Login

russian armor

Let's speak about OST AT mine

PAGES (8)down
27 Nov 2018, 22:09 PM

Demos were broken, tellers are arguably not. Still, I think it would be fine to make tellers do a little less damage while perhaps giving heavy engine damage so LV can survive initial impact and possibly escape but will be easily finished off if fausts or any AT is nearby. This would give Allied players at least a chance to save their vehicles and require the Axis players to make an effort for the 1-2 punch rather than letting the teller do all the work.

.... Say this in the beginning next time. I had stated numerous times I already thought demos were OP.

Telling me that that I was calling for a Teller nerf "just" because of demos when I've been literally been asking everyone to tell me why 380 damage would ruin it is pretty lame. That's about as straightforward of a balance claim as I can make.
27 Nov 2018, 22:15 PM

I literally did exactly that. I rest my case.

Although I do not think tellers should OHK light vehicles, this argument has been rebuked many times before by the fact that the counters to demos and to tellers are not equal. For the teller mines you'd need one sweeper squad to accompany your one light vehicle, which is doable. Demos on the other hand couldn't be countered 100% because there would be 2-4 squads running around for every 1 sweeper squad.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/84240/let-s-speak-about-ost-at-mine/post/710664
27 Nov 2018, 22:32 PM

I literally did exactly that. I rest my case.

That was before our conversation, and why then did you decide to quote me in the first place? We disagreed over semantics, essentially agreed over the main point.....
27 Nov 2018, 23:32 PM

Just because demos were primarily used against infantry does not mean they couldnt be used against light vehicles. Fairly sure if you had line of sight over your demo and the enemy drove a flametrack over it, you could pop the demo and one shot it- 200mp, 30fuel, 90 munition vehicle.

So with demo you needed to sweep both for infantry AND vehicles.
28 Nov 2018, 00:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2018, 23:32 PMSerrith

So with demo you needed to sweep both for infantry AND vehicles.

Everybody has to sweep for their vehicles. Losing your engine is enough of a threat that you should sweep regardless, because of mines.

Hence the entire point of my argument. The teller will be FAR from useless if it does just 20 fewer damage.

A medium tank that gets snared by infantry with 75% health is in danger. A light tank with 20hp left and the same engine crit will be easy to finish. The point is that it will at least take SOMETHING to finish it off.
28 Nov 2018, 01:16 AM

Aaaand /thread

Until the last model of an AT gun flees from the battlefield and triggers them costing 60mu and a squad that is already dead...
28 Nov 2018, 01:28 AM
28 Nov 2018, 07:06 AM

Daily reminder that we got Soviet demo nerfed because it wiped 250 MP squads for a little ammo price but its bad for ostheer mines to one shot kill 70FU 260? Light vehicles. And both had the same counterplay

You just dont get tired of whining, dont you? You actually love to flame in these forums...

To OP:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/83749/insta-kill-mines
https://www.coh2.org/topic/83161/teller-mines-and-ohks

Read that first, this topic was already discussed
Also, mineplay "is not that simple" as you picture, try OST first.

Finally, OST is muni-intensive faction, mines are not "cheap" as you say, maybe for SU or USF 60 muni means nothing, but its not the same on every other faction.

28 Nov 2018, 07:14 AM

Usf isn't muni heavy? They have the same 60mu upgrade as Ost does.... But x2. I'm confused
28 Nov 2018, 07:27 AM

Usf isn't muni heavy? They have the same 60mu upgrade as Ost does.... But x2. I'm confused

USF is muni heavy too, what i meant is, 60 muni for a single BAR upgrade, although they are expensive, they are (bare with me) ""AFFORDABLE"". That or consider that upgrade a really good investment.
Maybe i expressed myself badly, my mistake.
28 Nov 2018, 07:48 AM

The demo was to cheap and thus spammable. The price should have been nerfed to 120 or 150 muni and maybe being spotted from a smaller distance then currently.
The demo was royaly over nerfed because axis players had to make a bigger effort when taking a point. Because the demo was made as good as usselles you get the cry for teller ohk nerf.

The teller ohk,s any light vehicle and is not triggered by infantry is not to expensive and manual input for detonation is not required.

Lowering its damage so it leaves the lv with a sliver of health and engine damage makes follow up neccesary is not unresonable and doesnt make it usseles. (axis have plenty at options to do this) and gives the allies a small chance to save their light vehicle.
28 Nov 2018, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2018, 11:15 AMNot
This beautiful thing can kill any light vehicle by letting them press on them. And this is just for 50 munitions. Why that easy for OST? Are there any factions that can destroy Axis vehicles so easy? I can imagine wehraboos crying that without their vehicle it will be GG. Just play allies and watch how one mine destroying half of your army capabilities in early-mid game.

#1: like the m20 mine does?

#2: and it gets even better: your allied Engi can defuse it with the incresdible invest of 35 muni. and wven multiple times!

#3: sure thing, then give us an invisible anti infantry mine too and not that mine warning signs you can detect as a blind person+

#4: playercard pls

#5: /thread
28 Nov 2018, 12:15 PM

It's fine. An all or nothing trade. It's a gambling, 1 less lmg for 1 possible kill is a fair trade.
Heavy mine functions as TNT.
Cheap mine functions as way blocker protect flanks or cover the reteart.
They are different and no need to be the same.
Not
28 Nov 2018, 13:19 PM

People are saying that OST is munitions heavy, huh. I already told that allies have to pay with fuel and mp to just allow them to buy other weapons. Best planted mine is a defensive one, that you couldn't always discover with a sweeper. I don't see a reason for a damage drop off, if you army is just nearby by the mine.
28 Nov 2018, 13:50 PM

If ostheer or okw got their luchs/222 one shot by soviet mines they would lose their shit lol
i guess if green were 6 man the soviet would lose their shit too
28 Nov 2018, 14:28 PM

i guess if green were 6 man the soviet would lose their shit too

And yet, no one ever complained about osttruppen, pfussiliers or new 5th man for grens men count.
28 Nov 2018, 14:43 PM

BOTH ost mines are frigging broken, I have been saying this for years now.

Tellers are 50 munis and one shot vehicles (even mediums since they lose half their health meaning that anything can finish them off really fast)
S-mines costs 15 (FIFTEEN) for 4 mines that deals massive damage to squads and potentially wiping them. Not only that they are planted super fast and cover a big space, and trying to defuse these mines can potentially wipe your infantry since one mortar or something will set all mines off killing your engies.

Also, Teller mines STILL wipes infantry, I lost a game last week as USF because a 222 hit a teller wiping 2 rifleman that were flanking a MG, they are basically demo-charges with no triggers.
28 Nov 2018, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 14:43 PMzerocoh
BOTH ost mines are frigging broken, I have been saying this for years now.

Tellers are 50 munis and one shot vehicles (even mediums since they lose half their health meaning that anything can finish them off really fast)
S-mines costs 15 (FIFTEEN) for 4 mines that deals massive damage to squads and potentially wiping them...

I guess you also think that soviet PMD AI mines for 7 mu are also broken and trip wire flares.
28 Nov 2018, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 14:28 PMKatitof

And yet, no one ever complained about osttruppen, pfussiliers or new 5th man for grens men count.
i said 6 men GREEN as the same stats cuase that's what he wants, the teller mine but without the draw back of not having a light tank
Not
28 Nov 2018, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 14:50 PMVipper

I guess you also think that soviet PMD AI mines for 7 mu are also broken and trip wire flares.
Trip wires are situational, as well as cheap 7 muni mines being locked in a shittie commander.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS