Login

russian armor

Reduce the cost of tier 4

PAGES (8)down
5 Oct 2018, 20:25 PM

Permanently Banned
People arguing Puma hard counters T34 because of kiting but supported the KT nerf when the same strat could be applied :thinking:

Lets compare a mobile turreted light tank (race car I mean) with spotting scopes? and smoke and criticals that shuts down any light play from allied side and now even mediums to slow lumbering hunk of overnerfed garbage that is Allied TD's now (especially 85 compared to others) with a case of the heaviest armor vehicle with highest HP

Ok this is epic
5 Oct 2018, 20:28 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Lets compare a mobile turreted light tank (race car I mean) with spotting scopes? and smoke and criticals that shuts down any light play from allied side and now even mediums to slow lumbering hunk of overnerfed garbage that is Allied TD's now (especially 85 compared to others) with a case of the heaviest armor vehicle with highest HP

Ok this is epic

I would LOVE to play against you. I bet your KT plays are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. The unit is just so good it was never used in top play of the GCS2.

But really... if you're just going to spout BS, can you go to steam forums or something?
5 Oct 2018, 20:30 PM

Permanently Banned

I would LOVE to play against you. I bet your KT plays are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. The unit is just so good it was never used in top play of the GCS2.

But really... if you're just going to spout BS, can you go to steam forums or something?

Nice argument that really unbenched what I said, good job.
Very epic.

And please, I'm 100% sure we both know what kind of moderator rules over steam forums..

And stop acting like GCS and 1v1 is the benchmark for all balance, acting stupid.
>Not used in gcs bad unit waaahhh

Did ISU,KV-2 or IS-2 get used a single time ? I don't think so but havent checked. Highly doubt it. Guess theyre utter garbage, buffs when?

Bet they didnt use a lot of units
5 Oct 2018, 20:35 PM

Nice argument that really unbenched what I said, good job.
Very epic.

And please, I'm 100% sure we both know what kind of moderator rules over steam forums..

I haven no idea what mod moderates steam forums. Probably Valve or a relic employee. My arguement was as sound as yours. a.k.a. not at all.

lumbering hunk of overnerfed garbage that is Allied TD's now (especially 85 compared to others) with a case of the heaviest armor vehicle with highest HP

Like this here is just so hilariously incorrect I don't even know if you play the same game. The jackson is the most mobile stock TD of any faction; the KT holds neither the most armor or HP in the game. Again if you think this is true I can see why your opinion is so skewed. But the fact is they're not true.
5 Oct 2018, 20:39 PM

People arguing Puma hard counters T34 because of kiting but supported the KT nerf when the same strat could be applied :thinking:

Contrary to KT, puma never evaporated squads with one shot every second shot(outside of that one time it did cleared garrisons with vet1 ability).

Also, its armor, HP and speed are exactly as they always were.
5 Oct 2018, 20:40 PM

Permanently Banned

I haven no idea what mod moderates steam forums. Probably Valve or a relic employee. My arguement was as sound as yours. a.k.a. not at all.

Like this here is just so hilariously incorrect I don't even know if you play the same game. The jackson is the most mobile stock TD of any faction; the KT holds neither the most armor or HP in the game. Again if you think this is true I can see why your opinion is so skewed. But the fact is they're not true.

His name starts with I and ends in E.

Jackson is as mobile as Panther? or we gonna pretend panther is a proper medium now? lmao. Not to forget panic smokes and various other buffs. And I was mainly pointing at the fact they got pop cap raped to death last patches and Jackson received some nerfs after some buffs. And yeah, I'd much rather have a jackson than 85

And please tell me what holds the most armor and HP if not KT? Last time I checked KT holds same armour values (frontally) as IS-2 and 1260 or so HP.
5 Oct 2018, 20:48 PM

Jackson is as mobile as Panther?..

Actually it is:
Panther:
Speed: 6.6 Accel: 2.4 Rotate: 30
m36_tank
Speed: 6.5 Accel: 3 Rotate: 30

25% more acceleration for 1.5% more speed I would call them at least even.
5 Oct 2018, 20:53 PM

Contrary to KT, puma never evaporated squads with one shot every second shot(outside of that one time it did cleared garrisons with vet1 ability).

Also, its armor, HP and speed are exactly as they always were.

The puma is in the kiting role, the one that shoots at tanks, so I'm not sure why the KT is being compared to the puma in terms of AI. In this comparison I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people saying "the puma can just kite the T34 and kill it", but somehow people couldn't do that with the KT to beat them. Instead we just tripled its scatter so hits as frequently as the IS2 and removed any validity of the tank.

His name starts with I and ends in E.

Jackson is as mobile as Panther? or we gonna pretend panther is a proper medium now? lmao. Not to forget panic smokes and various other buffs. And I was mainly pointing at the fact they got pop cap raped to death last patches and Jackson received some nerfs after some buffs. And yeah, I'd much rather have a jackson than 85

And please tell me what holds the most armor and HP if not KT? Last time I checked KT holds same armour values (frontally) as IS-2 and 1260 or so HP.

Churchill has more HP, JT holds the most armor. There's a new vehicle video by tightrope in trending that shows both of these. The jackson is very much as mobile as the panther.
5 Oct 2018, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 19:25 PMTobis

He's trolling you or delusional, not worth arguing. Let it go.

Well ... that's why I reported him ...
5 Oct 2018, 21:01 PM

The puma is in the kiting role[...]

Ah, pardon then, let me quickly re-phrase that:

You don't need 5 minutes of constant shooting at T34 to kill it while it one shots all your infantry in vincinity.
aaa
5 Oct 2018, 21:19 PM

No to op.

Waiting for medium is a period when one just play in defence.
5 Oct 2018, 23:48 PM

So I am the biased one? You do realize, that a scout car hasn't the same priority as T2?
While a scout car is nice and dandy with Flamers in it it is no must-have. That is different with T2. Without Pak 40 you are screwed against Tanks of every kind and without Flametruck/222 you will lack a lot of AI power. Not building a damn scout car hasn't even near the same effect as
not building T2

So just because I don't want to make the best fraction in game even more OP I am biased?

tbh i find the scout car a useful tool for flanking and flaming out targets or inflicting bleed upon ostheer or chasing out and satcheling that nasty flamer HT... its use as a mobile garrison for infantry cannot be understated even vs ostheer imo

But OST without T2 has a lot of AT options right?
(And you know what a Zis 3 is? You don't need to go T1)

sov going T1 has only 1 more AT option against OST going T2... and thats running around with a scout car with PTRS penals... meanwhile ost has tellers...

Nice strawman you got there.
Never said I wanted OST to have cheaper theching. All I did was pointing out, that a T 34 after 220 fuel would be broken as garden and that OST teching IS already More expensive than SU one.

OST: T1/10 F + BP1/40 F + T2/20 F + BP2/ 90 + T3/15 F = 175 F
SU: T1/10 F/ T2/20 F + T3/ 85 F + T4/ 90 F = 185/195 F

your argument is self contradictory... and since u did it without a T2 skip it proves that OST teching is cheaper...

Don't let your tanks be without support ... you said it yourself in another thread.
Pz 4 won't have an easy game against T 34 + Penals + Cons (or Zis 3) + Mines

this is a given... but the P4 has an advantage provided the T-34 doesnt ram and satchel...

OST needs 10! fuel less to reach T3! Than SU needs to reach T4. So much to the *hurr durr*
"ridiculously cheaper"

proves my point... ost teching is cheaper... youre contradicting yourself

OST: 175 F + 222/ 30 F + 251/ 30 F + Pz 4/ 120 F = 355 F Till Pz 4
SU: 185/195 + T70/ 70 Fuel + T34 / 90 F = 345/355 F Till T 34

if we add all that we also add in the m3a1 and factor in T2 builds
SU: 185 + M3a1/15 fuel + T70/ 70 Fuel + T34 / 90 F = 355 F Till T 34

T2 build
SU: 195 + molly/15 fuel + AT grenade/ 25 fuel + T70/ 70 Fuel + T34 / 90 F = 395!!! F Till T 34

dont get me started on a t1-t2 build...

So you claim again, that Pz 4 comes earlyer (assuming that you skip T 70 since you claimed, that even then Pz 4 comes earlyer) even tho I showed you 3 times already, that this is not true

lets imply a T2 skip/scout car skip for both sides... absolutely no vehicles fielded till p4/T-34 since both T1s moderately helpless against them...
OST to P4 = T1 (10 fuel) + BP1 (40 fuel) + BP2 (90 fuel) + T3 (15 fuel) + Panzer 4 (125 fuel)=280 fuel
SU to T-34 = T1 (10 fuel) / T2 (20 fuel) T3 (85 fuel) + T4 (90 fuel) = 275/280 fuel
... unless either of us are doing calculation mistakes it means the T-34 and P4 come at the exact same time correct?... what i find most peculiar is the fact that a 90 fuel tank comes at the same time as a 120 fuel tank... if you think this is a good thing then make that your argument and stop claiming the T34 comes later or sov techs for less

"I already have T 70 on the field during a time where my enemy can't do much against him except using AT guns but i also want my first medium tank to arrive sooner, even tho he already does"

... and btw. Did you know that you can use T 70 to kill his 222/251 and capture both fuels?
Your T 34 will then comes even more earlyer than his Pz 4 + you will have T 34 + T 70 + Support
and he only Pz 4 + Support

at-cars are soo much better at killing 251s believe me... but yes... but argument that the T-34 coming earlier than the P4 is complete bullshit and thats what im trying to disprove

So just because I don't want to make the best fraction in game even more OP I am biased?

that should have been your argument... to try to show me how it would break the game not claim the T-34 comes earlier or that ost teching comes cheaper... because that argument is completely bullshit

if you think that ost teching being cheaper is good for the meta then argue there... dont try to prove that SOV teching is cheaper bcz its not...

6 Oct 2018, 00:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 19:25 PMTobis

He's trolling you or delusional, not worth arguing. Let it go.

trying to disprove bullshit is trolling?
6 Oct 2018, 08:08 AM

Permanently Banned

The puma is in the kiting role, the one that shoots at tanks, so I'm not sure why the KT is being compared to the puma in terms of AI. In this comparison I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people saying "the puma can just kite the T34 and kill it", but somehow people couldn't do that with the KT to beat them. Instead we just tripled its scatter so hits as frequently as the IS2 and removed any validity of the tank.

Churchill has more HP, JT holds the most armor. There's a new vehicle video by tightrope in trending that shows both of these. The jackson is very much as mobile as the panther.

I stand corrected, I thought Churchill's HP was brough back in line with others.

And Jackson is as mobile yeah, but the trade off with Panthers HP and armor while jackson is made out of swiss cheese.
6 Oct 2018, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 23:48 PMgbem

sov going T1 has only 1 more AT option against OST going T2... and thats running around with a scout car with PTRS penals... meanwhile ost has tellers...

And soviets don't have mines? And btw. what do you mean OST going T2? Nearly no OST player will ever Skip T2 ...

your argument is self contradictory... and since u did it without a T2 skip it proves that OST teching is cheaper...

How so? You do realize that Ost got a T4? So after they spend 175 F till T3 they still need to spend fuel on T4.

And one more time: No one will ever skip T2. In GSC2 it was done exactly 0 times

this is a given... but the P4 has an advantage provided the T-34 doesnt ram and satchel...

Please don't tell me that you use your first T 34 on full health to ram Pz 4s ...

proves my point... ost teching is cheaper... youre contradicting yourself

Ignoring T4 again aren't we? And btw. your point was that even if SU skips T 70 the T 34 comes after Pz 4. Which isn't true.

dont get me started on a t1-t2 build...

Why? You were the one claiming that SU needs to go T1+T2 because of smoke support ...

lets imply a T2 skip/scout car skip for both sides... absolutely no vehicles fielded till p4/T-34 since both T1s moderately helpless against them...

*Let's set up a totally imaginary situation which will never happen like that

OST to P4 = T1 (10 fuel) + BP1 (40 fuel) + BP2 (90 fuel) + T3 (15 fuel) + Panzer 4 (125 fuel)=280 fuel

So OST skips T2? What if the SU player decided to roll a T 70 out?

unless either of us are doing calculation mistakes

(10 fuel) / T2 (20 fuel) T3 (85 fuel) + T4 (90 fuel) = 275/280 fuel

Panzer 4 (125 fuel)

it means the T-34 and P4 come at the exact same time correct?

In a imaginary situation which will never happen like that. Yes.

... what i find most peculiar is the fact that a 90 fuel tank comes at the same time as a 120 fuel tank

It doesn't

and stop claiming the T34 comes later

Never did anyways

that should have been your argument... to try to show me how it would break the game

So I shall show you how a a T 34 after 220 fuel would break the game?

10/10 would report for trolling again

6 Oct 2018, 23:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

And one more time: No one will ever skip T2. In GSC2 it was done exactly 0 times

T2 skip happens sometimes, when somebody goes for a puma. Happened quite a few times in GCS. Puma costs double the fuel of just going t2, so slows the p4 rush down even more.

No Ostheer player will ever skip t2 and the puma unless they are just annihilating the opponent. Leaves you with literally no AT power besides the faust and mines.

Then quit replying to him.
7 Oct 2018, 04:29 AM

And soviets don't have mines? And btw. what do you mean OST going T2? Nearly no OST player will ever Skip T2 ...

tellers actually oneshot... and arent detonated by infantry... they can end a T-70 far easier than a TM-33 will end a luchs or a halftrack... hell in my ost games i just detonate TM-33s with pios over opting for a sweeper... you actually have to get a sweeper vs ost... my point is the teller is far superior to the TM-33

How so? You do realize that Ost got a T4? So after they spend 175 F till T3 they still need to spend fuel on T4.

Ignoring T4 again aren't we? And btw. your point was that even if SU skips T 70 the T 34 comes after Pz 4. Which isn't true.

OST T3 and SOV T4 are fairly similar with the exception of the katyusha... most games occur with OST not opting for T4 and exploiting the opponent with T3 p4/stug spam as its more than enough to deal with SOV T4....

when ost does go for T4 it usually puts it behind in the tank game and puts it in a slight disadvantage... the panther and brummbar for example cannot match the cost efficiency of the StuG/P4/ostwind... therefore the only real reason to go for T4 would be the panzerwerfer... this is outside of teamgames ofc

Please don't tell me that you use your first T 34 on full health to ram Pz 4s ...

i ram with full health T-34s if the enemy overextends and i am sure i can get a clear run to eliminate your P4... exchanging a 90 fuel tank for a 120 fuel one is always a good thing...

Why? You were the one claiming that SU needs to go T1+T2 because of smoke support ...

But OST without T2 has a lot of AT options right?
(And you know what a Zis 3 is? You don't need to go T1)

really m8? self contradictory arguments again...

my bad... for some reason i remember the P4 costing 125 fuel... maybe that was before a patch of something...

*Let's set up a totally imaginary situation which will never happen like that

So OST skips T2? What if the SU player decided to roll a T 70 out?

In a imaginary situation which will never happen like that. Yes.

if ost goes T2 SOV is also fucked due to the lack of a t70 and/or AT gun... you know ive actually had this situation quite a few times... radio intercept allows me to silently observe OST teching and respond appropriately to his actions... i figured out that he was going straight for a P4 and spammed tellers as a form of protection against a T-70... of course i didnt rush a T-34 rather i just used spy network + partisans to screw up his rush...

but the point is the situation you describe has happened before... its not some imaginary situation...

It doesn't

yes it does

this time ive double checked the numbers and redone my calculations...

no T2 skip... standard build by both factions
OST: 175 F + 222/ 30 F + 251/ 30 F + Pz 4/ 120 F = 355 F Till Pz 4
T1
SU: 185 + M3a1/15 fuel + T70/ 70 Fuel + T34 / 90 F = 355 F Till T 34
T2 build
SU: 195 + molly/15 fuel + AT grenade/ 25 fuel + T70/ 70 Fuel + T34 / 90 F = 395!!! F Till T 34

either way the T-34 and the P4 comes at the same time or the T-34 coming much later... a 120 fuel tank coming on or before a 90 fuel tank.... case in point ost teching is cheaper

Never did anyways

You need 10 fuel more to reach T4 as SU than OST needs to reach T3. But on the other hand you can push T 34 out earlier due higher price of Pz 4.

self contradictory arguments again...

seriously man stop contradicting yourself...

even tobis proved this false despite his accusations that i am trolling... which begs the question... how the hell am i trolling???...

So I shall show you how a a T 34 after 220 fuel would break the game?

actually now i agree a 220 fuel T-34 might break the game... it should be 245 fuel to make it even with OST...
90 fuel T-34 vs 120 fuel P4

skip vehicles and T2
245 to T34 vs 275 to P4

standard build for both factions
325 to T34 vs 355 to P4

is everyone who disagrees with you a troll?
7 Oct 2018, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2018, 23:24 PMTobis

I still dont see how anything ive posted is trolling... all ive done is calculate the numbers and using them as basis for an argument...

the bulk of the argument was directed at the appropriate calculation that should be used... but while me and matrix added actual useful data to the calculation here you are making baseless accusations...

if anything you are the troll derailing the discussion... add something constructive over accusing people of trolling...
7 Oct 2018, 12:58 PM

T2 skip happens sometimes, when somebody goes for a puma. Happened quite a few times in GCS. Puma costs double the fuel of just going t2, so slows the p4 rush down even more.

No Ostheer player will ever skip t2 and the puma unless they are just annihilating the opponent. Leaves you with literally no AT power besides the faust and mines.

Ok thanks. Didn't knew that this was acutally done. Seems like "GCS2 Game Stats with Siphon X" also has its flaws.

I just wanted to prevent other (new) players from falling for his ... not so nice ... proposals
7 Oct 2018, 14:08 PM

I just wanted to prevent other (new) players from falling for his ... not so nice ... proposals

my proposal is to even out the teching cost for OST and SOV... if you think that this is a bad idea then explain appropriately
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS