Login

russian armor

About Katyusha's vet1

2 Dec 2018, 21:58 PM

-2/3 of the cooldown from the normal barrage.

You trade fire volume for more constant smaller barrages

I think all artillery and rocket artillery should have 'strategic' use, i.e. to support your army before/during/after an attack or to repulse an enemy assault. Instead of constantly spamming it all over the map. Artillery wars are not fun to play. IMO all indirect fire should lose the cooldown veterancy bonusses.
3 Dec 2018, 07:55 AM

Unce upon a time, there was a unit which by gaining vet, you made it worse. Why? It was the only unit which could gain vet and didn't receive any benefit at all as it gained vet, but it gave more xp to the enemy.

Another idea for vet 1 ability.

-Identical stats to the normal barrage.

-Only fires 2 volleys instead of 4.

-2/3 of the cooldown from the normal barrage.

-Affected by vet. Small muni cost.

You trade fire volume for more constant smaller barrages at the expense of munition as well.

Interesting idea, but may be quite op in 4v4s where you can do min range barrage with less risk than in smaller game modes. Min range barrage, if executed well, quite often ends up with squad wipe, especially if you have at least something for follow up (at least 1 inf squad around).

And most of the time you don't need more than 2 volleys, often you even need only 1 because enemy reacts with retreat. So basically with this ability you will lose nothing but gain 2/3 cooldown for muni price.

If this would stack with vet 2 cooldown reduction I'd use the shit out of this ability.
5 Dec 2018, 13:09 PM

Maybe we should keep creeping barrage, but make it shoot faster, like 3-4 secs to fire all rockets? It's like a blitz strike to enemy team weapons, not likely to wipe, but likely to cause chaos))
6 Dec 2018, 02:00 AM
Patrion 27

I would take faster acceleration over the useless vet 1 we have now.
6 Dec 2018, 03:11 AM

I think the katy is exactly where it should be. It's unreliable, but it has the potential to wipe at longer ranges than most rocket arty.

Individually those rockets are ferocious compared to others, they're just spaced out in intervals. The lucky hits you can get at long range justify the randomness
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight