come with me the time is right
enough munis for a skill
just orrah!, we'll win the fight
Bombing strike its like a dream!

chorus

gotta capp them all!
gotta capp them all!
yeahh!!!

that is russian version where is the german version?
1 Oct 2013, 20:45 PM

A following of fans that for whatever reason thinks a particular high level player is better than rest of them.
1 Oct 2013, 22:09 PM

But to improve, also realize that there are levels you'll never attain. Playing against a really good player is fun, but during the beta it quickly went from "Oh look, I'm playing against Sepha!" to "Dammit it's Sepha, I'd really rather not get rolled again."
1 Oct 2013, 22:36 PM

You don't need to play a lot to be good. You just have to play smart.

Some top players have very few games played. Then there are ppl like sageofthesix, who is good, but has thousands of games played.
1 Oct 2013, 23:10 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 22:36 PMlink0

Some top players have very few games played. Then there are ppl like sageofthesix, who is good, but has thousands of games played.

I disagree with this. Every single top-level player went through a phase of just spamming a ridiculous amount of games. It might have been 2 years ago or 2 months ago, but I guarantee you every single tournament winner went through something like that at least once.

Of course, playing a ton of games does not equate to success. But in order to be successful, you have to put in the time at least once. After that it becomes a lot easier to recover your previously attained skills in a short period of time.

CoH2 is still too young to have true top-level players; everybody is still terrible at this game, even if skills carried over from vCoH have accelerated the learning process. But go back to vCoH and look at that game's best players; of course, I wasn't around when you were, but from 2009 on you had players like Sepha, Seb, DrHorse, Sweix, SiberianPlatoon, Kot, Symbiosis, Aimstrong, 12azor, Gosu, and others who played massive amounts of games in close proximity to very deep tournament runs and/or victories. I can't think of a single player who didn't spam a ridiculous amount of games and managed to make it far in a vCoH tournament since 2009.
2 Oct 2013, 01:39 AM

I disagree with this. Every single top-level player went through a phase of just spamming a ridiculous amount of games. It might have been 2 years ago or 2 months ago, but I guarantee you every single tournament winner went through something like that at least once.

Of course, playing a ton of games does not equate to success. But in order to be successful, you have to put in the time at least once. After that it becomes a lot easier to recover your previously attained skills in a short period of time.

CoH2 is still too young to have true top-level players; everybody is still terrible at this game, even if skills carried over from vCoH have accelerated the learning process. But go back to vCoH and look at that game's best players; of course, I wasn't around when you were, but from 2009 on you had players like Sepha, Seb, DrHorse, Sweix, SiberianPlatoon, Kot, Symbiosis, Aimstrong, 12azor, Gosu, and others who played massive amounts of games in close proximity to very deep tournament runs and/or victories. I can't think of a single player who didn't spam a ridiculous amount of games and managed to make it far in a vCoH tournament since 2009.

Well, yes, you do need to play a ton of games to be the best of the best. I was merely pointing out that some people are far more efficient at improving than others. Whether that's due to intelligence, ambition, or the purposeful studying of tactics is up to debate.
18 Dec 2013, 03:02 AM

after some thought, i decided to bump this one up (pls don't be mad)
due to the current SNF that going on.

it would be cool if some of the contenders will comment here
OMGPoP VonIvan BartonPL HolyHamer AndyisRippin
what are you thoughts on that? what's your secret?
18 Dec 2013, 04:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 20:52 PMAffe
what is it you think makes the top Players?
Buy as many P2W DLC commanders as you can.

:clap:
18 Dec 2013, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 22:36 PMlink0

Or you can play a lot of games and still not be any good. Do you guys remember RedFive from vCoH? That guy had like 5000 games but wasn't even 50/50 W/L for any faction.
18 Dec 2013, 06:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Multitasking, micro, smart and quick decision making.
-Reading and understanding what´s happening on the game, reacting accordingly with the proper solution.
-Knowledge of the game.
-Experience. Facing similar situations multiple times makes it easier to surpass them.

Besides point 1, anyone can get those if they are willing.

22 Dec 2013, 10:00 AM

is it spending at least 4-8 hours a day perfecting micro?

I do know what it's NOT: spending 4-8 hours per day whining about "nerf this" and "OP that" and "OMG, Pay2Win Commanders" on every COH2 forum they can type words on.

No, good players are too busy actually playing the game.
22 Dec 2013, 10:02 AM

A sincere and loving relationship with Christ.
22 Dec 2013, 10:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Buying all DLC commanders
22 Dec 2013, 10:13 AM

A sincere and loving relationship with Christ.

This too. When you start a match and you think "what's first in my build order?" Faith. Faith comes first. Before going out and murdering an invading army you first ask God how he wants you to do it.
22 Dec 2013, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2013, 10:13 AMardenx

This too. When you start a match and you think "what's first in my build order?" Faith. Faith comes first. Before going out and murdering an invading army you first ask God how he wants you to do it.

Indeed. As we say in our house, 'Do unto others as you would have George Michael do to you.'
22 Dec 2013, 12:28 PM

Only top players can answer this questions so I read only Inverse's comments. If I knew what it is I would be a top player myself:D
22 Dec 2013, 13:05 PM

as the best player in the world currently i can say that i was taught everything i know from the legend of the COH franchise, the king of ad hominem, the community's elected balance representative... who won by a landslide of votes, WHO KNOWS THE INS AND OUTS OF HIS GAME LIKE HE KNOWS HIS OWN MOTHER
Mr Nullist Christ
23 Dec 2013, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2013, 10:13 AMardenx

And then god said...I want you to blow up their flesh into little pieces. I want you to ram metal through their hearts and brains. I want you to crush their bodies into a mangled splatter of liquid....Burn them and maim them ..beat them and eat them. For then shall you be worthy of my loving grace.
23 Dec 2013, 05:36 AM

as the best player in the world currently i can say that i was taught everything i know from the legend of the COH franchise, the king of ad hominem, the community's elected balance representative... who won by a landslide of votes, WHO KNOWS THE INS AND OUTS OF HIS GAME LIKE HE KNOWS HIS OWN MOTHER
Mr Nullist Christ

24 Dec 2013, 12:47 PM

We should all be thinking about Nullist at this time of year. As well as being a peerless CoH expert he was also a well-liked character.

In many ways he represented the best of this communiity, and, dare I say it, humanity.

His forum account died so that others' may live.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★