Login

russian armor

Can USF get some real mines now please

11 Oct 2018, 05:30 AM

There's a lot of talk about how to balance US with how poorly its done in GCS

However, there's definitely seems to be a reluctance to give them AT gun in lieutenant tier, which honestly would be boring af because its one of the factions major asymmetries.

Giving USF mines would go a long way to fixing this problem, as bazookas a lone on rear echelon is simply just too dependant on bad play from the other player/ or suitable map that its not reliable in itself. For a faction that is extremely reliant of flanking, unmitgated light vehicle play can shut USF down in its tracks with minimal effort. The lack of mines also means much better risk reward benefit of light vehicle base diving for wipes/ ambulance.

Its about time USF gets real mines, for a muni starved faction like USF, mines would also be a healthy trade off against getting more BAR's and allow a well set up trap with bazookas to be actually effective (even the fear of mines would reduce the low risk base diving that people face vs USF at the moment)

"Lel not a balance issue l2p"
I'm not the greatest player but I'm ok and generally rank 500 ish in every faction, and this really isn't about me the GCS results speak for themselves.

"yeah more buffz for allies fan boys, DAE katitof pls go away"
I play and actually enjoy every faction in the game except maybe Soviets a little less, so no I don't fan boy USF. There's no reason to favor one faction over others with buffs, because you'll just end up with longer queue times.

"They already have mines from m20, git gud at using m20, i do it all the time, l2p issue"
This is disengenius expensive teller mines that 1 shot other vehicles locked behind a tech tier and also a vehicle like saying wehr pioneer shouldnt have mines because half track can use riegels.

11 Oct 2018, 06:19 AM

Except from asking what kind of mines would you like to see in USF's tools, i need to ask you some questions.
1. Will they be doctrinal or not?
2. Will they be dedicated anti-tank or general purpose mines?
3. Rear echelons have anti-tank mines, which cost 10 munitions each. I don't remember exactly, but do they damage tanks except from damaging their engine?
11 Oct 2018, 07:05 AM

Giving USF mines would go a long way to fixing this problem, as bazookas a lone on rear echelon is simply just too dependant on bad play from the other player/ or suitable map that its not reliable in itself.

Actually USF have a powerful stock mine on m20, the rear echelon mine, and in live 5 companies have access to "real" mines.

In addition they get stock tank traps which work very well in combination with mines and they can repair their vehicles that hit mines very easily.

If one decided to give them "real" mines one would also have to remove the ability to repair critical from the crews.
11 Oct 2018, 07:21 AM

No. That would be OP.

11 Oct 2018, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2018, 07:05 AMVipper

Actually USF have a powerful stock mine on m20, the rear echelon mine, and in live 5 companies have access to "real" mines.

In addition they get stock tank traps which work very well in combination with mines and they can repair their vehicles that hit mines very easily.

If one decided to give them "real" mines one would also have to remove the ability to repair critical from the crews.

RE mines only slow down the engine.
About the 5 companies, you mean also the ones with the assault engineers, right?
In total they are 4 i think.
And about the M20 mine, you HAVE to go M20 which 95% of the times you don't because its not that viable. Its only situational.
11 Oct 2018, 07:27 AM

About the 5 companies, you mean also the ones with the assault engineers, right?
And about the M20 mine, you HAVE to go M20 which 95% of the times you don't because its not that viable. Its only situational.

Its 5 you (get Assault engineer with the m3).

M-20 is situational but the mine is comparable with the doctrinal riegiel and it is very powerful.
11 Oct 2018, 07:30 AM

Maybe increase the cost of REs' mines, but also make the mines deal some damage on the tank, upon impact.
11 Oct 2018, 07:39 AM

Imo the best solution is to give normal mines to RE or at least give them the doctrine mines when you pick this specific commanders, instead of giving them to the RM. RM take forever to build them and they are also very busy fighting, no time for building mines.
M20 mines can only be used in early game because the M20 will get destroyed eventually, we want mines the hole game.
RE mines are ok imo.
11 Oct 2018, 07:40 AM

Rifleman's minning speed is also a problem. It requires almost three times the installation time of mines from other factions. It is a heavy penalty that the core combat unit, which is not an engineer, is tied to the landmine installation for such a long time.
11 Oct 2018, 13:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2018, 07:40 AMLoren
Rifleman's minning speed is also a problem. It requires almost three times the installation time of mines from other factions. It is a heavy penalty that the core combat unit, which is not an engineer, is tied to the landmine installation for such a long time.

I second this.
11 Oct 2018, 14:22 PM
Donator 11

I would say that is the only problem. Right now so many usf commanders have mines that you can pretty much count them as standard and not having them as a tradeoff of the commander. If they were practical to use with shorter build time, usf wouln't really suffer from the lack of mines at all. Especially as their non-doc mine is the best one in the game (m20 one), on par with ostheer doctrinal variant.

In fact, when you divide mines into types: light AT, light AI, universal, heavy AT, then usf is the only faction that can have access to 3 of these types at once, and they do that with half of their commanders. Other factions can have up to 2 of these at once, even with rare doctrinal abilities. So arguably, usf has the best access to mines among all the factions.
11 Oct 2018, 14:50 PM

+1 I was going to suggest buffing the Field Defenses mine laying speed for Heavy Calvary and Infantry company. You very rarely see people making use of this ability because of how long it takes. Otherwise FINALLY fixing the M20's insane MP cost would help out at lot as well- right now it just doesn't make since to invest in a unit that has a very short shock value window just to lay mines. I can't remember the last time I've seen a M20 let alone the Mines.
11 Oct 2018, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2018, 07:27 AMVipper

Its 5 you (get Assault engineer with the m3).

M-20 is situational but the mine is comparable with the doctrinal riegiel and it is very powerful.

M3 is not used, so this does not count.
11 Oct 2018, 15:46 PM

Permanently Banned
HAHAHAHA. I can't believe someone still isn't satisfied with the number of ways u can get mines and demos as the USF. You get mines with HALF of all doctrines. And those doctrines are all damn good now. USF wasn't even supposed to get rear echelon mines in the first place, and now u want MORE. Just like how u begged for a mortar, and pershing. Riflemen take longer to lay mines because you have at least three of them while other factions usually only have one repair unit at the start.
11 Oct 2018, 17:14 PM

HAHAHAHA. I can't believe someone still isn't satisfied with the number of ways u can get mines and demos as the USF. You get mines with HALF of all doctrines. And those doctrines are all damn good now. USF wasn't even supposed to get rear echelon mines in the first place, and now u want MORE. Just like how u begged for a mortar, and pershing. Riflemen take longer to lay mines because you have at least three of them while other factions usually only have one repair unit at the start.

The USF mortar is in T0, and is has inferior range to other mortars. And it's used to counter Wehrmacht's MGs. The M26 Pershing is a heavy tank which is mostly anti-infantry, and struggles to penetrate Panther's armor. A heavy tank can barely hold its ground against a medium! So i can't understand why you got mad.
11 Oct 2018, 17:32 PM

The USF mortar is in T0, and is has inferior range to other mortars. And it's used to counter Wehrmacht's MGs. The M26 Pershing is a heavy tank which is mostly anti-infantry, and struggles to penetrate Panther's armor. A heavy tank can barely hold its ground against a medium! So i can't understand why you got mad.
]

because he is just axis crying boy

11 Oct 2018, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2018, 17:32 PMblancat
]

because he is just axis crying boy

There's no need to say things like this. People in the comments here are right. USF has access to 3 different mines at the same time. And i know that M20 is situational, so it goes down to 2 at the same time.
11 Oct 2018, 17:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

No they can't. The asymmetric people said so.

As far as the other questionable posts in this thread..... yikes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★