Login

russian armor

Axis artillery/Lefh overperforming

PAGES (7)down
10 Oct 2018, 15:22 PM

this type of dumb logic is why emplacement cancer still exists

How is it fair that a bofors with nano FHQ repair can survive against double mortar? Doctrinal cheese like this needs to be wiped from the game.

Probably because double mortar doesn't counter emplacements...

Mortar pits especially will munch on 2 mortars all day, as they should.

If you're taking 2 mortars and expecting that to win you the game that's why you're struggling with emplacements. Also no. 2 mortars should not be the answer to virtually half the british roster. (even though they virtually already are) Unfortunately you need to actually use a bit of intelligence when dealing with emplacements as it should be.

The counter to emplacements is forcing them to brace and then attacking them when their brace is on cool down or about to end with panzerschreks, incendiary nades, AT guns or LefHs etc. A better counter to the bofors would probably be 2 AT guns for a start not mortars, they're more accurate and have higher dps.

This type of dumb logic is why OST is plagued by MG and mortar spammers who play the same strat every game and rage quit as soon as they get countered.
10 Oct 2018, 18:37 PM

If you really struggle against howitzers you have picked doctrines too fast lacking a reconnaissance tool (alternatively: no USF equals no major reconnaissance; I see USF is not an option if your whole team is Soviets though) and a precision artillery strike. Furthermore you are not relocating your units fast enough to turn the howitzer into an inappropriate investment.

Especially if we talk about 3v3/4v4 there should be enough players to reserve someone for picking howitzer counter tools (for example: Soviet Combined Arms Army).

All this is true when playing with an arranged team. When playing with random, it's really difficult to get the coordination required to take down multiple howitzers. Soviet Combined Arms runs out of munitions too fast to be an effective counter if you have to recon and bomb by yourself. I'm not sure there's a good answer to that problem because if you made the doctrine more efficient, then it would be awful to face when playing against an arranged team.
10 Oct 2018, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2018, 18:37 PMGrumpy

All this is true when playing with an arranged team. When playing with random, it's really difficult to get the coordination required to take down multiple howitzers. Soviet Combined Arms runs out of munitions too fast to be an effective counter if you have to recon and bomb by yourself. I'm not sure there's a good answer to that problem because if you made the doctrine more efficient, then it would be awful to face when playing against an arranged team.

Tbh be honest I think no commander should have recon AND and offmap ability together.
10 Oct 2018, 23:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2018, 19:03 PMGrim

Tbh be honest I think no commander should have recon AND and offmap ability together.

I'd say the same if I could guarantee coordination from my team. But I can't so I'm quite glad they exist, so when no one will cooperate I can do it myself.
11 Oct 2018, 04:05 AM

Playing with random is always a crap shoot. Can hardly balance around THAT level of RNG. blast. I played with a random that opened with t2 and zis spam so that "when they build tanks, I'll be ready"
11 Oct 2018, 06:47 AM

I'd say the same if I could guarantee coordination from my team. But I can't so I'm quite glad they exist, so when no one will cooperate I can do it myself.

It's kinda imbalanced though, since only Ostheer and Soviets have commanders with both. OKW, UKF and USF players will always have a disadvantage this way. OKW is arguably worst off as their only viable off-map arty is in a mediocre doctrine.
11 Oct 2018, 07:02 AM

It's kinda imbalanced though, since only Ostheer and Soviets have commanders with both. OKW, UKF and USF players will always have a disadvantage this way.

Every faction has at least one with both, apart from OKW, although OKW do have scavenge doctrine which you could find a work around using deep spawning jaegers and the 105 barrage. OST are spoiled for choice though.

USF:
Infantry Company, Major recon + time on target. (Good)
Armour company, Major recon + Railway. (Good)

Soviets:
Soviet combined arms, Recon + Il2 bombing run.

UKF:
Commando Regiment, Assault (gives recon) + Air supremacy (Best)
Royal Artillery, Early warning + Concentration barrage. (works)

OST:
Spearhead, Recon + frag bombs
Storm, Smoke bombs + Stuka dive bomb
Jaeger Armour, recon + Stuka dive bomb
11 Oct 2018, 07:26 AM

UKF:
Commando Regiment, Assault (gives recon) + Air supremacy (Best)

Not reliable. Only works in around 50-60% of cases. Air supremacy is just too inaccurate.
11 Oct 2018, 07:35 AM

It doesn't have to be, it allows you to attack LefHs. It's not as guaranteed as IL2 bombs but it's pretty damn good if you ask me, it has a bombing pattern, so if you position it right, it should destroy the gun almost all of the time. First bombs to drop are similar to IL2 bombs but not quite. It works often enough for me anyway. And it kills everything around it too, including other LefHs, So it's a bit of a trade off.
11 Oct 2018, 10:07 AM

OKW still has the absolute best recon in the game, so it's balanced in teamgames.
If you face heavy arti spam by allies, one of the teammates should go spec ops for arti flares for the plethora of call ins to nuke the arti pieces.
Especially if your recon plane gets shot down by the soviet meatgrinder before it can get to the target location. Then you wish you have arti flares
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
unknown 23
Peru 19
United Kingdom 201
Germany 34
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias