Login

russian armor

about small arms fire

5 Oct 2018, 20:40 PM

Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post, but are other values like penetration also linear and does this apply to most weapons in the game (including infantry weapons)? I always kinda assumed they were just thresholds where if you were a meter over, then it’d apply the lesser value.

Accuracy and penetration are linear value for all weapons (flamers have constant value in all ranges).

I have a guide here that hopefully is correct and might be helpful:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/231279/a-guide-to-d-p-s-basics#latest
5 Oct 2018, 20:51 PM

Nice! Great information, thank you.
5 Oct 2018, 21:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Still don't get it. "linear" as taken from Google
progressing from one stage to another in a single series of steps; sequential.

If that's correct than that means accuracy, penetration etc stats change after they cross their thresholds.

If that is actually NOT what is intended, than I believe the word meaning here is "dynamic".

If the penetration value goes 50% between mid and far when you're 50% between mid and far ranges, that is dynamic. If it remains at far till your cross the mid threshold, I'd say that is sequential.
5 Oct 2018, 21:24 PM

If that's correct than that means accuracy, penetration etc stats change after they cross their thresholds.

If that is actually NOT what is intended, than I believe the word meaning here is "dynamic".

If the penetration value goes 50% between mid and far when you're 50% between mid and far ranges, that is dynamic. If it remains at far till your cross the mid threshold, I'd say that is sequential.

I think he means linear like the mathematical term. Look up a linear function as opposed to a step function (thresholds).
5 Oct 2018, 21:28 PM

Linear as an linear equation Y=a*X

Examples puma has:
Penetration near 160
Penetration mid 120
Penetration far 80
Accuracy near 0.05
Accuracy mid 0.0375
Accuracy far 0.025
Range near 10
Range mid 30
Range far 50

Thus if a puma is firing at range 40 it would have 0.03125 accuracy and 100 penetration.

If the target was T-34/76 it would have around 69% chance to score a "natural" hit and if it scored a hit a 67% chance to penetrate lowering the chance to cause damage (hit and penetrate) to 46% which is not that great.
5 Oct 2018, 21:29 PM

Nice! Great information, thank you.

Happy you find this useful
5 Oct 2018, 23:36 PM

Got it. All good now.
5 Oct 2018, 23:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

What vipper and loopdloop already said. I dont think anyone would use the term dynamic for this kind of graph/function/relationship, and I'm pretty sure if you tried to describe a non-constant linear function as dynamic in an academic setting, people would look at you weird.

Edit: beating you over the head with this

2x edit: that is to say, I guess its not necessarily wrong to say dynamic, just weird and unconventional because of how general the word is
5 Oct 2018, 23:39 PM

What vipper and loopdloop already said. I dont think anyone would use the term dynamic for this kind of graph/function/relationship, and I'm pretty sure if you tried to describe a non-constant linear function as dynamic in an academic setting, people would look at you weird.

Edit: beating you over the head with this

I'm sure people would look at me weird if I used dynamic in an academic setting. Shouldn't you be beating me over the head with snipers? :gimpy:
5 Oct 2018, 23:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Shouldn't you be beating me over the head with snipers? :gimpy:

Textbook l2p issue imo. Top 10 players hit more retreat shots with snipers because theyre better :romeoPro:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★