Login

russian armor

About Katyusha's vet1

30 Nov 2018, 13:23 PM

I don't actually remember the Katy with Supression, must have been a bit before windustry (hard drive exploded) but regardless I think it would fit now
The game has changed so much that even the 221 would find itself a role now

Anti blob measures need to be buffed IMHO. They do keep getting nerfed which I don't understand. Things like the demo could have easily had their models capped like mines to remove the squad wipe capabilities but keep it a massive manpower bleeder. Mgs should be more resilient in frontal assaults (better bonus from cover?) even small and risky things like the OST vet 1 sniper round are used to punish blobs and now it's a joke. I swear they actually WANT blobs but for the life of me I can't figure out why...

As rocket arty goes I think Supression on them all is actually a reasonable direction and the Salvo style of allied rockets could use a wider AOE and less damage to make sure that the area they hit isn't an RNG fest whereits wipe or no damage at all
I really think the pwerfer is the most consistent rocket arty and the stuka could probably benifit from an AOE realignment as well: everything in the targeted strip should take some damage imo but the hard wipes are pretty frustrating.

Blob counters don't need to be wipes either, just punishing for blobs. Lots of damage would work really well if there wasn't AOE heals that effectively promote blobbing and reduce the effect of large AOE less damage hits.

Idk. But for now I think Supression as a vet 1 ability that costs munitions and deals less damage would be a damn fine way to make up for the ineffective Maxim in the late game and more suited to blob control. Every faction should have a wide AOE option in the late game to dissuade and punish this kind of behavior. It might not be a problem in the highest levels of play, but for the remaining 99% of players it's a plauge and has honestly cost the player base.
30 Nov 2018, 13:33 PM

It's close to useless now.

So useless that it's seen in every single high level 1v1 and 2v2 game, and in 2s there's usually even two per player.
30 Nov 2018, 13:58 PM

So useless that it's seen in every single high level 1v1 and 2v2 game, and in 2s there's usually even two per player.

Its not like there is an alternative you know.

When maxim was close to useless it still was being spammed, because cons were even more useless and penals still without rework were not worth it at all.

Just because a unit is being used doesn't mean its good.
And there is plenty of units, especially in sov and ost rosters that thanks to useless pos vet1 ability might have just as well only 2 vet stars.
30 Nov 2018, 17:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I would just say give the Katyusha creeping barrage a large number of incendiary rockets that deal 10-20 damage on detonation with slightly more powerful Molotov dots meant to deny territory. No cost as your trading out raw power on the rockets.
30 Nov 2018, 18:02 PM

We must look wider. Most Soviet 1st level veteran are useless.
Capturing points for tanks is a useless ability. This ability must be for a fast tank without veterancy (T-70, T-34-76 / 85) and have a new unique 1st level veterancy ability. For a heavy tank, another new unique 1st level of veterancy is needed or even two.
Katyusha 1st level veteran? Absolutely useless and never use.
30 Nov 2018, 18:25 PM

We must look wider. Most Soviet 1st level veteran are useless.
Capturing points for tanks is a useless ability. This ability must be for a fast tank without veterancy (T-70, T-34-76 / 85) and have a new unique 1st level veterancy ability. For a heavy tank, another new unique 1st level of veterancy is needed or even two.
Katyusha 1st level veteran? Absolutely useless and never use.

Some of the old vet abilities are useless but not all of them. Cap territory is plenty fine on anything that isn't a heavy tank, but there's no reason in hell it should be on an IS-2 or KV-2 and the new inspire ability isn't suited to the kv-2 like it is the kv-8 (should be on the kv-1 too if you ask me to firther diversify it from the t34s) Katy's is useless, ml-20 gets +1 shell which is alright I guess (better than the never used creeping barrage) but kinda underwhelming. B4 is hot garbage.... Some are good others suck.
30 Nov 2018, 18:34 PM

Vet 1 Propaganda Arty Barrage for maximum lulz and trolling :D
30 Nov 2018, 18:52 PM

I like to use my abilities as much as I can, but I've only used the tank capture ability like 4 times.

The reasoning is this: As your tanks have no armor (except for heavies) you end up with damaged tanks at the end of a successfull breathrough, so you have to fix them with your engies. Do it on a capture point and you are both repairing and caping.
30 Nov 2018, 19:53 PM

I would just say give the Katyusha creeping barrage a large number of incendiary rockets that deal 10-20 damage on detonation with slightly more powerful Molotov dots meant to deny territory. No cost as your trading out raw power on the rockets.

I personally like this as it gives it some utility instead of just damage +/-. I am a fan of utility.

I like to use my abilities as much as I can, but I've only used the tank capture ability like 4 times.

The reasoning is this: As your tanks have no armor (except for heavies) you end up with damaged tanks at the end of a successfull breathrough, so you have to fix them with your engies. Do it on a capture point and you are both repairing and caping.

This has contributed to winning some games when it was a VP mess (enemy down to 1 VP but their army is stronger, so losing the point = losing the game effectively).

Often, in team games, players get clustered around one VP and so they will have an HMG, bunker, fighting position, or hidden infantry unit (commando, falls, etc.) guarding a side VP. In those cases, a tank can cap it and keep it far better than an infantry unit that, once suppressed, can no longer hold it.
30 Nov 2018, 20:23 PM

I love that idea.

Current creebing barrage is just regular barrage, with cost, and very minor control over the place where the rockets land.
1 Dec 2018, 12:38 PM

maybe add a anti-tank warhead barrage with low area ?
1 Dec 2018, 15:01 PM

DONT BUFF A ALREADY GOOD UNIT FFS>. Seriously the last thing we need is more rocket arty.
1 Dec 2018, 15:12 PM

DONT BUFF A ALREADY GOOD UNIT FFS>. Seriously the last thing we need is more rocket arty.

Fixing vet 1 ability is not necessarily a buff, it is a improvement of the game. In the end of they day if a vet ability proves too strong one a slightly nerf the unit's vet bonuses to compensate.

Useful abilities and vet bonuses according to role is an improvement for the game and should be made for all units.

One could and/or improve abilities already there via veterancy. For instance R.E. "volley fire" penalties could be reduce with each vet level.
1 Dec 2018, 18:20 PM

This doesn't even make sense. Nobody uses the vet 1 atm so if it was replaced with something that is even situational then all it will do is add diversity.
1 Dec 2018, 18:41 PM

Its not about buffing the unit, its about giving it vet1 that isn't just regular barrage, but with cost aka useful, non redundant, trolly vet.
2 Dec 2018, 05:01 AM

Not fire, there needs to be less fire in this game.

What about an over-watch ability, similar to Brits in CoH 1,

You mark an area and upon enemy troops entering, it automatically fires a barrage, which doesn't put your main barrage on cooldown (to stop it being baited easily)
2 Dec 2018, 09:31 AM

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I said. My point is that by making the ability useful, we buff the unit because the current ability is shit. That's something we don't want to do. Katusha is already good, don't give it another good ability.
2 Dec 2018, 10:03 AM

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I said. My point is that by making the ability useful, we buff the unit because the current ability is shit. That's something we don't want to do. Katusha is already good, don't give it another good ability.

It does need to be useful because that is quite literally the entire point of fucking vet. You keep the unit alive and you get rewarded. "the Katy is good so it should only hava 2 levels of vet" is Ludacris. All units should have functional and rewarding vet no exceptions. If the unit is found to be over performing the very poor raw stats can be nerfed but they should have functioning vet. And the Katy hardly overperforms as a final tier glass cannon that costs the same as the Soviet tank. Ost can dive 222 after it and okw can cap a Rak.
2 Dec 2018, 10:26 AM

(psst, come over here, I'll tell you a secret)

2 Dec 2018, 20:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

(psst, come over here, I'll tell you a secret)

Unce upon a time, there was a unit which by gaining vet, you made it worse. Why? It was the only unit which could gain vet and didn't receive any benefit at all as it gained vet, but it gave more xp to the enemy.

Another idea for vet 1 ability.

-Identical stats to the normal barrage.

-Only fires 2 volleys instead of 4.

-2/3 of the cooldown from the normal barrage.

-Affected by vet. Small muni cost.

You trade fire volume for more constant smaller barrages at the expense of munition as well.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★