Login

russian armor

What is the point of the OKW Flak Half-track right now?

29 Sep 2018, 09:31 AM

Performance is pretty balanced right now. A 5-10FU price reduction wouldn't hurt though. It's more expensive than the M15 while it's arguably less good.

hmm yeah a 5-10 fuel decrease should be good for the flak HT...
29 Sep 2018, 09:33 AM

Two volleys without suppressing. In what world is that in any way balanced?

looks at maxim... now thats an MG that takes 2 volleys to suppress...
29 Sep 2018, 10:26 AM

The Flak HT was the OKW meta last patch. The buffs to Sturmpioneer Medkits and the Luchs's build time have reduced its usage by making the Luchs a stronger competitor, but there was still Flak HT action in GCS 2.

It doesn't have the shock value of the Luchs but it's still a good shock unit. Well worth building if you go the Battlegroup route in my opinion.
29 Sep 2018, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2018, 09:10 AMgbem

1. the flak HT is fragile... but it can and will stop a blob of 3 squads...

A blob, maybe. A properly spaced three squads? While taking two full volleys to maybe suppress one of them? Yeah, no.

And no, I wasn't talking about units in cover. It currently can't suppress one unit out in the open, without even yellow cover, in two volleys. That is not balanced, at all.
29 Sep 2018, 18:24 PM

It probably the best suppression half-track in the game. The USF and Soviet version do not have smoke. You can use the Soviet version offensively though.
29 Sep 2018, 19:13 PM

A blob, maybe. A properly spaced three squads? While taking two full volleys to maybe suppress one of them? Yeah, no.

And no, I wasn't talking about units in cover. It currently can't suppress one unit out in the open, without even yellow cover, in two volleys. That is not balanced, at all.

Just tested it in CheatMod, it suppresses Rifleman squads in one volley.
29 Sep 2018, 20:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just invised a couple of comments.

If you have anything else to say to each other use the PM system.
29 Sep 2018, 20:58 PM

if a player takes the time to micro and properly space squads, he should be rewarded. its counterplay.
29 Sep 2018, 21:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I feel like the suppression did get slightly over nerfed, maybe it should have gone from 0.3 to 0.2 instead of 0.15.
29 Sep 2018, 21:37 PM

It is not a bad unit. But compared to the allie Light supression cars it is weak. Csn fire begore set up...has problems vs more than one squad. Need much more babysitting and is much more easier to lose..
29 Sep 2018, 21:39 PM

It's not as easy to micro as the SOV one, but I think the USF one gets the award for 'most awkward unit to micro in the game'.
29 Sep 2018, 21:46 PM

Loved it before last patch. Using it just for AA now. Tommyblobs kill hmgs in front easily, penalblobs much the same. Flak-ht was your only choice, but now it could be killed with single double-zooked RE walking toward it. That's why I think too it's overnefred. Can agree with price reduction ask though.
P.S. inb4 bias accusations: it was me who zooked it. And you'll say that I zooked noob, yeah. And if zooked me - it's me noob. If you losing something you're noob. If you win - you're still noob matched with bigger noobs. You're top 1k? You're noob. You're top100? Rank means nothing. .org discussions become more and more pointless today.
29 Sep 2018, 21:59 PM

It is not a bad unit. But compared to the allie Light supression cars it is weak. Csn fire begore set up...has problems vs more than one squad. Need much more babysitting and is much more easier to lose..

Which allied light suppression car you refer to exactly?
Because there is none that could suppress infantry faster then OKW AA HT.

And what makes you believe that multiple spread out squads will not give trouble to other HTs?
30 Sep 2018, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2018, 21:46 PMHater
Loved it before last patch. Using it just for AA now. Tommyblobs kill hmgs in front easily, penalblobs much the same. Flak-ht was your only choice, but now it could be killed with single double-zooked RE walking toward it. That's why I think too it's overnefred. Can agree with price reduction ask though.
P.S. inb4 bias accusations: it was me who zooked it. And you'll say that I zooked noob, yeah. And if zooked me - it's me noob. If you losing something you're noob. If you win - you're still noob matched with bigger noobs. You're top 1k? You're noob. You're top100? Rank means nothing. .org discussions become more and more pointless today.

its still good enough to decide a game... and when i use it as okw i have great success with it... but yes a 10-5 fuel reduction wont hurt
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
New Zealand 38
Germany 12
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L