Login

russian armor

Map Pool Update

23 Oct 2018, 04:06 AM

Also I forgot about a couple points

5) Maps that are wide with short distance between opposing bases are needed desperately. Tunnel maps.., not so much and theres plenty of those.

6) The less oppressive cut offs, the better.

7) Also remake Point du Hoc
23 Oct 2018, 08:41 AM

Also I forgot about a couple points

5) Maps that are wide with short distance between opposing bases are needed desperately. Tunnel maps.., not so much and theres plenty of those.

6) The less oppressive cut offs, the better.

I’m assuming 5 means stuff like vaux and hill 400? I agree those types of maps are interesting.

I hope the map pool for coh3 is much better than the map pool from coh2. The map pool got skimmed of a lot of awful ones but it would be nice to have a good variety of fun maps to play on from the geico.
23 Oct 2018, 16:03 PM

This, unfortunately is largely impossible. It can be remade but it can't function properly.

Territory points are highly limited, so sectors cannot be replicated whatsoever.

But more than that when the wheel was reinvented for CoH2 the functionality of terrain height wasn't really baked in. Unfortunately this means no CoH2 map can feature any sort of 3D terrain without breaking most gameplay functionality.

These two features have ultimately crippled the capacity for maps to be made.
It's hard to say but options have largely been exhausted for CoH2 map making without either more dynamic or variable territory points or overhauling every unit in the game so it cam deal with Z deformation beyond 0.5 .
23 Oct 2018, 16:51 PM

Symmetrical maps are boring and takes the feel away from a WW2 battle.

Speaking from 4v4 can we not reimplement Across the Rhine and Angermunde back in to the 4v4 map pool. Ive never seen a explanation or community decision for these to be 3v3 only maps they just randomly vanished from 4v4 one day. 4v4 has become stale and boring and removing maps makes it worse.

Bring back City 17!!!
23 Oct 2018, 18:07 PM

honestly think they should be more aggressive about adding new maps, but temporarily giving more vetoes each time so players can "opt in/opt out" of the new maps as testing

especially for 3v3 4v4 where balance is non existent anyways, should be bolder with adding maps
23 Oct 2018, 19:30 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2018, 16:51 PMMongal
Symmetrical maps are boring and takes the feel away from a WW2 battle.

Speaking from 4v4 can we not reimplement Across the Rhine and Angermunde back in to the 4v4 map pool. Ive never seen a explanation or community decision for these to be 3v3 only maps they just randomly vanished from 4v4 one day. 4v4 has become stale and boring and removing maps makes it worse.

I am sorry to disagree. But neither across the Rhine, Angermunde or Ettelbruck Station should be 4vs4 again. This maps work much better in 3vs3. In 4vs4 it would be even more camp and arty stlye...

But there will be an updated version for 4vs4 custom angermunde coming, in case you want to play it.

23 Oct 2018, 22:31 PM

I am sorry to disagree. But neither across the Rhine, Angermunde or Ettelbruck Station should be 4vs4 again. This maps work much better in 3vs3. In 4vs4 it would be even more camp and arty stlye...

But there will be an updated version for 4vs4 custom angermunde coming, in case you want to play it.

Alot of 4v4 players really enjoy Redball Express yet this is a smaller map than both Across the Rhine and Angermunde so i dont think them being to small is a valid arguement. I do agree Ettelbruck Station is to small for 4v4 though.

I am looking forward to the map revamps that you and Rosbone have been working on (and a balance patch if it ever arrives) so hopefully that will put the needed spark back in to 4v4.
23 Oct 2018, 22:53 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2018, 22:31 PMMongal

Alot of 4v4 players really enjoy Redball Express yet this is a smaller map than both Across the Rhine and Angermunde so i dont think them being to small is a valid arguement. I do agree Ettelbruck Station is to small for 4v4 though.

I am looking forward to the map revamps that you and Rosbone have been working on (and a balance patch if it ever arrives) so hopefully that will put the needed spark back in to 4v4.

Well it depends how much pathing and space is in a map and houses. And yeah redball can get very camp style as well when both team play together at one side.
The mappatch will come soon finally.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
Mexico 21
unknown 19
Germany 780
New Zealand 9
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias