Login

russian armor

Okw against simcity in teamgames

3 Dec 2018, 22:22 PM

When allies goes simcity, Okw has 2 choices.

Depend on his wehr allies to defeat it if there is any in the team.
Or
Pick the same commander over, over and over.

Would brit be fun, if emplacements was doctrinal?

3 Dec 2018, 22:49 PM

Pick the same commander over, over and over.
You are probably refering to the 105mm commander. That is a viable choice. Usually if a Brit is involved I wait a bit with the doctrinal choice so I can go for that commander. The obvious downside is that you have the doctrines blocked and have to have the 105mm in your loadout.

Other counters are LeIGs which can work but are risky or well coordinated attacks with your teammate. Triggering a brace and following up with a Volks Flamm-Nade.

I don't feel like it is that big of an issue any longer. Though on certain maps the mortar pit is surely an annoyance.
4 Dec 2018, 09:23 AM

Assuming this is about team games, one other thing you can do as OKW as soon as you see sim city... is to go somewhere else. If a Brit spends half his resources on static defenses to lock down 1-2 sectors, just bring your entire army to another part of the map and 2v1/3v2 the enemies there.

Or ask your Ostheer friend to bring Paks to pummel Bofors/mortars from 60 range while you spot them with a cloaked Raketten.
4 Dec 2018, 09:36 AM

Assuming this is about team games, one other thing you can do as OKW as soon as you see sim city... is to go somewhere else. If a Brit spends half his resources on static defenses to lock down 1-2 sectors, just bring your entire army to another part of the map and 2v1/3v2 the enemies there.

Or ask your Ostheer friend to bring Paks to pummel Bofors/mortars from 60 range while you spot them with a cloaked Raketten.

This part is something that my friend, who mains Brits, often complains about in 4v4s. Works really well against allied team with brits, but only on wide maps. It won't work, for example on Redball Express, because map is really narrow and mortar pits can reach two objectives while being placed in relatively safe position.
4 Dec 2018, 10:09 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Well, i rather am OKW vs Brits emplacements than Ostheer.

1. Fortifications Doctrine - Pak43 , Howitzer, Artillery

2. LeiG guns.

3. Raketens

4. Most important - FLAME NADES

5. Then there is Feuersturm

6. Puma (outranges the Bofors)
4 Dec 2018, 11:12 AM

Would brit be fun, if emplacements was doctrinal?

You can kill nondoctrinal emplacements with LeiGs.

It's the Advanced Emplacement commander's insane repairs that make them immune to a constant barrage by four LeiGs at once.

I have no idea what Relic was thinking with that commander. Those repair assemblies need patching out.
4 Dec 2018, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2018, 11:12 AMLago
It's the Advanced Emplacement commander's insane repairs that make them immune to a constant barrage by four LeiGs at once.

I have no idea what Relic was thinking with that commander. Those repair assemblies need patching out.

As far as I can tell it's not the repairs itself that is so much of a problem, but the fact that the repair automatrons seem to almost instantly respawn after they get killed. So purposefully attacking the back of the emplacement (where the automatrons come to repair) actually doesn't work because there's new automatrons coming as soon as they die. As opposed to when Royal Engineers are repairing, who will be forced off by this.

So automatron respawn time should be bumped up along with maybe a decrease in repair speed (i.e. number of automatrons). It's one of the main (only) strengths of the doctrine so removing that would significantly impact the commander.
4 Dec 2018, 12:15 PM

As far as I can tell it's not the repairs itself that is so much of a problem, but the fact that the repair automatrons seem to almost instantly respawn after they get killed. So purposefully attacking the back of the emplacement (where the automatrons come to repair) actually doesn't work because there's new automatrons coming as soon as they die. As opposed to when Royal Engineers are repairing, who will be forced off by this.

So automatron respawn time should be bumped up along with maybe a decrease in repair speed (i.e. number of automatrons). It's one of the main (only) strengths of the doctrine so removing that would significantly impact the commander.

Or, try to throw everything on the forward assembly. With feuersturm, u even have the flame option.
4 Dec 2018, 13:58 PM

Or, try to throw everything on the forward assembly. With feuersturm, u even have the flame option.

If they build the Bofors first, you often don't know where the Forward Assembly is because you can no longer enter the area to scout it. It often puts your ISGs well within mortar auto fire range too. The incendiary barrage on the ISGs actually doesn't do a lot of damage against emplacements or infantry.
4 Dec 2018, 17:58 PM

Good. That commander shouldn't be in the game outright.

Either emplacements have to be balanced around it, which means they're trash outside it, or they're balanced nondoctrinally, which turns them into hell with that commander.
4 Dec 2018, 20:20 PM

If they build the Bofors first, you often don't know where the Forward Assembly is because you can no longer enter the area to scout it. It often puts your ISGs well within mortar auto fire range too. The incendiary barrage on the ISGs actually doesn't do a lot of damage against emplacements or infantry.

IR Halftrack it out, or if you have recon/flares, call those in.

Also, sneak a cloaked rak through as a scout.

It can be a pain but you have some tools to deal with it. It can be a real pain if you're already invested in a specific build order and have to do a 180 in terms of units or sidetech tho.
4 Dec 2018, 21:30 PM

Fortification Doctrine hard counters sim city.
15 Dec 2018, 23:34 PM

I'm a bit late here, but the Feursturm doctrine after being reworked is pretty viable against British emplacements. The LeIG with incendiary rounds is in particular rather effective. You can fire and reposition before British mortar pits can return fire, with good micro.
16 Dec 2018, 00:06 AM

I'm a bit late here, but the Feursturm doctrine after being reworked is pretty viable against British emplacements. The LeIG with incendiary rounds is in particular rather effective. You can fire and reposition before British mortar pits can return fire, with good micro.

Not for advanced emplacements unfortunately
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS