Login

russian armor

How to report homophobia on Chat?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
25 Nov 2018, 00:27 AM

If someone say something offensive to a certain player sexuality, how Can I report it?

I wont accept insults and harassments on coh2. I will make sure to report every single minor or grand-aggressions.

As a read suggestion, take a look at a 'brother' who also suffers from all the hate that some of you support.

https://www.destructoid.com/without-rampant-homophobia-in-online-gaming-i-might-forget-i-m-gay-462822.phtml

25 Nov 2018, 07:57 AM

How about instead of being a special cupcake you just ignore them, you yourself said that you forget that you're gay as well so I see no reason in just trying to pick a fight with anybody on the internet that says something even remotely "insulting" to you.

I was called a cock sucker a few days ago by some neanderthal as well but you don't see me crying to mommy or going to war because of it.

Suck it up and forget about it, you are not going to change anyone's mind on whether or not to use insults, just ignore it because you are not doing anything else but proving that you're a special snowflake.
25 Nov 2018, 08:05 AM

i dont see how your opponent would know if you are normal or gay or lesbian or something else. so his insults are simple gamers talk and not homophobia.
25 Nov 2018, 09:34 AM

How about instead of being a special cupcake you just ignore them, you yourself said that you forget that you're gay as well so I see no reason in just trying to pick a fight with anybody on the internet that says something even remotely "insulting" to you.

I was called a cock sucker a few days ago by some neanderthal as well but you don't see me crying to mommy or going to war because of it.

Suck it up and forget about it, you are not going to change anyone's mind on whether or not to use insults, just ignore it because you are not doing anything else but proving that you're a special snowflake.

I'm very against the current PC culture in general, and pro-freedom of speech, but I also don't think it really helps to call people "cupcakes" and "snowflakes" like this.

There's a reasonable middle ground that we have right now. Insults or outbursts of anger ("minor aggressions" as the OP calls it) should certainly just be ignored as that's part of being human. On the other hand if someone is going on giant hate-filled rants or spamming racist / sexist / etc. stuff for the entire game, report them to Sturmpanther, they'll rightfully get a ban.
25 Nov 2018, 10:58 AM

you can upload the replay in the replay saction and tag it with toxic player. Sturmpanther will handle then this
25 Nov 2018, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned

There's a word for people like you : Enablers. People like you allow homophobia to exist and us not advancing into colonizing mars because we are so set back and not progressive. If we lived in a cave u would probably call Grugg a snowflake for discovering fire aswell
25 Nov 2018, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2018, 09:34 AMEuan

I'm very against the current PC culture in general, and pro-freedom of speech, but I also don't think it really helps to call people "cupcakes" and "snowflakes" like this.

There's a reasonable middle ground that we have right now. Insults or outbursts of anger ("minor aggressions" as the OP calls it) should certainly just be ignored as that's part of being human. On the other hand if someone is going on giant hate-filled rants or spamming racist / sexist / etc. stuff for the entire game, report them to Sturmpanther, they'll rightfully get a ban.

Would you rather I called him a teacher's pet? Because I was like him once, a long time ago. I was told that violence doesn't resolve anything, and I learned the hard way that that wasn't so when the teachers didn't really care and that I was treated as an outsider by the others when they learned about it. So I was forced to use my fists, when I got in trouble because of that I was advised to talk it out instead, when that failed as well it became pretty obvious that it was a no-win situation whatever I did, if I ignored them I was seen as weak as well.

So in the end it's best if you just use a combination of these to stay out of trouble in real life, here on the internet it's best to just ignore them since they can't hurt you physically, being "offended" by something is in turn being considered the weakest thing here instead. Going into a fight over it will just land you in trouble as well and won't resolve anything either.

So yes, people are retards no matter what, so it's better to just ignore them rather than indulging in the same acts or trying to ban them, you never know when you might meet that same person again only for them to cast their vengeance on you over some stupid shit somewhere else.

And just for the record, this is all coming from experience, I'm not making up anything here.
25 Nov 2018, 11:33 AM

There's a word for people like you : Enablers. People like you allow homophobia to exist and us not advancing into colonizing mars because we are so set back and not progressive. If we lived in a cave u would probably call Grugg a snowflake for discovering fire aswell

Is there a reason for me to remind you that you are on some fan forums for a WW2 based game where that was the norm there? Do you think for one second that people like Patton, Rommel, John Wayne and many others back then would consider this something normal?

There were such people back then as well and if they just kept quiet about it and nobody knew they were not bothered so I see no point in trying to be special by getting out on the street and yelling "I AM GAY" and expecting to receive praises. You are not special and nobody cares, just because we live in a liberal society doesn't mean that everyone accepts everything, people are different and there's nothing wrong with that but if you try to get in someone else's face with your shit don't be surprised if you get a slap instead of a praise.

And it's ironic you're trying to make out science as something progressive when we landed on Mars because of the Nazis, and the Nazis are probably not really progressive in your people's opinions I'm betting, but you probably didn't do your homework on history so no surprise there about that.
25 Nov 2018, 11:38 AM

It looks like you don’t see the difference between social progress and scientific progress.
25 Nov 2018, 11:41 AM

I will make sure to report every single minor or grand-aggressions.

I'l not sure what he said to you, but imo he nailed it right on spot, even though he probably didn't even mean what he said.

25 Nov 2018, 11:55 AM

I observe (through media) lots of funny individuals among US and western Europe population lately. They being offended by every stupid thing that they hear from other anonymous person somewhere in the internet.

Is it kind of new trend among young generation?

If your culture has developed some form of behavior over past decade and accepted it as a norm you can't expect whole internet to magically start follwing it.

So my suggestion is to harden the fuck up.
25 Nov 2018, 12:02 PM
Donator 11

I hope you guys know that no matter what kind of forum this is, it has its rules that are being enforced just here, not in the whole of internet. And one of the rules forbids homophobic posts. I would suggest reading all of them before tensing your internet muscles against the OP.

Yes, people being offended by everything these days is a serious problem. But you don't even know if that is the case here. Or is the replay up already?
25 Nov 2018, 12:36 PM

I observe (through media) lots of funny individuals among US and western Europe population lately. They being offended by every stupid thing that they hear from other anonymous person somewhere in the internet.

Is it kind of new trend among young generation?

If your culture has developed some form of behavior over past decade and accepted it as a norm you can't expect whole internet to magically start follwing it.

So my suggestion is to harden the fuck up.

It's a new trend there yes, we're facing a new kind of pussy generation.
25 Nov 2018, 13:19 PM

Sorry for the offtopic, but couple of words about the article OP brought up with him.

Does guy in it want to forget that he IS gay and live ordinary, usual live, "as we all do" %insert_JoJoke_here%, or does he want to stay gay? I cant really understand it. On one hand, he almost forgets that he is gay due to daily routine - and that shows us that he does not really care about it, it is O.K for both him and people around him - but on the other he is triggerd by the very first random kiddo on the internet.

Thats the question.

As for the question - record the game, post replay here, call Sturmpanther in, rinse-repeat.
As for MY PERSONAL OPINION - world is a harsh, unbalanced place at most. Sometimes "you gotta do, what you gotta do", you can't just let your own anger and frustration boil inside you, slowly burning you out, and then you are "letting steam off", by attacking the Thing, that, in you mind, caused your stress, when it might be completely opposite.
Also, let's not forget, how strongly author of said arcitle concentrating on childern and teenagers - all the time they are those, who are trying to insult you.
BTW, this fact is not based on their lack of knowledge or their parents - more on their friends and surroundings. They are cool -> They are talking that way to bad people -> I can do the very same thing with same results to look like them and act like them!

Sorry for offtopic again. I'm kinda into psycology, so...
25 Nov 2018, 14:01 PM

People should be more careful on what they say to others and especially what the type.

If one rages about something that happened in the game or in the forum he has every right to scream his lungs out in the privacy of his home and vent out.

Going to the keyboard and typing insults to other people he knows nothing about is another story. It a deliberate decision and it is simply a wrong one.
25 Nov 2018, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2018, 11:38 AMNebaka

It looks like you don’t see the difference between social progress and scientific progress.

You dont really understand that these two are connected.

It's kinda sad to see so many hate posts in here. I didnt believe we would have this kind of hate in 2018.
25 Nov 2018, 15:25 PM

Permanently Banned

Is there a reason for me to remind you that you are on some fan forums for a WW2 based game where that was the norm there? Do you think for one second that people like Patton, Rommel, John Wayne and many others back then would consider this something normal?

There were such people back then as well and if they just kept quiet about it and nobody knew they were not bothered so I see no point in trying to be special by getting out on the street and yelling "I AM GAY" and expecting to receive praises. You are not special and nobody cares, just because we live in a liberal society doesn't mean that everyone accepts everything, people are different and there's nothing wrong with that but if you try to get in someone else's face with your shit don't be surprised if you get a slap instead of a praise.

And it's ironic you're trying to make out science as something progressive when we landed on Mars because of the Nazis, and the Nazis are probably not really progressive in your people's opinions I'm betting, but you probably didn't do your homework on history so no surprise there about that.

How are you even dragging nazis to this? Progress is progress and social and scientific progress is tied to each other no matter how you try to twist it. Or why are the most liberal countries the most progressed and best in the world aswell? Not America of course. And I don't recall nazis landing on mars or moon from my history books, I guess this is some alternative timeline u live on. Last I recall it was the USSR that even went to space first and Americans then faked a moonlanding to look special. You just think it's actually okay to act homophobic and want to drag others back with you in your backwards thinking, and nobody ever said anything about telling them ure gay or making a point about it ingame, reading comprehension. Ure also strawmanning too hard, its quite obnoxious. And the fact that you think it's okay to consciously make the decision to write these hate filled messages especially against sexual minorities is astonishing and you enable this very way of hateful thinking and letting them vent it. Except, when people like you let it slide and enable these people it gets worse. it's like people laughing at Hitler being a bad painter and an idiot and shrugging him off as a joke. Or how the allied nations just shrugged off Hitler taking some land here and there and building an army, if you want to go by the context of WW 2. Or if u want a modern example take Trump. People just laughed him off as a joke and thought he would never win and here we are now where foreign presidents have to come out and call Trump out on his bullshit and America is the laughing stock of the world. Sit down and think next time.

also idk why you millenials are talking about "this new generation". Lmao, you're not boomers or something ,stop acting like youre on some moral highground or something because ure 21 instead of 19.

I bet next time you see someone get attacked in the street for being a homosexual or something else u just walk past and go " heh... i had to defend myself when i was 15 so its okay, stop being a snowflake".
25 Nov 2018, 15:27 PM

This post is what makes the internet so toxic.
You think are so smart writing 3 paragraphs of nonsense. But in reality, most of us, especially the ones who arent posting but just reading, just think you are a toxic/insecure and filled with hate, child.

Nobody is going in game yelling "im gay". Instead players are going in game yelling insults towards gays. And if you fail to acknowledge that, well, then MAYBE just MAYBE, check your privileges.

Its kinda sad to read all that.

TBH, im just thinking if the next generation will be better than this one... You call others "neanderthals" but your toxicity doesnt really make you any better?
25 Nov 2018, 15:28 PM

I think the question here is "how do I report abusive chat?" which nobody so far has answered.

I guarantee if this devolves into an online political discussion it's going to get nowhere. Such dicussions require a degree of maturity on all sides that is rarely found amongst strangers on the internet.
25 Nov 2018, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2018, 15:28 PMLago
I think the question here is "how do I report abusive chat?" which nobody so far has answered.

I guarantee if this devolves into an online political discussion it's going to get nowhere. Such dicussions require a degree of maturity on all sides that is rarely found amongst strangers on the internet.

You are correct. Theres also the point that most people here will be aggro because they are behind computers.

In anyway, I was really hoping to bring light into this issue and see if we could find a streamline way to report these aggressions.

PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 83
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak