Login

russian armor

1 vs 1 OKW strategies vs Soviets

17 Nov 2018, 00:18 AM

I need advice with dealing with Soviets using OKW. I recently find it really difficult to win against Sovs.

Frequently I face early game M3 Rush + Penal Spam. Mid game Penal + Guards spam, T70. Late game two T34/85s. Some variations here and there.

If I can survive early game and mid game, by the late game I just run out of steam. Volks can't seem to cut it by late game.

My general build order:

Early Volk - Volk - Volk - if M3 is present Rak - Truck - Volk - Mech

Mid Luchs - HMG - if T70 is present Puma or Rak- Truck - Flak

Late Elite Infantry or something, anything - Panther

Commanders I equip are Falls, Spec Ops, Fort.

Thanks.

17 Nov 2018, 12:49 PM

If you lack antiinfantry capacities in the lategame it is a bad choice to play the Panther you might be better off with p4s but could use a second raketenwerfer if you aren't ahead on tech (contorlled more fuel throughout the game).

Depending on the enemies playstyle you could maybe make the Lefh or a Pak43 from the Fortifications Doctrine working but they can get hardcountered by recon and artillery callins (IL-2 Bombs if against soviets) or by mobile indirect options like a katyusha.

The Luftwaffe Ground Forces is an excellent commander to push your early game advantage throught the mid and lategame with valiant assault to flank or simply outdps enemy units. Fallschirmjägers might also be a good replacement for lost infantry units.

If you lose your early or mid game you could try to get a command p5 as a comeback unit after playing a MechHQ heavy build.

If you don't mind to change your Commandersetup and you want easier counters for the soviet infantryheavy builds (with light at options) and you are able to control the map even without a p2 you migth try either Scavenge or Feuersturmdoctrine and play a infantry heavy MedicHQ -> fast SchwerHQ and antiinfantry build (either 2+ raks and FlameHetzer or maybe a rak less and a Light Jäger Infantry Squad for recon purposes and a Ostwind which hardcounters a (late)T70).

The build order doesn't sound bad maybe you have troubles using certain units or generally apply map pressure then uploading a replay for review might be a better option. If you think training the matchup could help you you can add me i do not usually play 1v1 but i play the game and know basic matchups.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★