Login

russian armor

Removed HDD, Game won't launch.

Bec
20 Nov 2018, 15:19 PM

Well hello there!

After playing this game for 1400+ hours Coh2 has decided to leave me quite abruptly.

I removed an old HDD from my pc on wich the game was installed and I reïnstalled the game on another HDD, this HDD also contained the documents folder of Coh2, after removing and reïnstalling the game it simply won't start up, steam says 'Active' for a few seconds before synchronizing and returning to normal without error message.

I had the same Issue with Hearts of Iron 4 but I managed to fix it with this reply from a moderator:

''One more possibility that can cause the failure to create the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/ folder, is if the Documents folder has previously been moved so the game can't find it. Is that possible?

Use Notepad to make a new text file called userdir.txt in the Steam Hearts of Iron IV folder where hoi4.exe is. In that file place a single dot, save and exit. This tells the game to write the user files right there instead of under Documents. If that works and the game now runs, you can replace that dot with any file path you like.''

So it seems the game can't find the documents folder because it doesn't excist, if anyone could help me fix that I could meaby play the game again xD (As in force the creation of new local files)

Thanks in advance!
31 Dec 2018, 14:00 PM
Donator 11

Try to check if windows can see any documents folder right now. If it doesn't many different programs won't work. You can do that by selecting documents in the "computer" window in windows explorer. If the system gives you an error, go to properties of that entry and click a button to set now location of documents, or just use the restore default button. Both of these should be under tab named "location" or something similar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS