Login

russian armor

Hell Let Loose 2019 Hype

30 Nov 2018, 15:44 PM

Foxhole is a RPG not a FPS. Not sure how good/bad it is. Post Scriptum looks like it´s straight out of early 2000s. All the games that I have experienced recently that used Unreal Engine had the same issues basically. I don´t think it´s all the devs fault either. What I am talking about is mostly bad looking graphics, clunky movement, bad netcode, bad optimisation/FPS/crashes etc... Battalion 1944, Days of War, ARK, PUBG, none of them make me think that UE4 is a good engine.

Foxhole, an RPG? I need to post this on the official discord server so the people there can have a laugh. It's a massive multiplayer game, not an RPG. You're a cog in the war that can die from the simplest shit just like that and there is no character development.

Anyhow about your examples, the first 2 are basically dead and the other 2 are too much mainstream games to count for anything, PUBG is falling in Fortnite's shadow and Ark isn't as hot after the whole debacle about it's DLC. Of course they're not stupid enough to waste time on the games when they've already made their money off of them.

On the other hand you can't show me another game that does at least 40v40 combat on a large 4x4km map all while having a shit ton of vehicles all beautifully rendered and having awesome sounds. I was in a Tiger multiple times and I can honestly tell you that it's been the most amazing game moment for a while now for me. I sadly can't record it but there are a lot of videos on YouTube of it. And yes, pretty much all of the early access Unreal engine games are unoptimized, it's to be expected, but even after release Unity engime games, like Verdun, still had a shit performance at least until recently. So again you're just bashing unreal for no reason at all so I don't see a point in arguing with you any longer.
30 Nov 2018, 15:59 PM

Foxhole, an RPG? I need to post this on the official discord server so the people there can have a laugh. It's a massive multiplayer game, not an RPG. You're a cog in the war that can die from the simplest shit just like that and there is no character development.

Anyhow about your examples, the first 2 are basically dead and the other 2 are too much mainstream games to count for anything, PUBG is falling in Fortnite's shadow and Ark isn't as hot after the whole debacle about it's DLC. Of course they're not stupid enough to waste time on the games when they've already made their money off of them.

On the other hand you can't show me another game that does at least 40v40 combat on a large 4x4km map all while having a shit ton of vehicles all beautifully rendered and having awesome sounds. I was in a Tiger multiple times and I can honestly tell you that it's been the most amazing game moment for a while now for me. I sadly can't record it but there are a lot of videos on YouTube of it. And yes, pretty much all of the early access Unreal engine games are unoptimized, it's to be expected, but even after release Unity engime games, like Verdun, still had a shit performance at least until recently. So again you're just bashing unreal for no reason at all so I don't see a point in arguing with you any longer.

I watched Post Scriptum gameplay and I am honestly not sure how someone could play this in 2018. As I said before. Your cute story about sitting in a Tiger wont change that, I am sorry. It´s just not a good game objectively. Sure if you are a WW2 fan it might still be worth playing for a while but you could say that about a lot of games.

And why are Battalion and Days of War dead? It´s because they are bad, which again proves my point. And what does "being mainstream" have to do with anything? I listed a ton of games that all have the same issues while sharing the same engine. It doesn´t matter whether they are popular games or not.

And who seriously gives a shit about Foxhole? The game is so niche that not knowing what genre it belongs to is to be expected.
8 Dec 2018, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2018, 01:00 AMThamor
Makes me remember Red Orchestra games. Was fun times playing those.

It still is.
8 Dec 2018, 14:09 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I loved forgotten Hope 1.0-2.0 they're still alive. Although need BF2.

FH for BF1942 is the best WW2 game of all time. :D
10 Dec 2018, 03:14 AM

Looks good i hope they will add character customization like in bf 5 and solo campagin about black soldiers and womens in army because its trending right now and pretend that east front dont exist and war started in 1942

I wish all movies and games and books about WW2 be about clones of white man
with blue eyes and blond hair. The americans, the british, the germans, the italians
and the Africans. And they'd all have the same body and the same face and the same voice
and the same gestures.

<444>3
10 Dec 2018, 06:17 AM

I wish all movies and games and books about WW2 be about clones of white man
with blue eyes and blond hair. The americans, the british, the germans, the italians
and the Africans. And they'd all have the same body and the same face and the same voice
and the same gestures.

<444>3

I'll ask you politely about not posting anymore of that SJW shit here. This game is based on history and most of the fighting was done by white men, not cyborg women and black soldiers. Of course I have all of the respect in the world for the 761st Tank Battalion and the 422nd as well as the rest of the "foreigners" that fought for a segregated Army but they still weren't as numerous and this is not the place to discuss it.
10 Dec 2018, 11:28 AM

I'll ask you politely about not posting anymore of that SJW shit here. This game is based on history and most of the fighting was done by white men, not cyborg women and black soldiers. Of course I have all of the respect in the world for the 761st Tank Battalion and the 422nd as well as the rest of the "foreigners" that fought for a segregated Army but they still weren't as numerous and this is not the place to discuss it.

No, I agreed with you that the entire world and game population should be male and white
with the same face. There's no room in this world for difference.

That was the point of the Clone Wars, wasn't it?
That was the point of slaughtering the Irish, as well. Freckles and Red hair, ugh.
Green eyes!

Give me blue eyed blondes any day. Middle aged. Male. Sigh

10 Dec 2018, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2018, 14:09 PMnigo

FH for BF1942 is the best WW2 game of all time. :D

Agreed! :)
10 Dec 2018, 11:50 AM

I watched Post Scriptum gameplay and I am honestly not sure how someone could play this in 2018. As I said before. Your cute story about sitting in a Tiger wont change that, I am sorry. It´s just not a good game objectively. Sure if you are a WW2 fan it might still be worth playing for a while but you could say that about a lot of games.

And why are Battalion and Days of War dead? It´s because they are bad, which again proves my point. And what does "being mainstream" have to do with anything? I listed a ton of games that all have the same issues while sharing the same engine. It doesn´t matter whether they are popular games or not.

And who seriously gives a shit about Foxhole? The game is so niche that not knowing what genre it belongs to is to be expected.

Agreed about Post Scriptum :
If it's only enjoyable when you sit atop a Tiger... there's a problem. Refunded

As for Foxhole :
Tried it, didn't like it. Refunded.

More excited about Gaijin's enlisted :)
10 Dec 2018, 18:19 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Agreed! :)

I have the best memories from the WOLF server. Best teamplay there.
12 Dec 2018, 04:26 AM

Not much pointing arguing with a person who only picks some of the worst run games on UE4 to make an example of in my opinion. All of which are 100% at the fault of the developers and not the engine.

UE4 also is used by Fortnite, Gears 4, Squad, and Hellblade. All of which run very well and are all good games. 3 of the 4 have solid looking graphics and Fortnite literally runs on anything.

In my opinion, using UE4 is a plus considering how versatile and accessible the engine is. Alteast with that we know the engine won't be a steaming pile of broken shit.
12 Dec 2018, 11:50 AM

Fortnite is made by EPIC. It's their baby. It's their engine.
It's also their product.

Making a game that makes massive money is an accident.
... Esp since they're an engine company.

A happy accident.
PubG went to court over it, hehe :)
5 Jun 2019, 11:01 AM
5 Jun 2019, 11:36 AM

red orchestra is better

Red Orchestra started out as a niche and indie title but I'd say has reached triple A polish state, this is something like it on steroids and is an indie title so they'll hopefully work out the kinks, still tho it promises to be much bigger and deeper than RO. Only time will truly tell.
5 Jun 2019, 20:14 PM

We should ALL know by now that graphics in 2019 does not make the game. I hope the game play is very fluid and OPTIMIZED before I buy (looking at you World War 3).
5 Jun 2019, 20:19 PM

We should ALL know by now that graphics in 2019 does not make the game. I hope the game play is very fluid and OPTIMIZED before I buy (looking at you World War 3).

Agreed, I had that mindset before as well when I played Battlefield 1942, it's dated 2002 graphics didn't bother me one bit as long as it's experience and gameplay was good.
6 Jun 2019, 14:46 PM

Agreed, I had that mindset before as well when I played Battlefield 1942, it's dated 2002 graphics didn't bother me one bit as long as it's experience and gameplay was good.

It's why I still played Battlefield 2 : Forgotten hope 2 and Red Orchestra 2.
Crossing Fingers.I don't want another Post Scriptum :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %