Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
24 Sep 2013, 02:45 AM

the new doctrines were disappointing ... the short barreled stuh has no place in 1944. there are no new units in these doctrines just units moved from ToW and into multiplayer. it's like the art department got laid off or something there are no new tanks or equipment.
24 Sep 2013, 02:59 AM

Inb4 Pay to lose commanders LOLOLOLOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a more serious note, they did say future "FREE + DLC" commanders would be more "original" and unique, as requested by the community.

Things to probably consider, is Assault Grenadiers are pretty much a CQC unit, so I'd recon that Penals would be an optimal unit to combat them. (Don't know until you've tried).
Besides that, the lack of soft-counter to vehicles (since they have no faust) does open up alot more T1 optional play either way. Other doctrines definately seem to have alot work around methods with existing commanders, so I don't see what the fuzz is about.

If you don't like the change, you've got nobody else to blame but yourself if you were one to propose this.

Me? I'm excited but sceptical of course. Quite a big step and manning up on Relic ends, I think they ought to have some credit for it. Just crossing my fingers for a nice execution of the whole concept and decisions they made.

And, like wat- max 10$ for all the commanders (even less with a bundle?) plz , what r u homeless? ಠ_ಠ
24 Sep 2013, 03:24 AM

I'm just waiting to see if these new things also come with balance changes for the game overall. If they show a continued willingness to balance all modes of the game, then I'll be willing to purchase DLC to support the game.

These new commanders have interesting abilities, but they trade away other abilities. So I'm fine with it.

Early assault grens have me worried, but hey, I still have the Maxim. :P
24 Sep 2013, 03:32 AM

I don't like this business model at all. Even if you don't count the balancing issues and the looming specter of pay to win, it just doesn't feel like we're getting much bang for the buck. Individual commanders so far have been what... $3 a piece? I paid AAA price of $60 for the game and now I need to spend $12 extra just to have the option to stay current with the meta? I paid $45 for Red Orchestra 2 new and the entire Rising Storm expansion was $15. Entirely new factions, maps, weapons, abilities, soundtrack, sound effects... $15. 4 commanders, $12...
24 Sep 2013, 03:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 02:59 AMCaeltos

And, like wat- max 10$ for all the commanders (even less with a bundle?) plz , what r u homeless? ಠ_ಠ

The problem people have with the cost isn't that we can't afford it, but rather the fact that I already paid 60 dollars for the game. I would like to have a balanced game for the money I paid before I have to start doling out more money for new stuff.

I don't want to pay for new shit when the old shit I already paid for isn't even finished.
24 Sep 2013, 03:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 03:32 AMEnkidu
I don't like this business model at all. Even if you don't count the balancing issues and the looming specter of pay to win, it just doesn't feel like we're getting much bang for the buck. Individual commanders so far have been what... $3 a piece? I paid AAA price of $60 for the game and now I need to spend $12 extra just to have the option to stay current with the meta? I paid $45 for Red Orchestra 2 new and the entire Rising Storm was $15. Entirely new factions, maps, weapons, abilities, soundtrack, sound effects... $15. 4 commanders, $12...

Well unfortunately Tripwire didn't buy Relic. IF that had happened this would not be an issue. I think Sega needs to rethink what they are making their developers do as far as RTS DLC.
24 Sep 2013, 03:42 AM

The problem people have with the cost isn't that we can't afford it, but rather the fact that I already paid 60 dollars for the game. I would like to have a balanced game for the money I paid before I have to start doling out more money for new stuff.

I don't want to pay for new shit when the old shit I already paid for isn't even finished.

this is what im saying. i work in the oilfied. trust me i can afford another $10. but do i want to pay more when there are issues with the game in the first place? not really. am i going to? yes. do i feel like im getting ripped off? yes.
24 Sep 2013, 03:44 AM

Wow, this is awesome. The new commanders actually look unique and will probably give the factions a different feel. Keep it up!
24 Sep 2013, 04:22 AM

Permanently Banned
Are these commanders free for everyone or they just free for people that pre-ordered and have collectors edition? If that's the case, I call bullshit.
24 Sep 2013, 04:30 AM

Are these commanders free for everyone or they just free for people that pre-ordered and have collectors edition? If that's the case, I call bullshit.

None of the above.
24 Sep 2013, 04:35 AM

Permanently Banned

None of the above.

stfu
24 Sep 2013, 04:43 AM

stfu

He means they aren't free for anyone.
24 Sep 2013, 04:46 AM

Yep, no one gets it free.

Again, I'll wait a week to a month to see if Relic stays true to their word on balancing the game for everyone. If so, I buy to support, otherwise.

Having a balance patch as part of this update will go a long way to showing their commitment to that.
24 Sep 2013, 04:52 AM

Can I just say something here?

Trying to milk as much money from the community like this is no good. This F2P model is utterly ridiculous and does not work with a strategy game at all.

This isn't even a proper expansion, just slow additions to the game.
24 Sep 2013, 05:00 AM

I will gladly buy the 3 new soviet's cmdr. Hoping that it will motivate Sega to put more energy into the game. (balancing, polishing and adding great stuff).
24 Sep 2013, 05:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 04:52 AMhubewa
Can I just say something here?

Trying to milk as much money from the community like this is no good. This F2P model is utterly ridiculous and does not work with a strategy game at all.

This isn't even a proper expansion, just slow additions to the game.

F2P? Which part of this game was F2P?
24 Sep 2013, 05:03 AM

It does feel like a f2p style milking, only the game isn't free; it's $60. I'm really torn now; as a die hard, long term fan of the series, I really want CoH2 to be successful but now I also don't want to give them money for commanders and make SEGA feel like this shit system is the way to go in the future.

Edit: Also, no offense to the devs. I really appreciate that you guys listened and are adding new and interesting commanders, it's just a bummer that the system feels a bit like nickel and diming.
24 Sep 2013, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 04:43 AMEnkidu

He means they aren't free for anyone.

you guys ever watched the stream? it was said that these commanders gain pre-orders and DCE
24 Sep 2013, 05:33 AM

you guys ever watched the stream? it was said that these commanders gain pre-orders and DCE

I didn't watch the stream but I was just pointing out what the one guy meant so that the other guy wasn't offended.
24 Sep 2013, 05:35 AM

Permanently Banned
Commanders with new units that are not available to other players that didn't pay is a kick in the balls from Relic. Pay to win at its best.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment