Login

russian armor

What is the point of the OKW Flak Half-track right now?

29 Sep 2018, 03:34 AM

It's a slow moving light vehicle that has to stop and setup, i.e. extremely vulnerable to everything.

It delays armor, it attracts light tanks like a lamp attracts moths, and it requires flawless micro.

So with all this in mind, what possible justification did anyone have to overnerf it into its current state?

Built one in a recent match and watched it pummel a single infantry unit for two volleys without suppressing it.

Two volleys without suppressing. In what world is that in any way balanced?

Was it balanced when it suppressed units within the first two-three shots out of a single volley? No.

Is it balanced now that it can't suppress units with two volleys? Clearly, also no.

So I suppose the question is: how long will the OKW Flak Half-track be the scape goat victim of overnerfing, like so many other units before it?
29 Sep 2018, 05:41 AM

It's a slow moving light vehicle that has to stop and setup, i.e. extremely vulnerable to everything.

It delays armor, it attracts light tanks like a lamp attracts moths, and it requires flawless micro.

So with all this in mind, what possible justification did anyone have to overnerf it into its current state?

Built one in a recent match and watched it pummel a single infantry unit for two volleys without suppressing it.

Two volleys without suppressing. In what world is that in any way balanced?

Was it balanced when it suppressed units within the first two-three shots out of a single volley? No.

Is it balanced now that it can't suppress units with two volleys? Clearly, also no.

So I suppose the question is: how long will the OKW Flak Half-track be the scape goat victim of overnerfing, like so many other units before it?

The okw flak HT is a suppression platform just like the m15 gmc... its really good at its role requiring 1 volley not 2 to suppress... its also pretty good when coupled with rakatens... before its nerfs it was also ridiculously OP and a no brainer choice in every match... soo no it doesnt need buffs and it deserved its nerf...
29 Sep 2018, 05:58 AM

Are you high? The flak trak is probably one of the best lights in the game. Attracting lights means securing a kill against a light as OKW as you have the best of all worlds (OK raks are kind of a crap shoot but let's all advocate for an improvement and a removal of creeping death!) you have a cheap camo AT gun, cheap mines and a durable squad, with a snare AND an upgrade that allows them to combat squads up to 20% more expensive than they... Lights are easy as okw as long as you accept the fact that they are coming and prepare. Something med truck puts you in a good place to do.
29 Sep 2018, 06:08 AM

The OKW halftrack used to be bad, but it's been buffed to the point that it's one of the better light. It feels better than the Luchs too. I think you are probably not using it correctly
29 Sep 2018, 06:40 AM

u kno someone is axis biased af when they say the flak ht is bad.
29 Sep 2018, 07:06 AM

Have any of the players in this thread actually used the flak half-track recently?

It literally doesn't suppress anymore. Check for yourself. Two volleys -- nothing.

I'm not going to go digging through patch notes, but it's pretty obvious it was overnerfed at some point.
29 Sep 2018, 07:07 AM

Have any of the players in this thread actually used the flak half-track recently?

It literally doesn't suppress anymore. Check for yourself. Two volleys -- nothing.

I'm not going to go digging through patch notes, but it's pretty obvious it was overnerfed at some point.

yes i have... yes it suppresses... its alot better than the maxim aswell... no you must be using it against targets in yellow/green cover... no its not been overnerfed...
29 Sep 2018, 07:09 AM

and arent you that guy who defended the OKW UP thread?? did you take a look at the GCS numbers? thats alot of bias tinted glasses for you to not ot see that...
29 Sep 2018, 07:24 AM

I wonder if it's possible to make the OKW Flak HQ move and act as the Flak HT lol, that would be funny as fuck to see.
29 Sep 2018, 07:28 AM

I wonder if it's possible to make the OKW Flak HQ move and act as the Flak HT lol, that would be funny as fuck to see.

inb4 its satcheled to death because the truck is fairly slow...
29 Sep 2018, 07:34 AM

I have, and regularly. It is a better unit than the luchs - it demands a bit of scouting to keep it alive, but it hits hard once it does. I like it with PFussi, Volks, and late-game with a JP4.
29 Sep 2018, 08:20 AM

The point of the Flak HT is: Mobile supression platform + AA in late game.

It´s not as good as it was before but it´s still generally a good unit. It deserved it´s suppresion nerf. Also funny that you mention the LV it attracts, why not park T0 raks camoed behind it and use it as a death trap for AEC, Stuart etc?

If you think it doesn´t supress in two volleys then please learn how cover works in COH2.
29 Sep 2018, 08:21 AM

The point of the Flak HT is: Mobile supression platform + AA in late game.

It´s not as good as it was before but it´s still generally a good unit. It deserved it´s suppresion nerf. Also funny that you mention the LV it attracts, why not park T0 raks camoed behind it and use it as a death trap for AEC, Stuart etc?

ive actually won a game via that tactic against a confident T-70 that got hit by 2 volleys from 2 raks XD
29 Sep 2018, 08:38 AM

My suggestion would to give 2 modes to AAHT. One that does damage but no suppresses and one that suppresses but does less damage.
29 Sep 2018, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2018, 08:38 AMVipper
My suggestion would to give 2 modes to AAHT. One that does damage but no suppresses and one that suppresses but does less damage.

Interesting idea, like setting the flak detonation range on diferent timings... one will hit with the full shell and the other will make it airburst making suppression...
I like this idea.
29 Sep 2018, 08:58 AM

Performance is pretty balanced right now. A 5-10FU price reduction wouldn't hurt though. It's more expensive than the M15 while it's arguably less good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★