Login

russian armor

"balancing" discussions are ALL pointless

PAGES (7)down
4 Oct 2018, 19:21 PM

Then i'm wondering why the majority of the community agrees that some pros are totally toxic.

My point...

I would honestly debate that fact. Im glad you avoided using absolutes and kept to things like "majority" and "some," but even then I think you're overestimating. I imagine most people would define pro (for 1v1) as gcs2 level players. Even if you loosened up that definition to include gcs2 qualifier players (so the top 32 seeds from the list), I doubt anyone would really call a noticeable number of these players toxic.

Side note: According to completely subjective personal observations, a lot of people who are "anti-pro" are also pretty toxic (just so you know, im not referring to you with this, Overlord).

This too.
4 Oct 2018, 19:43 PM

I would honestly debate that fact. Im glad you avoided using absolutes and kept to things like "majority" and "some," but even then I think you're overestimating. I imagine most people would define pro (for 1v1) as gcs2 level players. Even if you loosened up that definition to include gcs2 qualifier players (so the top 32 seeds from the list), I doubt anyone would really call a noticeable number of these players toxic.

Side note: According to completely subjective personal observations, a lot of people who are "anti-pro" are also pretty toxic (just so you know, im not referring to you with this, Overlord).

Obviously not all of them are toxic. There are certain pro players who are toxic, others might be less toxic and others might be non-toxic at all. I think that most of you know about HelpingHans' rage (happened a long time ago, i wasn't even playing CoH2, nor i knew about the game).

Depends on which way "anti-pros" are toxic. I respect pros for their skill, i will not doubt it for any reason. But attitude and skill are 2 different things. I might like a pro for his skill, but i might don't like him at the same time because of his attitude. Again, my admiration of this skills remains.

PS : I'm toxic, but not in here. I'm toxic where i need to be toxic. And i know it's not a good thing and i must change that.
4 Oct 2018, 20:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Obviously not all of them are toxic. There are certain pro players who are toxic, others might be less toxic and others might be non-toxic at all. I think that most of you know about HelpingHans' rage (happened a long time ago, i wasn't even playing CoH2, nor i knew about the game).

Depends on which way "anti-pros" are toxic. I respect pros for their skill, i will not doubt it for any reason. But attitude and skill are 2 different things. I might like a pro for his skill, but i might don't like him at the same time because of his attitude. Again, my admiration of this skills remains.

PS : I'm toxic, but not in here. I'm toxic where i need to be toxic. And i know it's not a good thing and i must change that.

Right, that last point is pretty relevant. Hans isnt really toxic on this forum I think (unless this is something that predates my entry into coh2), mostly its rage on his own stream. Besides that, I can only think of one other "pro" player that people could possibly call toxic. That kind of proportion isnt really out of the ordinary (something like 2/32).
4 Oct 2018, 20:26 PM

Right, that last point is pretty relevant. Hans isnt really toxic on this forum I think (unless this is something that predates my entry into coh2), mostly its rage on his own stream. Besides that, I can only think of one other "pro" player that people could possibly call toxic. That kind of proportion isnt really out of the ordinary (something like 2/32).

Nah hes never really been an issue outside some minor things that have happened that were a little out there but other than that hes typically friendly to most people. Hes an emotional player and while I personally don't like his raging its something that for some people is hard to control. The only thing I can think of in recent memory was the restreaming of tournaments debacle.
4 Oct 2018, 22:40 PM

Obviously not all of them are toxic. There are certain pro players who are toxic, others might be less toxic and others might be non-toxic at all.

That can be said about literally any semi-random group of people in the history of mankind.

Also, OP: are we ever gonna have that rematch this weekend or not?
5 Oct 2018, 00:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Also, OP: are we ever gonna have that rematch this weekend or not?

Come on, dont do this :/

People should stop resorting to "1v1 me bro." It proves and solves nothing.
5 Oct 2018, 00:42 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I mean what else is there to do? Everyones voice on this forum can be heard, but whoever screams the loudest is the most heard. It doesn't matter what they say be it biased or non, so long as its above everyone elses. There is also no way of preventing bias in a constructive way either, since all sections are open to all players (except da supa sekret circle of balance bois)
5 Oct 2018, 01:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I mean what else is there to do? Everyones voice on this forum can be heard, but whoever screams the loudest is the most heard. It doesn't matter what they say be it biased or non, so long as its above everyone elses. There is also no way of preventing bias in a constructive way either, since all sections are open to all players (except da supa sekret circle of balance bois)

We prefer to be called The Knights of the Unbalanced Table thank you very much!
5 Oct 2018, 02:49 AM

Yeah well earlier in the thread he kept talking about how he beat me (while I was meming) and that I need to l2p, conflating an experiment of a dumb strategy (1 riflemen ffs) with me actually trying. So I do want to “1v1 him bro”.
5 Oct 2018, 02:59 AM

Yeah well earlier in the thread he kept talking about how he beat me (while I was meming) and that I need to l2p, conflating an experiment of a dumb strategy (1 riflemen ffs) with me actually trying. So I do want to “1v1 him bro”.

Incendiary rounds kept on bragging about how pro he was because he beat loopdloop in a meme match.... hey loop would it be ok if i spectate ur rematch with incendiaryrounds?
5 Oct 2018, 03:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 02:59 AMgbem

Incendiary rounds kept on bragging about how pro he was because he beat loopdloop in a meme match.... hey loop would it be ok if i spectate ur rematch with incendiaryrounds?

Idk how to stream or if we will even have a rematch but I can add you on steam for the spectating thing.

Addendum: if it’s against forum rules to challenge 1v1s in threads like this I’ll stop though. Not tryna get banned.
5 Oct 2018, 03:21 AM

Idk how to stream or if we will even have a rematch but I can add you on steam for the spectating thing.

Addendum: if it’s against forum rules to challenge 1v1s in threads like this I’ll stop though. Not tryna get banned.

Hmmm add me on steam and i think you invite to watch?
5 Oct 2018, 03:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 03:21 AMgbem

Hmmm add me on steam and i think you invite to watch?

Yeah. Assuming this actually happens.
7 Oct 2018, 23:46 PM

The discussions are pointless BECAUSE you look at GCS. 1v1 is a very special game mode and totally different from team games. Every decision you take to balance units in 1v1s (buff Jackson) has a severe impact on team games (now only Jackson spam plus blobbing USF infantry). The problem is that this is not considered. Take for example the upcoming changes to sappers which will get AT nades. At the same time you would need to nerf the at gun's accuracy because the only justification for it being so accurate is because UKF has no at nades. Since they probably wont do that, it will stir up balance quite a bit to a point where I really dont see a reason to build a Luchs anymore...
8 Oct 2018, 02:36 AM

Balance discussions are pointless because many ppl argue not wanting to "fix" things, just want to whine and get attention. But if you take that away, you find a great community with vast experience and many great players. Game is Hard. Period.
8 Oct 2018, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The discussions are pointless BECAUSE you look at GCS. 1v1 is a very special game mode and totally different from team games. Every decision you take to balance units in 1v1s (buff Jackson) has a severe impact on team games (now only Jackson spam plus blobbing USF infantry). The problem is that this is not considered. Take for example the upcoming changes to sappers which will get AT nades. At the same time you would need to nerf the at gun's accuracy because the only justification for it being so accurate is because UKF has no at nades. Since they probably wont do that, it will stir up balance quite a bit to a point where I really dont see a reason to build a Luchs anymore...

The advantage to build a light vehicle on teamgames is diluted by the fact that you are fielding more units on the map, therefore you are not stretching as thin in order to maintain map control. This gives less space for this type of units to shine.
The fact that you can skip tech and rely on your allied in order to fast tech is also another factor, as well as faster capping and benefiting from allied caches.

You are also wrong regarding that teamgames are not considered. In fact, the latest 2 years had changes focused on teamgames, and some of them actually broke the factions for 1v1 (see UKF and USF).

About UKF, welp, AT nades are been served to RE not IS. And unless you are far into the late game, you are not gonna have more than 1 or 2 of this squads in your army composition.

It's gonna be interesting to see what the upcoming 2v2 tournament will show us.
8 Oct 2018, 12:15 PM

Permanently Banned

I'd hardly call Dane a pro, hes a uber axis bias player that cries foul whenever his opponent bests him, usually not blaming himself or saying his opponent beat him. Say something like "The old OKW KT win button was broken and deserved to be nerfed." and he delivers you a perma ban.

Too bad he rules over steam forums and permabans anyoen who opens a thread saying Axis is unbalanced
8 Oct 2018, 15:41 PM

Hans doesn't deserve to be namedropped here at all, I'm sure any of his viewers or fellow subs here will agree with me. Yes he got angry on stream once, but this sort of thing happens to the entire RTS community unless you are the Dude from The Big Lebowski. You have a bad day and the game throws up some stupid RNG or an idiotic teammate, so you get frustrated... BIG DEAL!

He is one of the few European streamers that actually cares about the CoH2 community. He doesn't deserve being attacked like this.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak