Login

russian armor

USF 1v1 Commander loadout

24 Nov 2018, 18:25 PM

Which Commanders are good to have in my loadout for 1v1?
24 Nov 2018, 18:49 PM

Pershing
24 Nov 2018, 18:55 PM

High level USF is typically Heavy Cavalry, and it's always one you want there: it's USF's Spec Ops/Mobile Defence comeback commander.
24 Nov 2018, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 18:55 PMLago
High level USF is typically Heavy Cavalry, and it's always one you want there: it's USF's Spec Ops/Mobile Defence comeback commander.

Except from Heavy Cavalry, what else? I am currently running Mechanized and Armor, but i'm not so sure about them
24 Nov 2018, 19:48 PM

Most well rounded loadout is Airborne (Just for P47s), Infantry (Else fortifications can ruin your day and HC as the top pick.
Rifle Company is also a strong contender just because in 1vs1 E8s can be quite powerful.
24 Nov 2018, 20:29 PM

Except from Heavy Cavalry, what else? I am currently running Mechanized and Armor, but i'm not so sure about them

The Good Stuff
  • Mechanized Company has very early no-fuel vehicle pressure from the WC51 (sort of like a USF version of SOV T1) and very fuel efficient highly mobile AT from the Bazooka Bus, which can circle strafe P4s with its vet 1 ability.
  • Airborne's a good lategame one with Paratroopers, airdropped team weapons and P-47s, but only if you don't need that Pershing.
  • Infantry Company enables RE spam: if you can get to CP3 you can stick LMGs on them and the power spike can push an unsuspecting opponent off the map.

The Okay Stuff
  • Recon Support is an alternative Airborne if you're going Lieutenant.
  • Armor and Rifle are mostly for flamers right now, and SBP made indirect suffice for garrison clearing. Armor'll be back with a vengeance next patch with all its buffs though.
  • Tactical Support is a poor man's Infantry Company.
25 Nov 2018, 02:47 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

once commander revamp is out armor company and airborne will sit side by side heavy cav
25 Nov 2018, 04:30 AM

once commander revamp is out armor company and airborne will sit side by side heavy cav

Airborne?
I can agree with Armor, but why Airborne?
I know that you are a really good player and it's why I wanna know your reasoning.
25 Nov 2018, 04:34 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

airborne is getting some adjustments in our usf revamp and hopefully we can combine it together with the commander revamp patch at the same time
25 Nov 2018, 04:36 AM

Exciting! Thank you for your quick reply, I just feel it needs a bit more than 0 CP Pathfinders, or the ammo weapon drops.
I have faith in Mechanized to surprise, CavRifles will be good, in certain maps.
25 Nov 2018, 13:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Yup mechanized and airborne are the flex spots
26 Nov 2018, 04:14 AM

Armor and tactical support are not worth using IMO, and rifle is somewhat mediocre (best things about it being flamers and EZ8, but not much else is super useful).

Airborne, infantry, heavy cav, and recon support are al prety usable IMO, but heavy cav is definitely among the best mostly for rangers and pershing. Also, the one caveat to airborne is that it's super manpower heavy.
27 Nov 2018, 11:52 AM

Armor and tactical support are not worth using IMO, and rifle is somewhat mediocre (best things about it being flamers and EZ8, but not much else is super useful).

Airborne, infantry, heavy cav, and recon support are al prety usable IMO, but heavy cav is definitely among the best mostly for rangers and pershing. Also, the one caveat to airborne is that it's super manpower heavy.

There is a good chance the build will be more flexible than ever next patch, so long as you can save munitions to give your Paratroopers LMGs.
27 Nov 2018, 12:06 PM

Pershing is the best followed by second airborne and 3 Infrantry company for m1919s arty
28 Nov 2018, 11:25 AM

USF Donsen't have any genuinely bad commanders IMO, especially after the next patch where the armor company will be revamped.

For me personally I perform best with commanders that gives me the same tools as other factions. USF is in the unique position that it does not have easy acess to proper mines nor a direct route to both mg and AT (though the latter might also be subject to change soon).

To compensate for one of these things you either need a commander with riflemen field defenses (hvy cav or Infantry) or one that gives you acess to a weapon air drop (Airborne or Recon).

I could also in a (case of shameless self promotion), direct you to the guide I've made, where I give some suggestions for different commanders.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/70864/from-recruit-to-veteran

But bottom line is that the USF has a small selection of commanders and all of them have at least a couple of decent abilities, so try to experiment and see what works best for you :)
1 Dec 2018, 19:40 PM

Heavy Cavalry is almost a must, it just offers so much of value when it comes to riflemen defenses, smoke and of course the Pershing is really good with support from other units.

Rifleman and armor are nice for flamers, but I'm more partial to rifleman. Some maps are just garrison hot spots so it's good to add the extra hot with non-doctrinal flamers. :)

Mechanized is really nice for the WC-51 as it can bully both the Wehrmacht and OKW pretty well, and it's dirt cheap. Not to mention you can (risky) capture points with it early by hopping the crew out and getting some extra cap pressure.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Germany 756
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L