Login

russian armor

King Tiger - Is it worth buying?

PAGES (12)down
18 Dec 2018, 13:02 PM

After having lost multiple vet 5 jaeger squads to single soviet IS-2 shells, KT is annoying me, OKW has no late game armour to compete with allied armour, constantly outranged and outdamaged. Hell, they even bounce rakatens and then clear them.
18 Dec 2018, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 13:02 PMNaOCl
After having lost multiple vet 5 jaeger squads to single soviet IS-2 shells, KT is annoying me, OKW has no late game armour to compete with allied armour, constantly outranged and outdamaged. Hell, they even bounce rakatens and then clear them.

We know you are 100% lying here, because you opened with IS-2 actually hitting infantry claim.

Also we know you are very bad, because JLI have no business being anywhere near any vehicle at any time other then retreating through one or being chased by one.
18 Dec 2018, 16:22 PM

I agree that OKW has no good anti infantry vehicle option lategame. The Panzer IV is good at that but lacks the staying power to do this in the very lategame.

Usually the games I lose as OKW are the ones where I don't go for the 105mm since it is increasingly hard to deal with infantry.

The KT should be a little bit more effective against infantry. Not the oneshotting whole squads that it used to be but it should be better than now (so that you can depend on it killing 2-3 models with each shot).
18 Dec 2018, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 16:22 PMButcher
I agree that OKW has no good anti infantry vehicle option lategame. The Panzer IV is good at that but lacks the staying power to do this in the very lategame.

Usually the games I lose as OKW are the ones where I don't go for the 105mm since it is increasingly hard to deal with infantry.

The KT should be a little bit more effective against infantry. Not the oneshotting whole squads that it used to be but it should be better than now (so that you can depend on it killing 2-3 models with each shot).

2-3 models will be too lethal against brits.
18 Dec 2018, 19:10 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

How is that any different than OST?
18 Dec 2018, 19:13 PM

How is that any different than OST?

Since KT already has better AT ability than Allies' heaviest (IS2, Pershing), I don't think we need to improve its AI ability.

I would prefer better turrent rotation.

Move "Spearhead" to vet1.
18 Dec 2018, 19:27 PM

Since KT already has better AT ability than Allies' heaviest (IS2, Pershing), I don't think we need to improve its AI ability.

Making Spearhead available by default would be better, it needs that Combat Blitz ability imo...
18 Dec 2018, 19:30 PM

I understand, but the problem is OKW do not have a designated AI armor piece lategame or alternatively a generalst who can survive for long periods of time. Making the KT into another AT platform where OKW already have a designated TD and a premium brawler panther. They don't need more AT.
18 Dec 2018, 19:44 PM

I understand, but the problem is OKW do not have a designated AI armor piece lategame or alternatively a generalst who can survive for long periods of time. Making the KT into another AT platform where OKW already have a designated TD and a premium brawler panther. They don't need more AT.

I think this is a problem related to OKW's faction design, they are more specialized than other factions. Their infantry is excellent at AI jobs and their armor is excellent at AT jobs. Since Raketen sucks at lategame, OKW's armor need to do all AT jobs.

Just leave the AI jobs to your Ost teammate's brummbar.

18 Dec 2018, 19:49 PM

I think this is a problem related to OKW's faction design, they are more specialized than other factions. Their infantry is excellent at AI jobs and their armor is excellent at AT jobs. Since Raketen sucks at lategame, OKW's armor need to do all AT jobs.

Just leave the AI jobs to your Ost teammate's brummbar.

You know 1v1 exists right?
18 Dec 2018, 19:54 PM

You know 1v1 exists right?

Yes, and I play 1V1, you can check my playercard.

I barely build KT in 1V1, it just takes too much population cap.

In 1V1 mode, player would not face too much AT, so Pz4's survival ability is good enough.
18 Dec 2018, 20:21 PM

If brits don't want to drop the 35 feul by the time the enemy techs all their buildings and saves 280 fuel then that's too damn bad for the brit player. Having the tools but deciding not to use them is no way to balance.
20 Dec 2018, 00:08 AM

If brits don't want to drop the 35 feul by the time the enemy techs all their buildings and saves 280 fuel then that's too damn bad for the brit player. Having the tools but deciding not to use them is no way to balance.

Also, OKW needs a way to punish British IS double bren blobs.
20 Dec 2018, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 13:52 PMKatitof

We know you are 100% lying here, because you opened with IS-2 actually hitting infantry claim.

Also we know you are very bad, because JLI have no business being anywhere near any vehicle at any time other then retreating through one or being chased by one.

If you play the game for yourself, you'll see that the is-2 does frequently wipe 4 mans squads. At least, for what it does, it does much better than the KT.

The polls I put up got enough responses to be statistically significant, they also show that a large percentage think the IS-2 is fine, and that the KT is trash.

So, call me a noob all you want, but I'm no psychic able to determine when a single is2 is going to wipe a vet 5 JLI squad from max range, with their 0.57 target size and all. Seems more like bad luck.

The fact still stands, the KT sucks.
20 Dec 2018, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 00:08 AMNaOCl

Also, OKW needs a way to punish British IS double bren blobs.

If there only existed an indirect fire vehicle with extremely accurate barrage, regardless of distance, with very potent aoe in OKW tech.
22 Dec 2018, 04:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 00:24 AMKatitof

If there only existed an indirect fire vehicle with extremely accurate barrage, regardless of distance, with very potent aoe in OKW tech.

If only, Shame it doesn't exist.
22 Dec 2018, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 00:12 AMNaOCl

If you play the game for yourself, you'll see that the is-2 does frequently wipe 4 mans squads. At least, for what it does, it does much better than the KT.

The polls I put up got enough responses to be statistically significant, they also show that a large percentage think the IS-2 is fine, and that the KT is trash.

So, call me a noob all you want, but I'm no psychic able to determine when a single is2 is going to wipe a vet 5 JLI squad from max range, with their 0.57 target size and all. Seems more like bad luck.

The fact still stands, the KT sucks.

the first statement is complete bullshit... the IS-2`s gun actually doesnt get wipes consistently and although it kills a model or 2 its low rate of fire means jack shit

also if you had JLI near an IS-2 then thats your fault for sucking

also statistically significant at what level of confidence? did you apply a chi square to this or something or is this just bullcrap?

lastly note that even if it is statistically significant there are reasons as to why people think the IS-2 is fine

the only real reason is: you dont need tech to get it <===

timing is very important in COH 2... the fact that i can get an IS-2 out for a lower cost than a T-34-85 or a T-34 means i can dominate the game far earlier than you can...

if the KT were moved to doc and was a callin without tech it might actually be a good idea to get it...

22 Dec 2018, 14:58 PM

Give it faster turret rotation and more accuracy, leave the armor and HP.
22 Dec 2018, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2018, 04:08 AMNaOCl
If only, Shame it doesn't exist.

Third unit in the Mechanized HQ.
24 Dec 2018, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2018, 15:00 PMLago

Third unit in the Mechanized HQ.

:clap:
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 18