Login

russian armor

Grenadiers + HMG42s vs USF

4 Nov 2018, 05:51 AM

I lost game, after game after game this weekend playing UKF and occasionally USF. I did win one finally as Wehrmacht. You know, I don't know if its just me but the Grenadiers sure do a hell of a lot of damage against much more expensive Riflemen. This combined with the HMG42 and LMG42 as a sqaud upgrade really make them almost unbeatable. USF unit cost effectiveness is quite abysmal compared to Wehrmacht, their units just don't preform, REs are poor combat units and their Volley Fire ability only serves to get them killed. Riflemen really don't stand up to Gren blobs well at all. The side teching really kills them and puts them at a disadvantage slowing down their armor builds.
4 Nov 2018, 06:23 AM

g e t g o o d

Jokes aside, US have more than enough tools to deal with ostheer. Try to flank things instead of charging at things. RE has smoke, officers have smoke, mortar has smoke.

At close range you melt all except for Pgrens.

Getting BARS guarantees your win at CQB. There are no faction more rewarding to blob than USF.
4 Nov 2018, 08:47 AM

g e t g o o d

Jokes aside, US have more than enough tools to deal with ostheer. Try to flank things instead of charging at things. RE has smoke, officers have smoke, mortar has smoke.

At close range you melt all except for Pgrens.

Getting BARS guarantees your win at CQB. There are no faction more rewarding to blob than USF.

play vs competent wehr players and see how far youll get by blobbing :) getting nade upgrade fucks u over hard. that 25 fuel delays ur aaht too much. getting bars means u will have to lose map pressure since u gotta go back to base anf u need 100 ammo for zooks since u can never go capt. im just glad the meta is spamming 222 rite now and not going sniper like it was. almost imposible to deal with snipers
5 Nov 2018, 20:17 PM

What. Riflemen are universal soldiers. They take no damage on approach and win automatically in close and medium ranges, which is the only ranges any engagements happen at because the soldiers in CoH2 are blind and can somehow, paradoxically, shoot further than they can see.

And more expensive??? Is that why USF outnumbers Ostheer on the field every single match?

1-vs-1, Grenadiers lose to Riflemen without having a chance, because Grenadiers do not have high DPS at long range (where they're supposed to excel) and have low DPS at medium and close range, while Riflemen have stable DPS at long range and high DPS at all other ranges.

When USF can only bring out one Rifleman squad for every two Ostheer Grenadier squads, as it clearly should be, it'll make sense to start balance discussions regarding number tweaking. But until then, any complaints about Grenadiers, the single most often instantly wiped unit in the entire game, are invalid.
5 Nov 2018, 20:24 PM

When USF can only bring out one Rifleman squad for every two Ostheer Grenadier squads

140 MP Grenadiers?

This is why Relic doesn't crowdsource their balancing.
5 Nov 2018, 20:26 PM

When USF can only bring out one Rifleman squad for every two Ostheer Grenadier squads, as it clearly should be

You are a treat to watch you know that?
5 Nov 2018, 20:40 PM

You are a treat to watch you know that?

He is absolutly right, you know? Instead of whinig because you lost as USF, use your brain (rly use it) to find clues why you lost. After all that you'll find riflemen are not only great infantry, but you will understand how bad you used them.
Many players will be tempted to throw them into firing range because they can push really well
5 Nov 2018, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2018, 20:24 PMLago

140 MP Grenadiers?

This is why Relic doesn't crowdsource their balancing.

or 480 mp Rifles :romeoHype:

5 Nov 2018, 21:55 PM

usf is the only faction that gets mortars from tier 0, use it, it counters both units
5 Nov 2018, 22:17 PM

usf is the only faction that gets mortars from tier 0, use it, it counters both units

But I can't slap BARs onto a mortar and attack move them. Relic needs to fix this obvious oversight and balance issue
5 Nov 2018, 22:38 PM

But I can't slap BARs onto a mortar and attack move them. Relic needs to fix this obvious oversight and balance issue

You say this as if like there was anything else, competitive, that USF can do. Besides Riflemen with BARs.
6 Nov 2018, 01:11 AM

You say this as if like there was anything else, competitive, that USF can do. Besides Riflemen with BARs.

If there was an alternative (admittedly it IS a problem) it wouldn't matter. This very thread is about a unit required to be stationary and a MG but the combined arms unit added SPECIFICALLY to give an alternative to those EXACT types of units isn't good enough. That's what my post was about. If you can't slap BARs on it and attack move it into the problem then it isn't good enough of a solution.

Part is nerfing RE, part is volks, part is shitty uninspired unsupportive officers but part is not actually wanting anything but the easy undiverse builds.
6 Nov 2018, 01:21 AM

USF is one of my fav factions and i remembre only very few times where MGs or Grens were an issue. it is mostly late game axis armor that is challenging to deal with.
6 Nov 2018, 02:09 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Get pershing -> delete shit. 60% of the time it works everytime
6 Nov 2018, 03:27 AM

He is absolutly right, you know? Instead of whinig because you lost as USF, use your brain (rly use it) to find clues why you lost. After all that you'll find riflemen are not only great infantry, but you will understand how bad you used them.
Many players will be tempted to throw them into firing range because they can push really well

A) He is not absolutely right, 140mp grenadiers is an absurd exaggeration.

B) I didn't whine about anything. I didn't make the thread.
6 Nov 2018, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2018, 01:21 AMSyraw
USF is one of my fav factions and i remembre only very few times where MGs or Grens were an issue. it is mostly late game axis armor that is challenging to deal with.

And getting fucked by rocket/arty.

As people have said, pershing wrecks. While in that doc use rifles to lay sand for yourself everywhere. REs to wire off enemy side after. Use the mortar. Move it after barrages.
6 Nov 2018, 05:05 AM

And getting fucked by rocket/arty.

As people have said, pershing wrecks. While in that doc use rifles to lay sand for yourself everywhere. REs to wire off enemy side after. Use the mortar. Move it after barrages.

Well, everyone gets fucked by rocket arty. I'm curious, how does the m20 fare at hunting rockets? Now that the stuka doesn't take 4 zooks to kill would the MG and a de-crew for the finale WORK?
6 Nov 2018, 09:07 AM

Grenadiers OP.

Well, that's a new, surprising one.
6 Nov 2018, 09:33 AM

Grens OP haha, learn to play issue here.
6 Nov 2018, 09:42 AM

Get pershing -> delete shit. 60% of the time it works everytime

You just solved all USF early game problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★