Login

russian armor

King Tiger - Is it worth buying?

PAGES (12)down
6 Dec 2018, 17:12 PM

You guys could just post a source for the speed your claiming, not that it means much in a game where tanks can't shoot more than 50 meters.
6 Dec 2018, 19:12 PM

The turret was driven by an electric rotary mechanism or manually. When the drive was in operation, the maximum rotation speed of the turret reached 2.4 turns per minute.
one source

The speed of rotation of the IS-2 turret was 13-16 ° per second, that is, 22-28 s was required for a full rotation of the turret. The electric drive allowed to turn the turret with the engine shut off and the tank roll to 15 °. The hand drive allowed the turret to be rotated at a roll of 8.3 ° with a force of 16 kgf. For comparison, the German heavy tanks had a hydraulic or manual turret drive. The speed of rotation of the turret hydraulically dependent on the number of revolutions of the engine (that is, when the engine was inactive, the hydraulic drive was useless), being in the range from 5 to 19 ° per second. Reports on studies of German heavy tanks in Kubinka claim that the hydraulic drive is complicated and cumbersome, and its management is inconvenient.
another source

What source ?
6 Dec 2018, 19:18 PM

What source ?

You see the word Kubinka - test reports, also from the book by I. Zheltov and others. Tanks IS. Combat use. And in all Russian sources it is these numbers. If the IS-2 is a Soviet tank, then most likely that Russian sources are truer than yours.
6 Dec 2018, 19:27 PM

You see the word Kubinka - test reports, also from the book by I. Zheltov and others. Tanks IS. Combat use. And in all Russian sources it is these numbers. If the IS-2 is a Soviet tank, then most likely that Russian sources are truer than yours.

1) Kubinka crap have deen disproved by Aberdeen tests and historians ages ago.
2) What tells me those are your source ? Link me those tests or a direct report, otherwise you could claim anything you want and pretend it is written somewhere.
All you did was copy paste a forum post, it can be seen a mile away.

Zaloga IS-2 Heavy Tank 1944-73

https://books.google.com/books/about/IS_2_Heavy_Tank_1944_73.html?hl=it&id=gHWICwAAQBAJ

8-11 degrees per second, depending on the turret model
6 Dec 2018, 19:59 PM

1) Kubinka crap have deen disproved by Aberdeen tests
2) What tells me those are your source ? Link me those tests or a direct report
All you did was copy paste a forum post, it can be seen a mile away.

Can you read Russian? And to be honest, I do not see the point in arguing with you that you will refute all the facts you have been given. I use Russian sources you use others. And they will be different.

You give me an example of a book of a foreigner, but this is a Soviet tank, in all Russian books 2.4 revolutions per minute are written. I have noticed for a long time incorrect data in the attitude of the Russian / Soviet weapons from foreign sources.
So for example, in all Foreign Sources, Fedorov’s Avtomat has 450 rounds per minute for technical documents and instructions for soldiers written during the First World War. It has 600 rounds per minute.
So sorry your info is bullshit.
6 Dec 2018, 20:15 PM

Can you read Russian? And to be honest, I do not see the point in arguing with you that you will refute all the facts you have been given. I use Russian sources you use others. And they will be different.

You give me an example of a book of a foreigner, but this is a Soviet tank, in all Russian books 2.4 revolutions per minute are written. I have noticed for a long time incorrect data in the attitude of the Russian / Soviet weapons from foreign sources.
So for example, in all Foreign Sources, Fedorov’s Avtomat has 450 rounds per minute for technical documents and instructions for soldiers written during the First World War. It has 600 rounds per minute.
So sorry your info is bullshit.

Of course "foreign sources" are incorrect and obscure russian site and wikipedia got it right.

I get it.
Thanks for the enlightment.
6 Dec 2018, 20:17 PM

Of course "foreign sources" are incorrect and obscure russian site and wikipedia got it right.

I get it.

This is what I said, no matter what I told you, you will deny everything.

Lower link is the book on page 22 you can see: 2.4 об/мин it means 2.4 revolutions per minute.
6 Dec 2018, 23:03 PM

KT works like an assault gun instead of a tank before vet 3. I think the small buff we need is move spearhead mod to vet 1, the rest is OK.
6 Dec 2018, 23:47 PM

I would liek to see spearhead at vet 1.i think that's a plenty reasonable direction.
7 Dec 2018, 06:01 AM

I'm not getting KT, because I don't like having most of my fuel concentrated into a singular unit(unless its JT). Panther does so much better and one thing I'd consider getting KT for, assisting vs infantry, it doesn't do. Same for IS-2(that moment when KV-2 is better then IS-2). I'm also aggressive in my playstyle, so slow units do not really cut it for me.

That is true. U can have 2 Pz4, or panther + Pz4 at almost same price, and it'll be much more useful.
7 Dec 2018, 07:43 AM

I get it.

Can you be any more ignorant?
7 Dec 2018, 10:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's try not to bash people when we present data that may be different from what you're accustomed to.

Likewise, keep an open mind to all information--treat it as plausible (or even true) unless proven wrong. Don't shoot it down just because it does not comply with your previously acquired knowledge.

Also, CoH2 is a game with historical flavor, not historical accuracy. I would argue that historical accuracy is not a very good reason to tweak game balance.

Try to stay on topic, and keep it civil.
7 Dec 2018, 12:11 PM

But once more: KT is less reasonable in much szenarios than a IS2. make it great again. it should be the lategame nondoc armor and infantery counter which OKW lacks.
7 Dec 2018, 13:04 PM

Let's try not to bash people when we present data that may be different from what you're accustomed to.

Likewise, keep an open mind to all information--treat it as plausible (or even true) unless proven wrong. Don't shoot it down just because it does not comply with your previously acquired knowledge.

Also, CoH2 is a game with historical flavor, not historical accuracy. I would argue that historical accuracy is not a very good reason to tweak game balance.

Try to stay on topic, and keep it civil.

Obviously the book of the most famous ww2 historian has no value compared to wikipedia RU and some unknown site.

Crecer is right tovarich.
7 Dec 2018, 13:05 PM

Can you be any more ignorant?

Reported
7 Dec 2018, 13:34 PM

The KT, only there to finish the game or give final push. Not to save your day.
7 Dec 2018, 13:52 PM

But once more: KT is less reasonable in much szenarios than a IS2. make it great again. it should be the lategame nondoc armor and infantery counter which OKW lacks.

The lack of armor-counter is that allii have so many 60range tank-hunters. That would be solved by reducing them to 55 range.

And AI... does OKW lack of AI?
7 Dec 2018, 15:46 PM

How to fix KT:
- adjust AOE of main gun to Brummbar profile and buff scatter a bit;
- lower veterancy requirements;
- remove Blitzkrieg, move Spearhead to vet 1, put (~)+30% faster turret rotation at vet 3.

These changes give reliable AI, change nothing regarding its natural counters, but make its vet more accessible and adress the biggest performance issue (turret traverse).

If after implementation, these changes prove to still not be quite enough:
- lower cost to somewhere around 650-700MP and 240-260FU.
7 Dec 2018, 16:29 PM

IS2 is a doc unit. So I think it is balanced that it is more reasonable than KT.
7 Dec 2018, 17:37 PM

Is there any real difference between more accuracy and less scatter?

It's a giant one, especially in scenarios where you are firing uphill for example, no matter how low scatter is it will always hit the ground, but if you roll a hit it won't stop on any objects until it hits the intended target.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS