Login

russian armor

Green cover? not today...

6 Oct 2018, 21:49 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

You can scroll with your mouse over the place and see everywhere green cover. Then my unit was standing in green cover. Some sec later --> NOPE there is no green cover anymore...

GGWP REKT. I heard this game is esports ready :lol:

Rip sniper :(

https://prnt.sc/l30i0e
6 Oct 2018, 21:57 PM
Donator 11

You can see the sniper wasn't in green cover spot because there was no shield by its icon. This is a good sign to change spot slightly. Also, when you order sniper to move, there has to be a green dot around cover, otherwise it won't be in cover even if the cursor says so.

I mean, I'm sure you know it but this posts suggests otherwise so just in case ;)
6 Oct 2018, 21:59 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

You can see the sniper wasn't in green cover spot because there was no shield by its icon. This is a good sign to change spot slightly. Also, when you order sniper to move, there has to be a green dot around cover, otherwise it won't be in cover even if the cursor says so.

I know that there is no green cover icon on my sniper. But the question is why?
As you can see short time before it worked as intended ...
A_E
6 Oct 2018, 22:05 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

L2P, GET GOOD!

Everyone knows you can't hide a sniper in the same place twice!
6 Oct 2018, 22:06 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2018, 22:05 PMA_E
L2P, GET GOOD!

Everyone knows you can't hide a sniper in the same place twice!

:rofl:

:new:
6 Oct 2018, 22:07 PM
Donator 11

I know that there is no green cover icon on my sniper. But the question is why?
As you can see short time before it worked as intended ...

It is not standing in exactly the same place, so there is probably no cover spot where it stands the second time. It used to happen much more often before cover density changes, but you still should double check the cover status with the sniper. That is all I know sadly.
6 Oct 2018, 23:27 PM

This happens to me too, you need to really keep an eye on the sniper icon and see if he is in cover at all times :/.
6 Oct 2018, 23:38 PM

It happened to me as well on various occasions.

Many times I would also command the sniper to cap a point by standing in it, and it wouldn't capture it, even though it was clearly into the capture area, whereas any other unit would capture it.
7 Oct 2018, 00:17 AM

I've noticed that happening to me too. Just gotta be careful I guess.
7 Oct 2018, 14:29 PM

Anyone have an answer for this? COH2 maps are broken down into 2 dimensional arrays with each element representing 1 meter of space. I am not sure of any tools that show how cover is calculated but here is the strange result of this object.

I moused around the object and found that one cell is NOT green cover. This spot will now forever be called the Sturmpanther spot :P

As Ferwiner suggested, we should always take the time to look at the cover spot indicators on the terrain.

It appears that the object cover is calculated from a circle and this object is off center from the grid. So there is a single cell visible that is "inside" the circle and is not considered to be cover.

The problem is that the IMPASS calculations must be different from the cover calculations. If they both used the same circle for calculations, the Sturmpanther Spot™ would be considered impassable and you could not move into it.

[news voice] We will be bringing you updates as this mystery unfolds...[/news voice]
7 Oct 2018, 14:44 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Anyone have an answer for this? COH2 maps are broken down into 2 dimensional arrays with each element representing 1 meter of space. I am not sure of any tools that show how cover is calculated but here is the strange result of this object.

I moused around the object and found that one cell is NOT green cover. This spot will now forever be called the Sturmpanther spot :P

As Ferwiner suggested, we should always take the time to look at the cover spot indicators on the terrain.

It appears that the object cover is calculated from a circle and this object is off center from the grid. So there is a single cell visible that is "inside" the circle and is not considered to be cover.

The problem is that the IMPASS calculations must be different from the cover calculations. If they both used the same circle for calculations, the Sturmpanther Spot™ would be considered impassable and you could not move into it.

[news voice] We will be bringing you updates as this mystery unfolds...[/news voice]

Well done!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS