Login

russian armor

King Tiger - Is it worth buying?

PAGES (12)down
7 Dec 2018, 17:39 PM

How to fix KT:
- adjust AOE of main gun to Brummbar profile and buff scatter a bit;
- lower veterancy requirements;
- remove Blitzkrieg, move Spearhead to vet 1, put (~)+30% faster turret rotation at vet 3.

These changes give reliable AI, change nothing regarding its natural counters, but make its vet more accessible and adress the biggest performance issue (turret traverse).

If after implementation, these changes prove to still not be quite enough:
- lower cost to somewhere around 650-700MP and 240-260FU.

to do that you have to lower the damage of the gun (it's more than 160) which means that Mediums will become a super threat to KT.

What you suggest will make KT even worse.
7 Dec 2018, 23:18 PM

Ram it with t34, drop IL2 bomb, ggwp, lol.

Panther is better for AT, Volks and Piv better for AI.

Not worth huge cost.
8 Dec 2018, 01:50 AM

That is true. U can have 2 Pz4, or panther + Pz4 at almost same price, and it'll be much more useful.

That really sums up the entire problem of the KT, better it was reworked/buffed or straight up removed as to not be a noob trap.
8 Dec 2018, 01:52 AM

Were you my opponent? lol. That's how I lost my first 2 KT's when I was trying to learn OKW. I've only built 5 total. I get JPIV and a panther now.
10 Dec 2018, 09:54 AM

Not worth huge cost.

That is a good strat vs JT and Elefant also)))
10 Dec 2018, 10:46 AM

That is a good strat vs JT and Elefant also

It is the main sense of the ability.
15 Dec 2018, 23:45 PM

The KT is good. It could maybe use a slight buff to justify its price, but I feel it's far from useless. A lot of people feel the KT is useless and dies to easily, but imo these people are probably mis-using their KT. It's slow and vulnerable, use it to support your Panthers and P4s. It's not a main-line tank, if you charge it forth you will not be able to retreat it when USF Riflemen or SOV Conscripts kill its engine, and start hitting it with AT guns and TDs.
15 Dec 2018, 23:52 PM

The KT is good. It could maybe use a slight buff to justify its price, but I feel it's far from useless. A lot of people feel the KT is useless and dies to easily, but imo these people are probably mis-using their KT. It's slow and vulnerable, use it to support your Panthers and P4s. It's not a main-line tank, if you charge it forth you will not be able to retreat it when USF Riflemen or SOV Conscripts kill its engine, and start hitting it with AT guns and TDs.

It doesn't have the range or power to justify its cost, if you lose your supporting tank, it becomes 280FU of dead weight. Its literally worthless as a tank. There is no situation where 2 PZIV or a PZV and Jagdpanzer IV isn't the better choice. Building it is a deathtrap. The only time it should be built is if you're at popcap, lose a tank and then lose your Flak-HT, but its never going to help you come back from that anyway.
16 Dec 2018, 00:05 AM

I think a health buff to 1400 HP is what is needed.
16 Dec 2018, 01:39 AM

after watching this how can you say KT needs buff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iet6Nk_ZFkk
16 Dec 2018, 02:12 AM

KT definitely needs a buff. Armor buff IMO.
I just destroyed 3 of them with a pair of jacksons, and the other dude was no fool. P47 helped too
16 Dec 2018, 04:13 AM

Oh yeah, one player got it to vet 4 using doctrinal buffs! Its fine now kappa.
16 Dec 2018, 05:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I must point out that Hellcats did not muster up a Firefly as a counter as soon as he saw the KT, nor did he position it correctly after he got it.

Also, it is true that Jove was using a KT buffed with Panzer Commander and HEAT shells.
16 Dec 2018, 07:25 AM

I don't think KT's perform match its price in this video. It tried so hard but still can't take out the Churchill AVRE. And it suffered from engine damage 5 or 6 times.
16 Dec 2018, 07:35 AM

I must point out that Hellcats did not muster up a Firefly as a counter as soon as he saw the KT, nor did he position it correctly after he got it.

Also, it is true that Jove was using a KT buffed with Panzer Commander and HEAT shells.

Elite Armored Doctrine has best Synchronization with KT. But the tricky part is Sturmtiger is disabled if you field a KT.
16 Dec 2018, 08:09 AM

Elite Armored Doctrine has best Synchronization with KT. But the tricky part is Sturmtiger is disabled if you field a KT.

Thats fine, sturmtiger sucks.
16 Dec 2018, 14:51 PM

Did you actually watch the video? Or did you just randomly choose a video in which someone used a King Tiger and coincidentally also won the game? Throughout the 25 mins it was on the field, the point was proven repeatedly that its scatter is/was horrendous. The KT spent numerous shots shooting the dirt, sometimes getting 0 models even at 10 range and stationary. It took forever to vet up even with HEAT rounds and Panzer Commander and constant sturmpio support. I watched it for more than 30 mins and it didn't wipe a single infantry squad. It never got a single one-shot decrew on any team weapon. His opponent didn't build a single tank destroyer until 20 mins after the KT was seen, and the first time he used the Firefly it was on its own at 20 range vs a vetted King Tiger.

And that's exactly the point - even in the hands of a player like Jove and with the right doctrine pick, AND with a passive opponent who didn't try to encircle/flank the KT with medium tanks OR try to build a tank destroyer to kite it at range, the KT achieved very little.

It won several 1v1 long-ranged fights against Cromwell and won a short range fight vs a Firefly, but that's something even a P4 can do. Not sure how winning a 20 range engagement vs a single vet 0 Firefly which didn't fire Tulips or trading max range stationary shots vs a single Cromwell is indicative of anything.

Panzer Commander giving it arty made it able to counter AT guns, but that'd have been true with the Panther or P4 anyway.
17 Dec 2018, 19:40 PM

It just needs some kind of buff versus infantry plain and simple. The pros/cons against armor I'm fine with and I'm even ok with the slow turret speed, but it is just way too ineffective against infantry. I find the OKW lacking in the late game AI department which the KT used to actually do well at, but now I find that's a huge hole for them.
17 Dec 2018, 19:54 PM

It just needs some kind of buff versus infantry plain and simple. The pros/cons against armor I'm fine with and I'm even ok with the slow turret speed, but it is just way too ineffective against infantry. I find the OKW lacking in the late game AI department which the KT used to actually do well at, but now I find that's a huge hole for them.

+1

OKW have 3 Tanks in the last tech building and 2 of them are TDs. Yes, the PAnther can kill a model here and there but the only reliable tank who can bully inf is the p4. OKW players should have to think twive if they build a second P4 or a JP4 or save the fuel for the KT but right now its in 90& of all games a no-brainer: Of course you dont go with the KT.
17 Dec 2018, 21:30 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

2 posts and this poster has me sold +1
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %