Login

russian armor

COH ONLINE: what was it about?

7 Jan 2019, 18:44 PM

It's was the best CoH games of all time (my humble tastes), i was just too ahead of it's time.

I just don't know why they did'not relaunch it again.

Fun for all matter more important then e-sport.
10 Jan 2019, 18:45 PM

quite a few top players preferred CoH: O to Tales of Valor because there were not brits/PE. Even though some hero units were ridiculously OP.
27 Jan 2019, 06:33 AM

It was basically vCoh with microtransactions which was fine. Then the head designer died in a horrible car accident and they canceled it. And then they release the piece of sh*t that was COH2 and the rest is history.
9 Jul 2019, 17:40 PM

Like most people say: It was a fun mode, but far from competitive.

Best things about it:

- It was being actively supported
- It was alive
- No Brits/PE (yet)
- There was actually a fun element in building your Units/Abilities

Worst things:

- Little Strategical options: Choose your doctrine and abuse the fuck out of it.
It was unbalanced as hell: you could literally outplay your opponent the whole game and then lose everything in 2 seconds to "reactive artillery" for example.

On the economic side: it gave too much things for free and there wasn't enough incentive to pay for things.
13 Jun 2020, 17:28 PM

CoHO was such a great little game. People were crying on the forums en masse when the message of discontinuation struck. Some fun unique maps too. Rest In Peace CoHO.
14 Jun 2020, 22:02 PM

I can't understand how a game concept like that can be successful

Spoiler: it wasn't.
30 Jun 2020, 09:25 AM

Spoiler: it wasn't offically live and was discontinued because the lead programmer died in a car accident.

Rocky summed it up well.
19 Nov 2020, 21:58 PM

Lest you forget Harlequin COHO: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5A1F189UQmBTe433209Ag

COHO was aimed at the casual player and also at eliminating piracy in China with the FTP mode. It was launched in China first.

COHO could never hope to compete with COH1 competitively, from which it was derived. And to that extent, serious COH1 players often held COHO in near contempt. Nevertheless, COHO was fun to play - its multiplayer was far superior to COH1 (Hero units etc notwithstanding).

Edited

26 Nov 2020, 07:25 AM

I played to the very last moment that they turned off the servers. Genuinely saddened when it disconnected as I was hoping for a message saying you were here to the very end :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★