Login

russian armor

Axis Units Never Pose a Serious Threat

• This thread is locked
13 Oct 2018, 18:28 PM

This is something I've been droning on about for ages, but for once I figured I'd visually illustrate this since I watched a cast that had both sides of the threat equation illustrated perfectly in a single clip within a few moments of each other.

Any Axis unit or units in this situation, ganged up on by Allied units in close range, would either be left with one model or wiped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1KcsEoeyo&t=713

And that's exactly what happens when a lone T70 does the exact same thing THREE Axis units, including a 222, did just moments earlier, but with vastly different results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1KcsEoeyo&t=813

Now I'm sure there'll be endless excuses for "this is just bad tactics on the Axis side" yet magically not bad tactics on the Allied side, but here's my point.

Axis units NEVER pose a threat to Allied units, while Allied units ALWAYS pose SEVERE threat to Axis units.

This is the underlying problem of balance in CoH2.

The excuse for Ostheer especially is that it's a "defensive faction", but here's the problem with that excuse: Allied units deal EXTREME DPS at close range (huge threat), while Axis units NEVER deal extreme DPS at any range, which means they never pose a huge threat, as accurate but low DPS at long range isn't threatening to anyone.

As illustrated in the above clips and in every single match ever, this goes for infantry, vehicles, tanks, literally all units.

People can pretend it's "bad tactics" or "Axis must use combined arms to win" or "Axis units are cheaper" but at the end of the day, it all boils down to the complete and utter lack of threat that Allied players endure from Axis players, allowing Allied units to run through open fields into enemy fire, stand in melee range, and do all the other nonsensical things that should be 100% lethal in a tactical RTS (and are, but only to Axis factions).

Watch any 1vs1, 2vs2, any mode, any match, with any players, and you see this time and time again REGARDLESS of who wins -- as in, this is an issue that is objectively observable, so win/loss rates mean absolutely nothing, stats mean nothing, unit costs mean nothing -- this is a fundamental, critical problem that must be addressed for the Allies and Axis to be properly balanced.

Though let's be honest, it's easier to wax philosophical about tactics and tournament win rates, so I won't be holding my breath.
13 Oct 2018, 18:43 PM
Patrion 310

Play allies once in your life before crying Allies op every in every thread :S
13 Oct 2018, 18:46 PM

"I can't use axis units properly" the thread.
13 Oct 2018, 18:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Stop exaggerating.

It has been known for a long time that there is a large skill requirement gap when it comes to using certain factions with the largest requirement gap in USF vs Ost 1v1 matches. With USF being the easiest to micro and Ost being the most difficult. It can be said that USF strength tapers off when you're a top 100 player but players below that should find USF quite decent especially in 1v1.

The ACTUAL problem is the major skill gap that Ost players face when all 3 allied factions are easier to micro than Ost. However, I'd say while USF is the easiest to micro, OKW is not far behind that. My rankings of beginner friendly factions from easiest to hardest.

USF
OKW
SU ties UKF (in current UKF up patch, UKF easier than SU in earlier patches)
OST

I do have some gripes about the high dps or high lethality Ost units. The nerf to bundle nades was uncalled for as Ost deals with 5-6 man squads and yet allied nades still regualarly wipe 4man Ost squads. StuG TWP overnerfed, tactical assault nerfed due to lack of range on mp40s. Allies rely on raw firepower from heavily upgraded troops for wipes while Ost relies on maneuver and grenades. Plus allied tanks barring cromwell are far better at instagibbing squads than Ost p4. I find the OKW p4 is far better at AI. Perhaps the Ost p4 should get an accuracy boost at vet2 or 3.

13 Oct 2018, 19:03 PM

What's the point of this thread again?

The previous one was already embarrassing enough
13 Oct 2018, 19:06 PM

What's the point of this thread again?

Weekly recurring rank 1000+ axis only player rant on how the grass is greener on the other side despite the fact that axis stomps allies since last patch.
13 Oct 2018, 19:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

yes yes.......

13 Oct 2018, 19:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The shoutbox is far more effective for this kinds of topics. Locked
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
Korea, Republic Of 2
Russian Federation 79
Germany 4