Login

russian armor

Volks are disgustingly good, need toning down.

PAGES (13)down
21 Oct 2018, 23:17 PM

Regardless of his playercard or his post, he is making a point that people have been making for months so none of that it relevant.

They definitely overperform both against their peers due to their vet and their counters for their price thus making them into an extremely potent unit which is why we see so many of them. Not only do volks perform well against all other line units at all ranges due to their STG upgrade, they also perform well against weapon teams due to their incendiary nades and vehicles when supported due to having snares.

My Biggest urk with them is the STG44 upgrade, Volksgrens would still be a valid unit without this upgrade due to their price and good veterancy AND good utility, they would just assume the current role of conscripts. The upgrade is cheap and extremely powerful at all ranges, they cannot be dropped either and it makes them trade out extremely well with line infantry AND assault infantry including commandos unless vetted or ambushed. All line infantry in the game are countered by assault infantry apart from volksgrenadiers. They suffer from the same spec that the rest of the OKW roster do in that they are the best units for right clicking the capture point and watching your units win, as such they are very forgiving to poor play but do not really reward good play, essentially just making them "idiot proof".

Not that I don't think they should have an upgrade however, I think they should upgrade to an MG34/MG42. This will make them much more effective line infantry as they will perform much better at range which is their intended purpose but also make them vulnerable to assault infantry in CQC which in my opinion, they should be and have been in previous patches. Rather than these 5 squad doomstack blobs that all become disgusting vet 5 terminators as the match goes on.

I'm not moaning that they are uncounterable, I can counter them, but it tends to tie me to certain doctrines (e.g.- UKF Royal Engineers, or USF infantry company) which results in pretty stale gameplay.
22 Oct 2018, 07:45 AM

They definitely overperform both against their peers due to their vet and their counters for their price thus making them into an extremely potent unit which is why we see so many of them.
Not that I don't think they should have an upgrade however, I think they should upgrade to an MG34/MG42. .

Their veterancy was nerfed and the bonuses are currently lower than other mainline infantry like conscript.

Lmgs for 5 men squad is problematic because the unit's DPS does not drop fast enough when losing models.
22 Oct 2018, 08:02 AM

come on, 5 Men Bren Tommy Blobs are a much bigger Problem
22 Oct 2018, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 07:45 AMVipper

Their veterancy was nerfed and the bonuses are currently lower than other mainline infantry like conscript.

Lmgs for 5 men squad is problematic because the unit's DPS does not drop fast enough when losing models.

Conscripts are horrible example here, because they have higher veterancy then any other mainline inf due to lack of weapon upgrade and poor rifles they go with.
22 Oct 2018, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 08:50 AMKatitof

Conscripts are horrible example here, because they have higher veterancy then any other mainline inf due to lack of weapon upgrade and poor rifles they go with.

Ok grenadiers get better veterancy bonuses.
22 Oct 2018, 08:57 AM

The problem with volks is how spammable they are early game coupled with their effectivness at long range + being able to build cover + early flamnade.

So early game you can build 4 of them + starting Sturm, use 3+1 to push your opponent cutoff while having a safe backup at a key point always behind sandbag/green cover.

The strat is always the same, A-move your volks so they always fight at their best range and micro the sturm. When you reach your objective build sandbags and wait for the counter-attack behind confortable green cover.
22 Oct 2018, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2018, 08:52 AMVipper

Ok grenadiers get better veterancy bonuses.

but grens are different because they are only 4 men and need that accuracy to have any DPS at all!
but for real, the most of their vet nerfs came as a by product of the god awful idea to have shreks on them iirc (seriously i hope the people who thought that was a great idea never work on a game again) and then another wave after the great vet purge of OKW where everything got obliterated and anything unique was removed, where the rakk lost its +5 range with vet! (but kept creeping death....)
id be on board for a reinforcement of volks vet to align them with cons (And provide a roster unique role that isnt jack of all trades and also a master of all those trades and actually the only infantry you literally ever need) if they lost the STG. they should become formidable with vet, not with a no brainer upgrade that enables lack luster vet...
22 Oct 2018, 10:52 AM

I don't see a massive problem with volks other than they are very spamable in team games (although that may be due to OKW starting with more MP).

Maybe a slight cost increase or locking the STG until a certain vet is reached? I think the STG is all reward and zero risk at the moment so that is some issue.
22 Oct 2018, 11:05 AM

I wouldn't mind experimenting with giving their STG 44 more of a Sturmpioneer profile, similar to PPSH cons. This would give them a distinct weapons profile (instead of being good at all ranges) and they would be able to replace the role of Sturmpioneers, who get outscaled in the mid game. This would make the STG 44 upgrade into a choice (go CQC or keep rifles) rather than a no-brainer. Obers would then have an even more defined role as expert long range infantry. Vet could then be made a bit better again, to Cons level.
22 Oct 2018, 11:22 AM

it's simple. okw start with chadsturmpios. meaning it start stronger than usf/soviet infantery wise (as sturmpios beats mainline inf, let alone engies). the gap further increase when a 4th volk walks out and they start throwing free tech incendary nades. those nades force opponent to build infirmary (kubble and sturmpios already decrease health pool more than mainline inf but incendary nade seal the deal). usf/soviet end up being outnumbered and okw can win with sheer strenght.

funny fact: stg can even be bought in enemy territory, like wtf. every thing in this faction is designed for being conveniant, everything is timely without having to think about anything. even fight going on, throw dat nade i didn't have to tech (pay) or think about . floating ammo ? grab those stg i didn't have to tech (pay) or think about. i'm currently going toward enemy fuel thru enemy territory ? no worries, i can just grab it there. it's fun to play when you are tired and cannot be bothered to pay much attention to the game.

how to fix the problem:

As okw do not need stumpios to build tiers hq, i don't see why they should start with it. putting sturmpios on other engies standard is out of question as it would hurt the faction flavor. having okw start with a volk instead, like brits do with tommies, sound fair. if okw want sturmpios they can just build them from t0 and have to pay for it. the building time would prevent sturmpios from rushing and cracking houses open like they do. the sturmpios would still be strong in early but it wouldn't be unfair anymore.

Okw do not have early garrison clearing tool and dat's why they got tech free incendary nades. give sturmpios a flamethrower upgrade (like the one in the commander) and put a tech to those nades (like molotov or a lil more pricey as they are better but this don't matter). it will prevent volk from winning fights without putting any skill in it. they will have to think about nades before throwing it and pay for it like others factions have to.

With those two fix i believe okw outrageous early would be put on par with other factions. Stg can stay tech free as faction flavor (make it so it has to be in friendly territory to be bought tho) as they aren't part of the problem. having to put 50 extra mp for a sturmpios (compared to volk) and having to buy nade tech would prevent okw to have more squads than the usf/sov and just outspam them to win with sheer strenght.
22 Oct 2018, 12:25 PM

Volks is not even OP, bring out Sherman with HE or just use Scott and wala. Issue solve
22 Oct 2018, 12:59 PM

Yeah Volks aren´t OP... They only seem strong because they are in a faction that is overall strong. On top of that they also have perfect synergy with SPs+Kübels+Luchs+Flak HT in early game.
22 Oct 2018, 13:06 PM

Volks is not even OP, bring out Sherman with HE or just use Scott and wala. Issue solve

This some quality shit sarcasm right there.
22 Oct 2018, 13:08 PM

I would test:
VG starting unit
Remove ST upgrade
Replace flame-grenade with explosive
Faust unlocked
Increase fighting vet bonuses

SP:
Start with 2 MP44+2 MP40
cost to 280
Pop to 7
WP grenades requiring truck
Available upgrades:
Repair package Mine sweepers replace 1 MP40
AT package 1+Shreck replace 1 MP40

Requires 2 trucks
Assault package 3+MP44+1 entity
Repair speed penalty x50%

Ober:
Remove booby trap
Remove Blendkörper

AT package 2 Shreck
BlendKomp default grenade now cause slower movement/rotation, sight penatly and critical to vehicles (injured driver, injured gunner)

Optional
USF crews take DOT damage and forced to exit vehicle if HP become lower the 50%
22 Oct 2018, 13:21 PM

new AAA account new thread, the mod need to put a stop to this
22 Oct 2018, 13:34 PM

new AAA account new thread, the mod need to put a stop to this

Wasn't aaa hardcore pro axis?
22 Oct 2018, 13:34 PM

upgraded volks lose to any upgraded allied main line infantry. If volks are used properly they will be cost efficient if you dont, they wont. OFc if you out micro your opponent you should be able to punch above ur weight, what do people want? volks to lose every single engagement no matter how good ur micro is ?

U people are ridiculous.

The only faction that may unfairly struggle vs volks is USF, but hopefully they will get some teching improvements to help them
22 Oct 2018, 14:29 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I expected this thread to be another Axis v Allies fanboy thread but I see people who normally lean towards allies give some reasonable feedback here. I love it. :wub:

But more importantly lets add to the thread.

Say you tone down volks vet a bit so they hit slightly worse. What other crutch units are you supposed to be using? Are you supposed to get more sturmpios? MG34s? Kubels? Volks are not spammed currently just because they can deal with most threats, it's also because what else are you supposed to use?

They best solution would be getting obers on the field sooner and tuning their stats accordingly so you don't have to spam 5-6 volks into armor.
22 Oct 2018, 14:52 PM

I expected this thread to be another Axis v Allies fanboy thread but I see people who normally lean towards allies give some reasonable feedback here. I love it. :wub:

Say you tone down volks vet a bit so they hit slightly worse. What other crutch units are you supposed to be using? Are you supposed to get more sturmpios? MG34s? Kubels? Volks are not spammed currently just because they can deal with most threats, it's also because what else are you supposed to use?

They best solution would be getting obers on the field sooner and tuning their stats accordingly so you don't have to spam 5-6 volks into armor.

Three volks and then one piece of each...
Other units might need some buffs though...
22 Oct 2018, 14:55 PM

Volks are being spammed precisely because they can deal with most threats. That and absolute state of allied MG's
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 14
United Kingdom 51
unknown 4
United States 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias