicles outside of a few doctrines. It's laughable they are called the "mobile faction". OST is more mobile than USF LOL

What I mean is they need to adopt a mobile playstyle, not that they're especially good at it. You've got to do a lot of flanking.

Edit: phrasing clarification
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %