Login

russian armor

Can USF get some real mines now please

11 Oct 2018, 17:59 PM

There's no need to say things like this. People in the comments here are right. USF has access to 3 different mines at the same time. And i know that M20 is situational, so it goes down to 2 at the same time.

M20 mine -> 340mp 20fuel for 240hp light vehicle, need 70 muni for skirt, finally get 320hp wow!!

but 222 car easily counter M20 even 222 car is more cheap

M6 is good? too long to build and more expensive than teller mine (60 / 50)

echelon light mine -> u seriously use this mine? just do little dmg and stop vehicle few minutes

no one think this is "useful"

demo charge -> come on, who care this trash? and this is doctrine unit skill(assult engineer)

if u dont know what am i saying, just play soem USF
11 Oct 2018, 18:07 PM

people are ignoring the key issue here, the fact USF already have mines. Just that they are tiered to an overpriced vehicle that gets bullied by a 200mp 15f 222.

What I propose is put the mp cost down to 200 and pop cap to mirror the bren carrier, also increase the repair speed on heavy vehicles for the crew. Then we would see people building them lategame to polish off an army comp for mobile repairs and mines rather than a dead unit it currently is.

It's a utility car but right now it's stuck between being an overpriced combat vehicle and a meh utility vehicle. If you want an interesting unit buff the utility side of it repairs, scouting, mine laying as already mentioned.

This way USF can have their tool but in a unique flavour, kind of like how coming brit snares will be on royal engies.
11 Oct 2018, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2018, 17:59 PMblancat

M20 mine -> 340mp 20fuel for 240hp light vehicle, need 70 muni for skirt, finally get 320hp wow!!

but 222 car easily counter M20 even 222 car is more cheap

M6 is good? too long to build and more expensive than teller mine (60 / 50)

echelon light mine -> u seriously use this mine? just do little dmg and stop vehicle few minutes

no one think this is "useful"

demo charge -> come on, who care this trash? and this is doctrine unit skill(assult engineer)

if u dont know what am i saying, just play soem USF

I know what you're saying because i am playing USF mate. Maybe a buff on Rear Echelon's mines will be good. And by saying buff, i mean deal more damage.

people are ignoring the key issue here, the fact USF already have mines. Just that they are tiered to an overpriced vehicle that gets bullied by a 200mp 15f 222.

What I propose is put the mp cost down to 200 and pop cap to mirror the bren carrier, also increase the repair speed on heavy vehicles for the crew. Then we would see people building them lategame to polish off an army comp for mobile repairs and mines rather than a dead unit it currently is.

It's a utility car but right now it's stuck between being an overpriced combat vehicle and a meh utility vehicle. If you want an interesting unit buff the utility side of it repairs, scouting, mine laying as already mentioned.

This way USF can have their tool but in a unique flavour, kind of like how coming brit snares will be on royal engies.

Don't forget that the M20 crew has bazookas to defend itself
11 Oct 2018, 18:18 PM

Don't forget that the M20 crew has bazookas to defend itself

They don't get bazookas, they get one zook.
11 Oct 2018, 18:24 PM

They don't get bazookas, they get one zook.

Yeah, this. Still, even if you want to take a second bazooka, the squad is so fragile and it will die very fast
11 Oct 2018, 20:53 PM

Permanently Banned
I do agree that the m20 is overpriced and I think to solution should simply be to increase the fuel cost to around 45 and have the skirts preinstalled.

The only other problem with USF is obviously teching. Switching the AAHT and Stuart's position can easily rectify that problem. AT and suppression in both tech tiers.
11 Oct 2018, 21:21 PM

The RE light vehicle mines are actually a neat idea I think, I haven't got too much use out of them yet but I have a suspicion that people just aren't using the RE mines properly yet. Let's be honest, the standard 30-muni mines can really suck when they take out 1~2 Pioneers or Rear Echelon troops, leaving the way open for vehicles to drive in, these mines are at least dedicated anti-vehicle.

I do agree that the m20 is overpriced and I think to solution should simply be to increase the fuel cost to around 45 and have the skirts preinstalled.

The only other problem with USF is obviously teching. Switching the AAHT and Stuart's position can easily rectify that problem. AT and suppression in both tech tiers.

How is the solution to something being overpriced to increase the price? :p Would rather just lower the manpower to something more sensible like 220 ~ 240, as many people have said, then it will get used a bit more.

Also agree however that we should still seriously think about switching about the tech - at the moment LT tier locks you in to one of the two airborne commanders (with droppable AT guns), which limits the range of play styles available.
12 Oct 2018, 00:20 AM

So you would pay 340MP 45 fuel for something that performs worse than 200MP 30 fuel 222? Sounds like a really great idea.
12 Oct 2018, 00:26 AM

Permanently Banned

So you would pay 340MP 45 fuel for something that performs worse than 200MP 30 fuel 222? Sounds like a really great idea.

U get a zook squad, too and riegel mines. If u need to just use the RE as the crew. The mg on the m20 does around the same dps vs inf as the 222's mg and its autocannon. Only downside is that it relies on the zook for AT.
12 Oct 2018, 05:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

...but also make the mines deal some damage on the tank, upon impact.

Which they already do...
12 Oct 2018, 05:19 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'm hardly opposed to the idea of them getting mines as a faction, but I very much doubt that this would noticeably affect USF's performance.
12 Oct 2018, 05:21 AM

Which they already do...

It doesn't deal much damage, but again, the main purpose of those mines is to disable tanks for a while and prevent the enemy from diving you
12 Oct 2018, 06:36 AM

The M26 Pershing is a heavy tank which is mostly anti-infantry, and struggles to penetrate Panther's armor.

You do know that the m26 has more armour and equal pen to the panther, right?
12 Oct 2018, 07:58 AM

I'm not sure changing USF mines is going to do anything at this stage of the game.
USF need some changes but mines are probably the least important.
12 Oct 2018, 09:17 AM

You do know that the m26 has more armour and equal pen to the panther, right?

It's weird, because in every game i have fielded a M26, it can't hold its ground against a Panther. And i have also seen M26's shot bouncing on a Panther.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2018, 07:58 AMEsxile
I'm not sure changing USF mines is going to do anything at this stage of the game.
USF need some changes but mines are probably the least important.

What kind of changes do USF need?
12 Oct 2018, 15:58 PM

It's weird, because in every game i have fielded a M26, it can't hold its ground against a Panther. And i have also seen M26's shot bouncing on a Panther.

I've seen jacksons bounce shots from a p4, but you don't see me going around saying that the Jackson has good armour
12 Oct 2018, 16:42 PM

It's weird, because in every game i have fielded a M26, it can't hold its ground against a Panther.

Given that the Panther serves a tank destroyer role in this game, I'd say that's working as intended then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★